Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

grand army of republic (clone army) vs army of old republic (swtor era)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
grand army of republic (clone army) vs army of old republic (swtor era)

Aurbere
10.28.2013 , 04:33 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Source? Empire at war claims them to be prototypes during the Rise of the rebellion.

Also, these are standard clone legions, I highly doubt if AT-AT's were available during the clone wars, they'd be a standard.
Battle of Jabiim.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Selenial
10.28.2013 , 04:36 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Battle of Jabiim.
Whats higher canon, EAW or comics? Because EAW directly states them to be prototypes during the Rise of the Empire.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Aurbere
10.28.2013 , 04:38 PM | #13
Whats higher canon, EAW or comics? Because EAW directly states them to be prototypes during the Rise of the Empire.
I don't know. But the Essential Atlas notes them to be newly-deployed at the Battle of Jabiim during the second year of the Clone Wars.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Selenial
10.28.2013 , 04:47 PM | #14
I don't know. But the Essential Atlas notes them to be newly-deployed at the Battle of Jabiim during the second year of the Clone Wars.
And the Prima Game Guide, along with EAW states that the battle of Carrida was its first test... Conflicting Canon it seems
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Aurbere
10.28.2013 , 05:08 PM | #15
And the Prima Game Guide, along with EAW states that the battle of Carrida was its first test... Conflicting Canon it seems
What about publication dates as a way to clear this up?

Kilikaa
10.28.2013 , 05:45 PM | #16
According to The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels, the AT-AT was invented and developed by the Galactic Empire. The guide also states "The At-ATs history began during the Clone Wars when the Republic experienced success with the AT-TA, At-PT and other walkers."

No mention of the AT-AT being used during the Clone Wars at all. These were built afterward. Maximillian Veers resurrected the project. The same Veers who would eventually lead the At-AT attack on Echo Base during the Battle of Hoth. At-TEs were the walkers theRepublic used during the Clone Wars.

Aurbere
10.28.2013 , 05:51 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilikaa View Post
According to The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels, the AT-AT was invented and developed by the Galactic Empire. The guide also states "The At-ATs history began during the Clone Wars when the Republic experienced success with the AT-TA, At-PT and other walkers."

No mention of the AT-AT being used during the Clone Wars at all. These were built afterward. Maximillian Veers resurrected the project. The same Veers who would eventually lead the At-AT attack on Echo Base during the Battle of Hoth. At-TEs were the walkers theRepublic used during the Clone Wars.
You are skipping one very important sentence:

Quote:
The AT-AT's history began during the Clone Wars, when the Republic experienced success with the AT-TE, the AT-PT, and other "walkers." Years later, Commander Maximillian Veers resurrected the AT-AT concept, and the vehicles became a staple of the Imperial Army.
Emphasis mine. I see no conflict in sources.

Kilikaa
10.28.2013 , 06:03 PM | #18
You are skipping one very important sentence:

Emphasis mine. I see no conflict in sources.
I did not skip anything. The guide I have clearly states that the AT-AT was affiliated with the Galactic Empire. Walkers such as the PT and TE are listed as Old Republic. The AT's development may have started under the OR and was brought back to life by Veers and the Empire, but non were built and deployed by the GAR. I don't normally disagree with you, Aurbere. I know a lot about Star Wars but you know a lot more than I do and I learn quite a bit from you. In this case, however, I have to disagree. There does seem to be a conflict in sources here.

Xakthul
10.28.2013 , 06:06 PM | #19
AT-AT was Imp department of Miliary research + Kuat Drive Yards

It was made post-war because of the Imperials finding minefield vulnerability in the AT-TE. The only walkers that the Empire really carried over from the GAR was the AT-TE. The AT-PT had all but disappeared with the Katana fleet, and the AT-ST had only been proto'd, but never fielded in the Clone Wars.

My source for this is the New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

Xakthul
10.28.2013 , 06:10 PM | #20
EU books> Essential Guides> Comics> Game-canon
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf