Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

POSSIBLE SPOILERS Who really has the most authority/power?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
POSSIBLE SPOILERS Who really has the most authority/power?

Xakthul
11.06.2013 , 09:39 PM | #41
How in the hell did the Voidhound suddenly become fifth place?
Lord J'mpok Mogh
His Story: Sith Happens
The Powers of Time Lost: That Different RP Idea
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf, Return of the King

AlexDougherty
11.07.2013 , 08:05 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Xakthul View Post
How in the hell did the Voidhound suddenly become fifth place?
Well I read about how the fleet is only a temporary addition to your power, which alters things a bit. The differences in influence is very slight for most of them, only the Inquisitor has an unassailable lead, and only the Bounty Hunter has virtualy no power-base, the rest are separated by minute amounts.

But you can shift the agent up or done a place depending on your own choices.

Also I'm only stating my opinion, and while I'll argue about it, I'm not actually forcing it on you, please feel free to disagree as vigourously as you please, I won't take offence.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

MWidowmaker
11.08.2013 , 02:39 PM | #43
Agent becomes, essentially Batman
and Batman trumps all

assuming you kept the Black Codex

but why wouldn't you keep it?

jovianus
11.08.2013 , 03:29 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by MWidowmaker View Post
Agent becomes, essentially Batman
and Batman trumps all

assuming you kept the Black Codex

but why wouldn't you keep it?
Being ever loyal to the Empire, my Agent gave it to the Minister of Intelligence, because the Sith are a bigger danger to the Sith Empire than anybody else.

Hell_Kaiser_Fett
11.08.2013 , 07:54 PM | #45
My Bounty Hunter is my favorite, but I still feel Nox>all. Where the Emperor's Wrath stands is another issue.
"You are now an official member of the Fett Lineage." - Temuera Morrison at ConNooga March 2, 2013

Critical-
11.11.2013 , 06:13 PM | #46
The Voidhound has the most power and authority.

The rest answer to someone or something, the only one who can do what ever he wants is The Voidhound baby.

JLazarillo
11.11.2013 , 09:09 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Critical- View Post
The Voidhound has the most power and authority.

The rest answer to someone or something, the only one who can do what ever he wants is The Voidhound baby.
The thing is, freedom from authority is, in and of itself, not authority. This is the same "problem" that the Wrath has. He's not answerable to anyone except the Emperor (who's mostly dead), but that doesn't mean he has power over anyone else, either. Same with the Voidhound. Sure, there's nobody who can pull his leash, but outside of his crew of five, he ain't got no one to tug, either.

If freedom were the only deciding factor, the Grand Champion would actually have the most "authority" of every character, honestly.

AlexDougherty
11.12.2013 , 04:08 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by JLazarillo View Post
The thing is, freedom from authority is, in and of itself, not authority. This is the same "problem" that the Wrath has. He's not answerable to anyone except the Emperor (who's mostly dead), but that doesn't mean he has power over anyone else, either. Same with the Voidhound. Sure, there's nobody who can pull his leash, but outside of his crew of five, he ain't got no one to tug, either.

If freedom were the only deciding factor, the Grand Champion would actually have the most "authority" of every character, honestly.
^This^

Plus Darth Nox doesn't answer to anybody, he is a member of the Dark Council, and with the Emperor missing answers to no-one, yes his power is tempered by the other DC members, but that's not the same as being answerable to them.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Ottoattack
11.14.2013 , 03:57 PM | #49
I guess the thread mentioned possible spoilers so I won't try to hide stuff. I have not played smuggler and trooper story.

Emperor wraith does not really have an power base and no direct authority over anything or anyone. Surely a very powerful Sith, but no authority. With the emperor gone, I was curios what is the function of wraith as of that point.

Nox/Imperious has a huge power base. Beside inheriting the power base of the DC you kill in the end of the story (I forgot his name), many of the DC members fall, and considering that Nox/Imperious is one of the more powerful DC members, surely secured a large portion of that.

Imperial agent, I did not know there are so many ending! But, in none of them you are an authority figure not controlled by the Sith.

Bounty hunter is a bounty hunter. You have a crew and hunt bounties. No authority.

HOT, while the game kinda of indirectly indicate to be the most powerful force user (as he/she killed the emperor), but he/she is just a Jedi Council member. Same can be said for counselor.

From the ones above, while may not be the strongest, Nox/Imperious seems to be the most powerful. He/she is one of the strongest 5-6 authoritative figures in the empire at Makeb's end. I see a comparison to smuggler with a fleet of pirates. Really? We are comparing between a pirates fleet and one of the heads of the empire and its armies?

Girdeux
11.14.2013 , 08:45 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post

Nox/Imperious has a huge power base. Beside inheriting the power base of the DC you kill in the end of the story (I forgot his name), many of the DC members fall, and considering that Nox/Imperious is one of the more powerful DC members, surely secured a large portion of that.
There is actually a few DC members that are considered to be almost worthless in terms of power. Nox is actually on the bottom with them.

The only thing that gave Nox leverage over anyone else was the Silencer superweapon. Which now has been destroyed after the conclusion of Act 3 somewhere.