Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So...Draxus

mikebevo
10.02.2013 , 01:52 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
The guide is there to give you an idea of the basic mechanics and then you fine tune it to your guild/raid group composition. Despite the small changes Bioware placed from PTS to live, it served its purpose.
That it did and it is really appreciated by the majority of the community. Thank you, we didn't get a full clear of HM, due to time, but I have no doubt we would not have gotten to Corruptor Zero without your help..

Vallenar
10.02.2013 , 06:30 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ancaglon View Post
I agree entirely with the OP. The difficulty of this encounter, at least on 16-man story, is WAY out of line with the rest of the instance. It's now fair to expect everyone that joins a Group Finder Story mode operation to be in full 66s (because you get that just by completing the Oricon storyline) but such a group is just going to get annihilated here.
My guild went in there 16 man Story Mode as well and got this guy on our second attempt. We never even saw this fight on the PTS. All it takes is a bit of situation awareness by the players and a general knowledge of what each add does and it's perfectly doable.

If there are bugs in the fight we didn't see them last night. In our raid group we had a range of players from newer raiders to those who attempted NiM TFB. The consensus after our raid was this was a hectic but very fun fight. If dmg has to be tuned up and down that's fine, but I would encourage Bioware to keep exactly the same mechanics. It's a really great fight and with a little awareness of what adds spawn during each wave it's a great fight.
Trantor - Mercenary - Jedi Covenant
Guild/Raid Leader of Templars
Templars Is Recruiting

Sylin
10.02.2013 , 10:20 PM | #23
We did an 8m SM tonight and couldn't get past wave 5. We split into two groups (T, D, D, H each) and on wave 5 with the bulwarks and dispatchers, but we keep losing healers. For some reason they'd just suddenly start taking massive damage (I assume reflective, despite healers not DPS'ing and everyone standing within the shield).

Group 1 stacked on West, and Group 2 stacked on East. Everyone was within their respective bulwark shield. We tried killing the bulwarks first. As soon as 1 bulwark would die, we'd suddenly take massive damage spikes. So we tried killing the dispatchers first, and the same thing would happen--we'd get big damage spikes. One of our tanks died to his own AOE attack, despite being stacked up on the bulwark.

We couldn't even get the East and West groups killed to go handle South. Meanwhile, OT was keeping boss busy so he wouldn't hit either group with a cone attack.

I'm just not sure what we're doing wrong. Saw the Dulfy guide but it seems to imply all you need to do on those waves is stack within the bulwark shield and pew pew.

Thoughts?

Askesis
10.02.2013 , 10:48 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Sylin View Post
We did an 8m SM tonight and couldn't get past wave 5. We split into two groups (T, D, D, H each) and on wave 5 with the bulwarks and dispatchers, but we keep losing healers. For some reason they'd just suddenly start taking massive damage (I assume reflective, despite healers not DPS'ing and everyone standing within the shield).

Group 1 stacked on West, and Group 2 stacked on East. Everyone was within their respective bulwark shield. We tried killing the bulwarks first. As soon as 1 bulwark would die, we'd suddenly take massive damage spikes. So we tried killing the dispatchers first, and the same thing would happen--we'd get big damage spikes. One of our tanks died to his own AOE attack, despite being stacked up on the bulwark.

We couldn't even get the East and West groups killed to go handle South. Meanwhile, OT was keeping boss busy so he wouldn't hit either group with a cone attack.

I'm just not sure what we're doing wrong. Saw the Dulfy guide but it seems to imply all you need to do on those waves is stack within the bulwark shield and pew pew.

Thoughts?
On Wave 5, you need to handle south first. There's two Corruptors there that NEED to be interrupted. Your healers have to just heal through the damage from the Dispatchers until the the Corruptors are taken care of.

Sylin
10.02.2013 , 10:54 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Askesis View Post
On Wave 5, you need to handle south first. There's two Corruptors there that NEED to be interrupted. Your healers have to just heal through the damage from the Dispatchers until the the Corruptors are taken care of.
Ah, OK. Thanks. We thought they were dispatchers. Lesson learned!

ZooMzy
10.02.2013 , 11:58 PM | #26
This fight has to be a little too difficult for a SM.

I have noticed though that a lot of people arguing in favor of the ops boss being fine have also been clearing the 16 man version of the encounter. Which, of course, is going to be MUCH easier on the actual key points in the operations considering you have a lot more people getting the capability to interrupt the different attacks that require much better coordination for 8 man.

So in all reality, I don't mind the challenge and I don't mind the fight being difficult. But at the same time, you have to look past your own capability and ask:

Could you do that in unaugmented 66 grade gear? Because I think this fight is way too difficult for a group of players to clear this with an average skill level and in 66 grade base gear. Recommendations for gear are based around the average player, and if you want to do that op in unaugmented 66s, you probably have to be exceptionally skilled. Which isn't the majority.

WarsTrek
10.03.2013 , 04:24 AM | #27
SM does seem to be bugged. We ran through this on 8M SM the other night and had major problems with Druxus. Not Druxus himself, but his Guardian spawns. They seemed to randomly throw out an "Affliction" debuff that ticked for 6k a second and couldn't be cleansed. We looked through at a dulfy posting and a forum parse and found that on HM, the same debuff was ticking 3k a second. Clearly something is not right about that.

Rolzhard
10.03.2013 , 06:18 AM | #28
I have to lol at the pseudo "leetists" with their spasmodic put downs at everyone else's expense at what is obviously just bad tuning of Story Mode! Any opportunity to preen! Hilarious. There's always one or two. Its just Story mode for Pete's sake.

Like we shouldn't be drawing BW's attention to an out of whack mechanic >.<
Look into my eyes.

goeblu
10.03.2013 , 06:25 AM | #29
Has anyone else encountered a bug with Draxus where resets back to the start mid-fight? It was 16-man HM and things were going smoothly, next thing we know he is back to full heath and the first wave of adds spawn again. The sad thing is it happened on two consecutive pulls.
The Shadowlands:
Goeblu 60 Commando dps
Nasty'gunz 60 Merc dps

Who needs to balance classes/content when you got Cartel market?

Askesis
10.03.2013 , 06:29 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by goeblu View Post
Has anyone else encountered a bug with Draxus where resets back to the start mid-fight? It was 16-man HM and things were going smoothly, next thing we know he is back to full heath and the first wave of adds spawn again. The sad thing is it happened on two consecutive pulls.
I had actually forgotten about this. Yes, this did happen on one of our early pulls.