Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gear status after 2.4

space_mechanic
10.02.2013 , 10:22 AM | #1
So, now everyоne can just buy 78 gear (rating 180) for ultimate comms.
New HM ops drop 78. TFB / S&V NiM drop 75.

What do we have in result...

All old ops are becoming obsolete fast, including NiM ones.
HM Flashpoints are needed just to skip everything skippable and get daily / weekly done (exactly the same situation we had in 1.7).

What's the reason to do that? Turn game into joke faceroll?
Force everyone to play new ops only? Kill endgame?

My suggestions:
1) Tune EV, KP, EC to 55 (guys I can't play them in 69 / 72, not saying about 78).
2) Don't introduce new tiers so often.
3) Don't sell best rated gear for comms (DG in 1.7 / KD in 2.3 was only obtainable via ops only).
The Red Eclipse

FridgeLM
10.02.2013 , 10:57 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by space_mechanic View Post
1) Tune EV, KP, EC to 55 (guys I can't play them in 69 / 72, not saying about 78).
3) Don't sell best rated gear for comms (DG in 1.7 / KD in 2.3 was only obtainable via ops only).
1) No, waste of dev time
2) "I want less content" lol no
3) I was literally in full kell dragon monday, and I'm not complaining about getting 78s for comms
<Death and Taxes>

izmirtheastarach
10.02.2013 , 11:01 AM | #3
The new HMs are not in any way more difficult then the last batch of NM modes. TFB & SV NM are not in any way obsolete. Sure, the new gear will help people get through them, but most of the fights are about coordination and mechanics. They aren't a gear check. You could clear them in 72s with the right group, and plenty of groups will fail to clear them with 78s.

As said here above, I don't want the devs working on any ops but the next round of NM. That's where the real challenge in the game is.

For your third suggestion, that is likely what they are going to do again, for the next round of NM ops. A unique tier of gear that only drops in those ops.
Ascension Apply Here
5/5 NiM TFB (8/16) & 7/7 NiM S&V (8/16)
Janssen - Gunslinger
And an endless army of Janssen clones.

tanktest
10.02.2013 , 11:04 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by space_mechanic View Post
So, now everyоne can just buy 78 gear (rating 180) for ultimate comms.
New HM ops drop 78. TFB / S&V NiM drop 75.

What do we have in result...

All old ops are becoming obsolete fast, including NiM ones.
HM Flashpoints are needed just to skip everything skippable and get daily / weekly done (exactly the same situation we had in 1.7).

What's the reason to do that? Turn game into joke faceroll?
Force everyone to play new ops only? Kill endgame?

My suggestions:

Don't forget we could buy 72 , so this is no diff if you think about it . but what they could have done to stop it was convert the coms down to lesser com if it really, bros to many . ..

And NIM was ment to be that way from the start not ment to for the avg players, and SM and HM is .. why we can buy some of that gear and some we have to do the raids for . all most all mmo do it this way .at least all the ones i have ever played . .

psandak
10.02.2013 , 11:17 AM | #5
EV and KP were viable "progression content" for a full 18 months. That's pretty good in the modern age of MMOs. And they are still viable, along with EC, for the fact that achievements and vehicle quests are linked to them. Sure, they will be faceroll, although no more than they have been for some time.

55HMFPs were already headed in the "skip everything possible" direction long before 2.4. 90% of the population were in them for the weekly back in June.

New tiers every six months is pretty much SOP in MMOs. That is the time frame when the vast majority of the player base has gotten as far as they can (in any version of any content) and are starting to get bored running the same content over and over.

That best rated gear is still out of reach for the majority of the player base. A player who only runs 55HMFPs will take two years to get all the ultimate comms necessary to get a full set of 78. Throw in those who only do SMOPs and you probably account for a significant majority of the population.