Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

POSSIBLE SPOILERS Who really has the most authority/power?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
POSSIBLE SPOILERS Who really has the most authority/power?

benovide's Avatar


benovide
10.29.2013 , 10:32 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by FullMetalJew View Post
The Agent has so many alternate endings that being head of Sith Intelligence varies on your choices, for example I killed Jadus and chose to destroy the Black Codex letting Intelligence never come back together and The Agent basically becoming a Bounty Hunter/Contract Killer because he/she is no longer under intelligence. Another ending is if you leave Arden Koth alive and choose the light ending when the Black Codex comes you end up giving it to him and joining the SIS so there are many alternate endings to the Agent saying that he is in charge of Soth I telligence is just one of the outcomes.
I had no idea.

Playing this game going on since near launch, and I never knew that. OMG I'm going to make a LS OP to become a member of the SIS FY!

Xakthul's Avatar


Xakthul
10.30.2013 , 03:47 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
Smuggler has more power than Barsen'thor, but no way is the leader of Havok Squad the equal of a member of the Jedi Council, and no way Leader of Havok Squad more powerful than Hero of Tython. Barsen'thor is greater than Hero of Tython who is greater than Leader of Havok Squad.
Authority-wise, HoT is actually just a Master. Sure, he's able to commandeer troops, but Havoc is, too. Besides this, HoT isn't NOTHING, but he has less direct military authority than Havoc.

Barsen'thor is, authority-wise about the equivalent of Havoc. I'm NOT talking Force Power, fight power, etc. I'm mostly talking military power. The Voidhound has faaaaaaaaar more power than the rest of the 'Pubs with his/her pocket fleet, close if not equal to Nox's. As for the HoT, Garza has more military chain-of-command power than him, and Havoc is very close to Garza's level. Therefore I have my chart, as shown in my last post.
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

JLazarillo's Avatar


JLazarillo
10.30.2013 , 04:11 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Xakthul View Post
Barsen'thor is, authority-wise about the equivalent of Havoc. I'm NOT talking Force Power, fight power, etc. I'm mostly talking military power. The Voidhound has faaaaaaaaar more power than the rest of the 'Pubs with his/her pocket fleet, close if not equal to Nox's. As for the HoT, Garza has more military chain-of-command power than him, and Havoc is very close to Garza's level. Therefore I have my chart, as shown in my last post.
I think you're forgetting a point about the Smuggler: it's made clear that he had that fleet at his beck and call for all of one assignment, essentially. With the possible exception of Ivory, the entire "power base" he built up, regardless of how he did it, was basically subverted after the big reveal in chapter 3.

Havoc's XO, similarly, has command of his own squad and that's about it. Heck, even the HoT outranks him at the end of the story (though, like the Warrior's title, it's probably mostly just an "honorary" rank). He has celebrity, and Garza's willing to bend certain rules for him, but Garza's still the one who actually has the authority.

Barsen'thor is on the Jedi Council, which makes him the only one, Republic-side in a legitimate and broad leadership position. Unless you assume the Knight's title is more than honorary, this leaves the others in a 3-way tie for second, having legitimate influence over...their companions, and not much else, really.

Xakthul's Avatar


Xakthul
10.30.2013 , 08:59 PM | #24
The Voidhound's military power REALLY, REALLY massively hinges on what choice you pick. If you pick either of the two DS options, you lore-wise keep your fleet and holdings. The 180 degree opposite happens if you choose the LS option.

As for Havoc, I remember him/her only being answerable to Garza. Garza, in turn, is answerable (as far as I know) only to the Chancellor (I also remember a big fracas about her political power in the 'Pub gov't.)

Barsen'thor has great military power no matter what you choose. However, the only place he really gets to exercise it is on Corellia He is theoretically, like Havoc, able to commandeer whatever Republic forces happen to be at hand, but I don't remember if they ever actually show Bar'senthor doing it.
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

AlexDougherty's Avatar


AlexDougherty
10.31.2013 , 09:06 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Xakthul View Post
The Voidhound's military power REALLY, REALLY massively hinges on what choice you pick. If you pick either of the two DS options, you lore-wise keep your fleet and holdings. The 180 degree opposite happens if you choose the LS option.

