Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guardian of the Fortress - Affliction?

alxmdsn
10.02.2013 , 12:56 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurlann View Post
The debuff in question is not Mass Affliction. During the guardians phase an uncleansable "Affliction" goes out that hits players for 5K per second and has no source that is immediately evident. For SM it seems a bit excessive and not on the same level of difficulty of the rest of the operation. On the Dulfy HM video it seemed to be ticking for 4K per 2 seconds. That video was in the PTR, but it may be that this HM mechanic slipped into SM by accident.

edit: just saw another post with logs that showed it ticking for 5-6K per 2 seconds. methinks its broken.

After a couple wipes on this i decided to try and hover over the debuff to see what it was. It is in fact an Affliction debuff, same icon and everything. I was healing this fight and me and the other healer could not cleanse it at all, both of us are sorc heals. We also tried having someone with a tech cleanse give it a try, also to no avail. We were getting all the interrupts on the guardians so my guess is you can either interrupt them and deal with the debuff or just deal with the aoe thing and not interrupt. Last night our other healer got hit with 2 uncleansable afflictions and a corrosive grenade dying almost instantly. With two force healers we couldn't even cleanse him of the grenade. The only way at this point to remove the uncleansable affliction debuff is with force barrier. So only sorcs can cleanse it and its once every three minutes, which is worthless because the guardians are in add waves 7&9. Now if we could just get a response from Bioware, is this a bug, a mechanic, *** is going on?

Another crappy experience we had last night is after clearing Dread Fortress in SM only the right column of our raid frames got credit for completing the op. The others got weekly, achievements, but the actual quest [OPS] didn't advance for half the group. Now we are stuck yelling at Bioware to fix it so we can raid Dread Palace on saturday..
<Gone Sithing>
"My pets are legion, BEHOLD!"
http://www.twitch.tv/alxmdsn

paowee
10.02.2013 , 01:36 PM | #22
delete
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Kurlann
10.02.2013 , 01:49 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
Your non healer classes/DPS should help cleanse the buffs if you are having trouble. Snipers should first use their evasion/dodge to cleanse the first tick they get. Mercs should cleanse themselves.
The debuff being discussed cannot be cleansed.

Herringaid
10.02.2013 , 02:01 PM | #24
If it's not mass affliction and it's not the poison tech debuff then I don't know. We wiped multiple times on our 16man SM because we were learning the fights but aside from those 2 major debuffs, I never saw anything else.

Maybe it's an 8man thing.

In that case suck it up Francis and heal through it.

paowee
10.02.2013 , 02:02 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurlann View Post
The debuff being discussed cannot be cleansed.
Oh my bad i was thinking of "Affliction" (nanites) from Brontes T_T
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

mikebevo
10.02.2013 , 02:13 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Herringaid View Post
Oh let me add that there may be a HM strat I don't know about. I thought this gripe was over the SM version. Dulfy has the HM details.
Oh I wasn't griping, I loved every min of it, well except for the purge me yells over mumble, but as far as damage and challenge, it was great.

NoFishing
10.02.2013 , 05:08 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Herringaid View Post
If it's not mass affliction and it's not the poison tech debuff then I don't know. We wiped multiple times on our 16man SM because we were learning the fights but aside from those 2 major debuffs, I never saw anything else.

Maybe it's an 8man thing.

In that case suck it up Francis and heal through it.
Duh, what do you think people are doing currently? But the dot ticks for 6k, goes out to at least 2 people, and in fact one person can get both DoTs. That's at least 12k per tick. That is not a healable amount of damage in 8-man over any significant period of time, especially considering at the same time the tanks are being beat on by the guardians and the boss.

We cleared it twice yesterday, and both times the adds killed us after we killed the boss.

Falver
10.02.2013 , 05:37 PM | #28
Our sage has been cleansing it fine. o-o
The Harbinger
Claimed - Thirteenth - Falver
<Phobos> is recruiting to fill in multiple raid groups. Apply at http://fearphobos.com/

Askesis
10.02.2013 , 05:47 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Falver View Post
Our sage has been cleansing it fine. o-o
You are confused as to which debuff we are talking about. It's not able to be cleansed. There ARE dots during that fight that can be cleansed, but those aren't the ones we are referring to.

Herringaid
10.02.2013 , 09:13 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by NoFishing View Post
Duh, what do you think people are doing currently? But the dot ticks for 6k, goes out to at least 2 people, and in fact one person can get both DoTs. That's at least 12k per tick. That is not a healable amount of damage in 8-man over any significant period of time, especially considering at the same time the tanks are being beat on by the guardians and the boss.

We cleared it twice yesterday, and both times the adds killed us after we killed the boss.
Please accept my apology Mr. NoFishing.