Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

POSSIBLE SPOILERS Who really has the most authority/power?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
POSSIBLE SPOILERS Who really has the most authority/power?

benovide
10.27.2013 , 02:07 AM | #1
Emperor's Wrath is seen as an equal to the dark counsel.
Darth Nox is a member of the Dark Counsel
Voidhound controls a fleet of pirates
Cipher is the head of Sith Intelligence
Bounty Hunter, well, he's just alone.
Jedi Knight is a member of the Jedi council or made a General
Jedi Consular is a member of the Jedi Counsel
Trooper is just a Battalion XO, or just a leader of what is essentially an ODA.

Who is the most authoritarian, and who has the most power? Why?

AshlaBoga
10.27.2013 , 02:23 AM | #2
The Agent is NOT the head of Sith Intelligence.
A high ranking member? Yes, the head? No.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Darkelefantos
10.27.2013 , 02:30 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by benovide View Post

The Emperor's Wrath is technically above the Council and has the right to defy them if the Emperor demands it. Of course, he can't just order them around, but he is somewhat more important than the average Council member.

Darth Nox is a member of the Council, giving him complete authority about his "Pyramid". However, since his Pyramid is not particulary big and important, other Council members are more important.

The Voidhound controls a fleet of pirates, that's true. And that's all there is to it. No political or military authority beyond that.

Cipher may be the head of Sith Intelligence, but does that even exist yet? Better yet, is it still under the order of a specific member of the Dark Council? In that case, his authority isn't that great.

The Bounty Hunter is a Mandalorian hero and Grand Champion of the Great Hunt, so if Mandalore ever calls the clans to war, he might end up having authority. Beyond that, not really anything.

I don't think the Knight joins the Jedi Council (although it's been a long time), but he really doesn't have to. A decorated war hero and Supreme Commander of the Jedi forces (at least on Corellia) as well as a Jedi Master, he has a lot of authority within the Order and in the Republic army.

The Consular is a Council member, so has a lot of authority, but is not Grandmaster or anything. So he has a lot of authority, but not in any extreme.

The Trooper is a Major, as well as CO of Havoc Squad. Seeing as he is Special Forces and not technically part of the Republic Army, he has even higher authority than his rank. It's made clear at some point during the Trooper story that he can commandeer any local forces of the Republic Army, if need be. However, he still has to answer to his commanding officers (General Garza as head of Special Forces, for instance).

There, you have a list. Pick the one you see as having the most power/authority/influence.

AlexDougherty
10.27.2013 , 03:52 AM | #4

The Agent only becomes the head of what's left of intelligence, and is answerable to the military.
Jedi Knight become liaison between Jedi Council and Military, but does not join the council.
By Voidwolf, I assume you mean the smuggler leads a fleet of pirates, also he is joint leader(alongside Rogan the Butcher) of a criminal network.
The Emperor's wrath is limited in his power, he can do what he likes, but has no powerbase to draw upon, although I assume he would quickly build one.

That just leaves the Jedi Consular and the Sith Inquisitor, both are members of their councils, although Jedi Council only controls Jedi, while Dark Council controls the entire empire. To me that suggests the Inquisitor has the most power, with the Wrath and the smuggler in joint second place.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

benovide
10.27.2013 , 01:07 PM | #5
For people who didn't pay attention, or at least who didn't go Dark Side, Lord Jadus appoints you as the head of Sith Intelligence. And will model it to your desires.

AshlaBoga
10.27.2013 , 01:30 PM | #6
For people who didn't pay attention, or at least who didn't go Dark Side, Lord Jadus appoints you as the head of Sith Intelligence. And will model it to your desires.
Oh, I didn`t side with Jadus so I never got that option

Drat, now I wish I was the Hand of Jadus
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Selenial
10.27.2013 , 01:58 PM | #7
Lord Scourge never built a powerbase as Wrath, and the new Wrath doesn't really have one either, and it will never rival that of Nox.

The most power lies with The Hero of Tython, the Smuggler, Barsen'Thor and Nox, Nox and the Smuggler having a damn fleet each, Smuggler with a criminal empire, Nox with the silencer and a few Moffs to boot. Barsen'Thor and The HOT having elite ground forces, and possible armadas to boot.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Darth_Wicked
10.27.2013 , 03:54 PM | #8
He appointed you as the Hand of Jadus but he did NOT appointed you as the head of Sith Intelligence, not to mention you never get to see anything concerning Sith Intelligence but only vague references, outside the IA storyline.

Also, last I checked, the one who oversaw all operations concernign Imperial Intelligence was the Minister, which was the former Keeper. This is made ABUNDANTLY CLEAR during the second act.
Click here for FREE unlocks ( Referral Link )
Quote: Originally Posted by Revan Reborn makes his stand
I've saved the Republic twice before--I've fought Mandalores and armies of the darkside. You won't stop me.

TheSupaCoopa
10.27.2013 , 05:57 PM | #9
Actually, depending on the choices, the Imp agent can actually be a person that, according to all written records, does not exist.
The Valiance Legacy, Begeren Colony
"I don't get paid to do the easy jobs, ma'am."- Republic Trooper
Current 50's and 55's

vPLethality AmillarArturon

Selenial
10.27.2013 , 06:51 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSupaCoopa View Post
Actually, depending on the choices, the Imp agent can actually be a person that, according to all written records, does not exist.
Which is another form of power entirely, but huge power none the less.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger