Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.4+ DPS Leaderboard

idnewton
12.08.2013 , 10:41 AM | #771
Quote: Originally Posted by countpopeula View Post
That's what I've said in the other thread and pretty much exactly what my point was. The time it takes to kill the dummy should be the new measurement standard
Then why do you two keep bickering back and forth on an irrelevant point? Everyone agrees that we should use the new health modules.

The only question is whether or not to use the armor debuff, and which module to use.

For the standard fight, it has to be the 1.5m dummy or we'll see 4 minute fights nearing and possibly going under 3 minutes, especially when the new gear comes out. Too short.

The armor debuff should be used so we can actually compare the class's DPS in a raid environment. They gave us the armor debuff. Why not use it?
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL 55s: 15 10/10 HM DREAD OPS
ETERNAL WARRIOR CONQUEROR OF THE DREAD FORTRESS
4/5 NiM DF 8M PVP BEST IN SLOT 5/5 NiM DF 16M

countpopeula
12.08.2013 , 10:46 AM | #772
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Then why do you two keep bickering back and forth on an irrelevant point? Everyone agrees that we should use the new health modules.

The only question is whether or not to use the armor debuff, and which module to use.

For the standard fight, it has to be the 1.5m dummy or we'll see 4 minute fights nearing and possibly going under 3 minutes, especially when the new gear comes out. Too short.

The armor debuff should be used so we can actually compare the class's DPS in a raid environment. They gave us the armor debuff. Why not use it?
You won't see 3 minutes that soon, you need well over 5k DPS for that. The 1 mil dummy would have relevance until the new NiM tier or the tier after that, then it'd be time to switch to the 1.5 mil version. As for my stance on AR, i don't think it's worth getting into. I don't care enough about that to defend and it's an opinion, I can't argue cold hard math for that.
Ranick
hmd MAGENTA

michaelsith
12.08.2013 , 11:57 AM | #773
Because nobody has even bothered saying it, why not just require the log to be a minimum of 5 minutes long as before, and just use the 1mil or 1.5mil depending on whichever lets you go over 5 minutes
hmd MAGENTA
Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Deposer of the Dread Masters World 4th
Mikey - Sorcerer Mike - Marauder
5/5 NiM DF 5/5 NiM DP 5/5 NiM TFB 7/7 NiM S&V

odawgg
12.08.2013 , 12:33 PM | #774
Nah all parses should be under the same conditions for comparison... That being TTK. After reading all this I still vote for 1.5mil dummy... Even though with this tier the 1mil is passable, for longevity and the the sake of not having this conversation again for a long time, 1.5mil

The boss fights that fight any sort of enrage timer are generally longer than 4-5mins

idnewton
12.08.2013 , 12:45 PM | #775
Quote: Originally Posted by countpopeula View Post
You won't see 3 minutes that soon, you need well over 5k DPS for that. The 1 mil dummy would have relevance until the new NiM tier or the tier after that, then it'd be time to switch to the 1.5 mil version. As for my stance on AR, i don't think it's worth getting into. I don't care enough about that to defend and it's an opinion, I can't argue cold hard math for that.
*Under four minutes (ie: 3:58)

My bad for that typo.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL 55s: 15 10/10 HM DREAD OPS
ETERNAL WARRIOR CONQUEROR OF THE DREAD FORTRESS
4/5 NiM DF 8M PVP BEST IN SLOT 5/5 NiM DF 16M

Shandellon
12.08.2013 , 01:01 PM | #776
Top dps are already killing 1mln dummy in less than 4:30, so using it is pointless. 1.5mln is only way to go
Cyntia - Sage Healer Hp - Gunsliger Dps
<Not Good Enough>/<FriendlyFire> @ ToFN

thejollygreenone
12.08.2013 , 07:54 PM | #777
Quote: Originally Posted by Shandellon View Post
Top dps are already killing 1mln dummy in less than 4:30, so using it is pointless. 1.5mln is only way to go
is there any particular reason we can't look at both 1m and 1.5m?
<Ebon Hawk>
Mikaeel - Shadow <Aisthesis>

cs_zoltan
12.08.2013 , 08:10 PM | #778
Quote: Originally Posted by Gondolindhrim View Post
But everyone is doing more than 3.3k. 5 minutes was a standard invented by the community as a bare minimum, I personally use the 1.5 mil dummy now and don't have a problem with parsing a little longer than 5 minutes (if anything it means less RNG, which is a good thing. Extremely lucky crit parses were never particularly indicative of a spec's actual performance anyway).
I wouldn't say that there are more. More people/spec/parse are closer to 3.3-3.4k than 4k. And even with 4k dps the 1million dummy is closer to the 5min mark than the 1,5million, which was the sweetspot for comparing dps.

Anyway 1,5mill is fine, but the low damage burst specs gona slack even more (looks at Concealment, AP, Deception, Rage, Arsenal)
The Red Eclipse <PC Gamer Mint Imperials>
Kja || Kejann || Snsa || Kyr Meirend || Myr || Kte || Jeanene || Maelin
The Ebon Hawk <Aisthesis>
Medin

odawgg
12.08.2013 , 08:19 PM | #779
Quote: Originally Posted by thejollygreenone View Post
is there any particular reason we can't look at both 1m and 1.5m?
Nope! Only limited by volunteers to keep track of both, someone will probably step up

Falver
12.08.2013 , 11:27 PM | #780
I'm back from out of town!

Anyways,
1m HP dummy
Armor debuff required, do NOT cut the beginning of the log, I want to see you use the debuff/health modules in the log before the fight starts. (After raiding, log out and log back into your character, you'll get a fresh log that isn't unnecessarily long.)
The Harbinger
Claimed - Thirteenth - Falver
<Phobos> is recruiting to fill in multiple raid groups. Apply at http://fearphobos.com/