As for Havoc, I remember him/her only being answerable to Garza. Garza, in turn, is answerable (as far as I know) only to the Chancellor (I also remember a big fracas about her political power in the 'Pub gov't.)

Barsen'thor has great military power no matter what you choose. However, the only place he really gets to exercise it is on Corellia He is theoretically, like Havoc, able to commandeer whatever Republic forces happen to be at hand, but I don't remember if they ever actually show Bar'senthor doing it.
Havoc is answerable to all superior officers and the Senate, he is following Garza's orders, which gives him a certain leeway, and his/her commanding officer is General Garza herself. But if another officer gives him an order and it doesn't technically violate his orders from Garza he/she has to obey them.

Barsen'thor isn't shown using any miltary authority, but that is besides the point, he/she has it, within reason. He/she also has significant pull with the Senate, he/she is acting as an ambassador to the Rift Alliance for the Senate, therefore he/she can use Senatorial resources to accomplish his/her objectives, bearing in mind he/she will have to explain any such uses to either the Senate/Supreme Chancellor/another representative acting on behalf on the Senate/Supreme Chancellor.

In another post you claim the Hero of Tython is just another General, I think you underestimate Him/Her, as well as being a General or Diplomatic Attache between the Jedi and military (depending on choices), he/she is a Folk Hero, his/her story is going to be told through out the republic, and thus he/she is going to be given the benefit of the doubt when giving orders or responsibility for his/her actions.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Xakthul's Avatar


Xakthul
10.31.2013 , 05:07 PM | #26
I didn't say that HoT was just another general. He's a pretty powerful Force user and relatively high up in the council, but he doesn't have the military power of the DS Voidhound, Barsen'thor, or even Havoc.
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

Trentest's Avatar


Trentest
10.31.2013 , 07:23 PM | #27
In terms of the power they command, Darth Nox rules supreme. Tens of thousands of Sith inevitably report to Nox. They are only answerable to the Emperor. That's a lot of authority. Nox probably also has the most dramatic ascension to total power: from slave of the Sith to a Master of the Sith.

The Emperor's Wrath also has a huge deal of authority, since they really exist outside the Sith power structure, answerable to the Emperor and no one else. Even Nox has to contend with the Dark Council.

In terms of actual power, like ability, it's harder to say. But since the Hero of Tython managed to kill the Emperor, who was at the time the most powerful being in the galaxy, I'd say they get that honour.

Bar'senthor, Voidhound, Havoc Commander, Cipher Nine and the Champion of the Great Hunt... they are much harder to place. Bar'senthor is definitely a powerful force user and is tight with the Council, but has limited influence outside the Jedi.

The Champion is probably bottom of the list.

Fordel's Avatar


Fordel
11.01.2013 , 08:42 AM | #28
Official on paper authority, the Trooper's is rather limited. Trooper's influence tied to the loyalty and symbolism of what being the Commander of Havoc represents, is much larger. It's pretty much the entire point of the Troopers first chapter.

Xakthul's Avatar


Xakthul
11.01.2013 , 05:09 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Fordel View Post
Official on paper authority, the Trooper's is rather limited. Trooper's influence tied to the loyalty and symbolism of what being the Commander of Havoc represents, is much larger. It's pretty much the entire point of the Troopers first chapter.
And it's shown that many officers would rather listen to Havoc than HoT. In both stories
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

Stncold's Avatar


Stncold
11.02.2013 , 04:07 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Xakthul View Post
If you pick either of the two DS options, you lore-wise keep your fleet and holdings. The 180 degree opposite happens if you choose the LS option.
.
Where on earth are you getting this from? Nothing in-game has ever said that LS Smuggler loses everything and during the Oricon introduction, Saresh tells the Smuggler something like "Sorry to bother you, I know you have your business to attend to", which heavily implies she's talking about the Smuggler's empire. Is your reasoning that all the pirates would suddenly leave because they're working for the Republic in a way?

That's just silly, they don't care who they are working for as long as they get paid, and they still have plenty of opportunity to do piratey stuff by raiding Imp ships and stuff.

LS Smuggler is basically the era's Talon Karrde, the kingpin of the galactic underworld who uses their massive criminal network to aid the Republic.
Selthia-Guardian
Zarrec- Gunslinger Yorenec-Commando
POT5.
RIP The Fatman