Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The REAL Most Powerful Sith Lightsaber Duelists

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The REAL Most Powerful Sith Lightsaber Duelists

tunewalker
10.19.2013 , 01:00 AM | #11
I think after we are done with this list we do need to have a Dark Jedi list because there are almost as many skilled dark jedi as there are sith possibly more.

LadyKulvax
10.19.2013 , 09:25 AM | #12
Could Asajj Ventress technically be considered for the title of Sith? I mean kind of... technically... Palpatine wanted to institute the Rule of One and he had all but thrown out the Rule of Two and only used it as a pseudo-mechanism to keep Tyranus and the likes from ganging up on him.

So technically, maybe, sort of she could possibly be considered a kind of Sith Apprentice.
"True power, is not the ability to destroy an opponent, on the contrary, true power lies in words, for words can create and destroy civilisations, a lightsaber or a gout of lightning cannot."
Power Victory

Beniboybling
10.19.2013 , 10:01 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
Could Asajj Ventress technically be considered for the title of Sith? I mean kind of... technically... Palpatine wanted to institute the Rule of One and he had all but thrown out the Rule of Two and only used it as a pseudo-mechanism to keep Tyranus and the likes from ganging up on him.

So technically, maybe, sort of she could possibly be considered a kind of Sith Apprentice.
Given that Galen Marek was not considered for the Most Powerful Sith list then I'm afraid not.

Regardless given that she has not mastered a single lightsaber form, I doubt she'd make this list. She may be powerful but she is lacking in skill and very much outclassed by other Sith Lords.

Beniboybling
10.19.2013 , 10:03 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by sell-dog View Post
Also what about the Kun vs Vader for #5 Sith?
Erm, what about Malgus vs Traya for #8 as suggested above?

tunewalker
10.19.2013 , 10:16 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Erm, what about Malgus vs Traya for #8 as suggested above?
no to both. Traya doesn't have big enough feats to topple Malgus I feel. Same with Kun topping Vader. While Traya and Kun may have more esoteric abilities I feel both Vader and Malgus have greater raw power. And to me Raw power beats out esoteric by a slight margin when talking about "most powerful."

LadyKulvax
10.19.2013 , 10:23 AM | #16
No to Traya over Malgus, yes to Kun over Vader, I dont feel Vader beats Kun out in raw power, i'd say they are near equals, Kun just has Sorcery and Alchemy on top of that.

EDIT: Am not actually sure on Traya vs Malgus, honestly I'd lean to Malgus because he mastered some really big time powers himself and that is on top of his powerhouse type of connection he has to the Dark Side.
"True power, is not the ability to destroy an opponent, on the contrary, true power lies in words, for words can create and destroy civilisations, a lightsaber or a gout of lightning cannot."
Power Victory

Beniboybling
10.19.2013 , 10:23 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
no to both. Traya doesn't have big enough feats to topple Malgus I feel. Same with Kun topping Vader. While Traya and Kun may have more esoteric abilities I feel both Vader and Malgus have greater raw power. And to me Raw power beats out esoteric by a slight margin when talking about "most powerful."
Well the point I was making is that Traya does have showings of raw power, Force drain demands a great deal of dark side energy as does Force choking a powerful Force user such as Sion.

So I don't feel its a question of esoteric vs raw power here. I think that's what we are mistakenly assuming.

EDIT: I just see the fact that Traya could choke powerful Force users Malgus was incapable of choking as a strong indication that she was the superior Force user. Malgus just seems to be more outward in his showings.

Aurbere
10.19.2013 , 10:26 AM | #18
Given that Galen Marek was not considered for the Most Powerful Sith list then I'm afraid not.

Regardless given that she has not mastered a single lightsaber form, I doubt she'd make this list. She may be powerful but she is lacking in skill and very much outclassed by other Sith Lords.
That's nonsense. She is very clearly a master duelist.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Beniboybling
10.19.2013 , 10:27 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
That's nonsense. She is very clearly a master duelist.
That is pure conjecture I'm afraid. Wookieepedia not counting as evidence.

Aurbere
10.19.2013 , 10:28 AM | #20
That is pure conjecture I'm afraid. Wookieepedia not counting as evidence.
I'm not using Wookieepedia.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku