Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guardian of the Fortress - Affliction?

Herringaid
10.02.2013 , 09:46 AM | #11
It's poison and is tech. Mercs can cleanse it and it's important to stay on top of. Healers can and should increase the debuff scale in their interface editor.

Additionally a challenging fight does not mean it's too hard for SM. It just takes patience, coordination and persistence.

We ran 16man with 12-13 folks. Some minmaxed in 72s and others in 66s.

TLDR; QQ

Lathaliel
10.02.2013 , 10:06 AM | #12
We had a successfull kill here, but it did take several wipes, adjusting tactics and practise before a successfull kill. From this video from yesterday you can see that there's plenty enough of dots at the last wave before boss comes for the kill. We weren't able to cleanse all of them, could've been because of a bug or a missing class in the raid etc. For sure our healers weren't able to do the cleansing of one of the dots.

Gate Commander Draxus kill

Ancaglon
10.02.2013 , 10:18 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Herringaid View Post
Additionally a challenging fight does not mean it's too hard for SM. It just takes patience, coordination and persistence.

We ran 16man with 12-13 folks. Some minmaxed in 72s and others in 66s.

TLDR; QQ
Kindly keep your patronising comments to yourself; we're clearing S&V and TFB HM every week.

Making a STORY MODE operation that the target audience can't actually finish defeats the point of it being story mode -- especially since it's in Group Finder along with the older Operations.

Herringaid
10.02.2013 , 10:27 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Ancaglon View Post
Kindly keep your patronising comments to yourself -- we're clearing S&V and TFB HM every week, but making a STORY MODE operation that the target audience can't actually finish defeats the point of it being story mode -- especially since it's in Group Finder along with the older Operations.
You want the rewards handed to you on a platter? Every new Op will be a challenge day 1. For this fight you have to pay attention to debuffs and read. Oh noes! You need to hand out assignments and interrupt things. Oh noes!

I am the target audience and I have no issues with the challenge.

Let me guess, when EC first came out you had issues with it being too complex.

TLDR; QQ

DarthSpekulatius
10.02.2013 , 10:36 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Ancaglon View Post
Kindly keep your patronising comments to yourself -- we're clearing S&V and TFB HM every week, but making a STORY MODE operation that the target audience can't actually finish defeats the point of it being story mode -- especially since it's in Group Finder along with the older Operations.
wasn't in the finder last time i checked, I'll have to see if I can't get a spot as Heal.
as tank I didn't find it all that hard but the coordination has to work and I'm pretty sure we are missing something because our Healers are really troubled. and if it is indeed the intended challenge level then the other part of the inni have to be corrected upward by a large margin.

mikebevo
10.02.2013 , 10:58 AM | #16
It's poison and is tech. Mercs can cleanse it and it's important to stay on top of. Healers can and should increase the debuff scale in their interface editor.
Yeah right....DoT from boss which can hit 1 to 4 people depending on their placement is cleanse-able and it is tech, dodge will also get rid of it, so even slingers and scoundrels can cleanse themselves. The other one that looks like affliction was not clease-able in HM last night. Neither dodge, nor Triage would remove it. The sage's purge did not work on it either. Best we could do was bubble, hit defensive cooldowns and heal through it. It worked, one death, the sawbones died after the boss was toast (me). Not sure if it not being able to purge it is a bug or not, but I was trying to cleanse it every time dodge or Triage came off cooldown.

Herringaid
10.02.2013 , 11:07 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
Yeah right....DoT from boss which can hit 1 to 4 people depending on their placement is cleanse-able and it is tech, dodge will also get rid of it, so even slingers and scoundrels can cleanse themselves. The other one that looks like affliction was not clease-able in HM last night. Neither dodge, nor Triage would remove it. The sage's purge did not work on it either. Best we could do was bubble, hit defensive cooldowns and heal through it. It worked, one death, the sawbones died after the boss was toast (me). Not sure if it not being able to purge it is a bug or not, but I was trying to cleanse it every time dodge or Triage came off cooldown.
Interrupt the corrupters so you don't get hit with mass affliction. That would be the preferred strat.

Oh let me add that there may be a HM strat I don't know about. I thought this gripe was over the SM version. Dulfy has the HM details.

mikebevo
10.02.2013 , 11:10 AM | #18
Interrupt the corrupters so you don't get hit with mass affliction. That would be the preferred strat.
Little busy actually healing and interrupt is not on that short a timer. Next thing someone will tell me I need to heal, purge, interupt, dps and do the windows. Joking I know that, but was a little fustrated last night with everyone yelling purge me!

Kurlann
10.02.2013 , 11:38 AM | #19
The debuff in question is not Mass Affliction. During the guardians phase an uncleansable "Affliction" goes out that hits players for 5K per second and has no source that is immediately evident. For SM it seems a bit excessive and not on the same level of difficulty of the rest of the operation. On the Dulfy HM video it seemed to be ticking for 4K per 2 seconds. That video was in the PTR, but it may be that this HM mechanic slipped into SM by accident.

edit: just saw another post with logs that showed it ticking for 5-6K per 2 seconds. methinks its broken.

bsbrad
10.02.2013 , 12:17 PM | #20
I also noticed the debuff on a couple of our pulls last night. It does not appear to be mass affliction and is also not cleansable. The only tactic that appeared to work was for the group to spread out as much as possible and split into a L and R side group to handle the adds on the left and right.

By spreading out we had less people affected by this weird debuff, and know it wasn't the grenade neither as that could be cleansed.

I do believe this fight is slightly over-tuned for SM and is more akin to a HM fight.
N'abi
British dad
The answer is easy the question is not....oh who am I kidding!!!.