Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament - Alliance of Worlds vs Krayt's Vision

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament - Alliance of Worlds vs Krayt's Vision

tunewalker
10.25.2013 , 11:55 AM | #951
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
So you still don't see my point? Think outside the box.

Also, my argument is based on information provided by a canon source. Pellaeon sprang a trap, thus outmaneuvering Wedge in a series of skirmishes. That's my point.
Yes the cannon source is the Essential Guide to Warfare, the author still takes liberties with word choice there. It doesn't change the events from him Palleon not having an extra SSD (thus twice the firepower) of his opponent, an advantage that is lacked in this situation. If we want we can talk about the fact that Wedge won back I believe 6 planets from Pelleaon before Pellaeon was able to spring this trap. (you only have 5 planets) in which that's 6 times Wedge outmaneuvered Pellaeon and that was with out adding an extra SSD to his team.

Aurbere
10.25.2013 , 12:29 PM | #952
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
Yes the cannon source is the Essential Guide to Warfare, the author still takes liberties with word choice there. It doesn't change the events from him Palleon not having an extra SSD (thus twice the firepower) of his opponent, an advantage that is lacked in this situation. If we want we can talk about the fact that Wedge won back I believe 6 planets from Pelleaon before Pellaeon was able to spring this trap. (you only have 5 planets) in which that's 6 times Wedge outmaneuvered Pellaeon and that was with out adding an extra SSD to his team.
If only things were that simple. It's a real shame you ignore everything else.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

tunewalker
10.25.2013 , 01:16 PM | #953
If only things were that simple. It's a real shame you ignore everything else.
what everything else? this is what the 2 fought with and how they fought there is nothing more there is nothing less. The word choice of a guide does not change how the events transpired or what Pellaeon needs to take an advantage over Wedge while Pellaeon is on the defensive.

Beniboybling
10.25.2013 , 01:37 PM | #954
I would just like to take a moment to finally put the Orinda Campaign between Wedge and Gilad to rest. Tune believes that Gilad needed reinforcements to defeat Wedge, whereas I say that Pellaeon outmaneuvered Wedge. So let's see what a third party has to say:
I'd say that Pellaeon needed reinforcements to outmaneuver Wedge...

LadyKulvax
10.25.2013 , 01:44 PM | #955
Or you know... like any competent military commander he set a trap for Antilles to fall into, which was successful, taking heavy damage to his own vessel in a one on one battle to take out Antilles' ship wouldn't do much good when he can't fix his own ship and Antilles can...

Like I have said countless times, Antilles and Co. had every advantage they could want in the war, the Imperial Remnant was fighting a losing battle, moves like this are massive victories for the Remnant,battling an enemy flagship, heavily damaging it and not taking any damage to your own ship, those kinds of engagements were critical for the Empire.

Take a long hard look at Imperial tactics throughout the war and you'll notice a pattern, traps in every battle, because the Imperials couldn't win a conventional war, the numbers were too heavily stacked against them.
Kote! Kandosii sa ka'rta, Vode an.
Battle Honour

Aurbere
10.25.2013 , 03:12 PM | #956
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
Or you know... like any competent military commander he set a trap for Antilles to fall into, which was successful, taking heavy damage to his own vessel in a one on one battle to take out Antilles' ship wouldn't do much good when he can't fix his own ship and Antilles can...

Like I have said countless times, Antilles and Co. had every advantage they could want in the war, the Imperial Remnant was fighting a losing battle, moves like this are massive victories for the Remnant,battling an enemy flagship, heavily damaging it and not taking any damage to your own ship, those kinds of engagements were critical for the Empire.

Take a long hard look at Imperial tactics throughout the war and you'll notice a pattern, traps in every battle, because the Imperials couldn't win a conventional war, the numbers were too heavily stacked against them.
At least someone gets it.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
10.25.2013 , 03:17 PM | #957
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I'd say that Pellaeon needed reinforcements to outmaneuver Wedge...
Then you haven't gotten the point either. At least Rayla gets it.

Beniboybling
10.25.2013 , 03:43 PM | #958
Then you haven't gotten the point either. At least Rayla gets it.
I just said exactly what Rayla said, Gilad couldn't spring the trap without the additional forces could he?

LadyKulvax
10.25.2013 , 03:48 PM | #959
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I just said exactly what Rayla said, Gilad couldn't spring the trap without the additional forces could he?
And yet that was the trap.... he pulled him out into the line of fire without any help, it was a trap which Antilles fell for, hence both of our points.

Antilles fell for Pallaeon's trap, this is our point.

Tune has been arguing that Pallaeon can't beat Antilles without numbers, yet the example he uses is completely off ball, he also entirely left out the larger situation Pallaeon was in.

This is the point me and Aurbere have been making.
Kote! Kandosii sa ka'rta, Vode an.
Battle Honour

Beniboybling
10.25.2013 , 04:00 PM | #960
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
And yet that was the trap.... he pulled him out into the line of fire without any help, it was a trap which Antilles fell for, hence both of our points.

Antilles fell for Pallaeon's trap, this is our point.

Tune has been arguing that Pallaeon can't beat Antilles without numbers, yet the example he uses is completely off ball, he also entirely left out the larger situation Pallaeon was in.

This is the point me and Aurbere have been making.
*shrug* falling for traps seems a matter of intel than tactical ability. Ackbar fell into a trap, it happens.