Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The REAL Most Powerful Sith Lightsaber Duelists

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The REAL Most Powerful Sith Lightsaber Duelists

Beniboybling
10.19.2013 , 10:30 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I'm not using Wookieepedia.
I'd like to see where exactly its stated that Ventress mastered a single form.

I personally agree with Unduli's assessment.

LadyKulvax
10.19.2013 , 10:30 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
That is pure conjecture I'm afraid. Wookieepedia not counting as evidence.
She duelled with and survived: Obi-Wan, Anakin Skywalker, Darth Tyrannus, General Grievous, Mace Windu, Sora Bulq, Luminara Unduli and a long list of other names, she beat plenty of them and fought equally even with Windu.

The evidence speaks for itself.
"Go ahead, Rebel—let's get it over with. Turn Grand Admiral Teshik to smoke. You'll be smoke, too, soon enough. For each of our wars is just one little piece of a greater war, one endless and incalculably larger."
Peace War Death

Aurbere
10.19.2013 , 10:34 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I'd like to see where exactly its stated that Ventress mastered a single form.

I personally agree with Unduli's assessment.
Unduli's assessment of her skills was early in her career (if you trust the timeline the Wookiee gives on her page, which incidentally makes Plo Koon vastly superior to Unduli )

Regardless, through simple observation we can judge that Ventress is a master of Jar'Kai and Makashi.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Aurbere
10.19.2013 , 10:38 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
She duelled with and survived: Obi-Wan, Anakin Skywalker, Darth Tyrannus, General Grievous, Mace Windu, Sora Bulq, Luminara Unduli and a long list of other names, she beat plenty of them and fought equally even with Windu.

The duel with Sora Bulq is a bit circumstantial.
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

LadyKulvax
10.19.2013 , 10:39 AM | #25
The duel with Sora Bulq is a bit circumstantial.
Every duel contains circumstances, however her ability to duel with and contend with these names is indicative of a larger skill than a lot of people credit her with

Unduli can say what she wants but she has always represented just another Red Shirt Jedi to me.
"Go ahead, Rebel—let's get it over with. Turn Grand Admiral Teshik to smoke. You'll be smoke, too, soon enough. For each of our wars is just one little piece of a greater war, one endless and incalculably larger."
Peace War Death

Aurbere
10.19.2013 , 10:41 AM | #26
Every duel contains circumstances, however her ability to duel with and contend with these names is indicative of a larger skill than a lot of people credit her with

Unduli can say what she wants but she has always represented just another Red Shirt Jedi to me.
Quite true.

Beniboybling
10.19.2013 , 10:42 AM | #27

Unfortunately is doesn't, if Ventress has mastered a lightsaber form I'm very confident a sourcebook would have made it clear, particular because Star Wars never fails to mention those kind of details in relation to the PT era.

I'll admit she's certainly a high level practitioner of Makashi and Jar'Kai but I feel mastery eludes here. I feel here success against the Jedi she has faced is primarily down to her exceptional power in the Force which I feel is often underestimated. She defeated Unduli for one, simply by being faster.

That said the evidence doesn't in any way dispute this. Against Kenobi and Anakin she held her own but without avenues of escape she was quickly defeated. Against Dooku she was humiliated, against Grievous she exploited his blatant overconfidence, she sparred against Windu for mere seconds before breaking off and her performance against Dooku indicates she would have been defeated in very short order, against Sora Bulq the fight was completely staged and against Unduli as I prievously mentioned she was just too quick, but in lightsaber combat matched her blow for blow fairly confidently despite having a vision impairment.

On the other hand she was disarmed by Plo Koon despite the Kel Dor having a broken arm.

Again she's definitely skilled but one of the most powerful dark side lightsaber duelists ever? I wouldn't even consider it.

tunewalker
10.19.2013 , 10:44 AM | #28
any one else realize we aren't even talking about sith right now? Or I don't feel we are.

Beniboybling
10.19.2013 , 10:44 AM | #29
Quite true.
Yet we have actual canon statements touting Unduli as a master of Soresu and IMO is a greater duelist than Ventress.

Beniboybling
10.19.2013 , 10:46 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
any one else realize we aren't even talking about sith right now? Or I don't feel we are.
Well your opinions on post #17 are welcome as our your opinions on Maul for #6 who I feel is the strongest candidate.