Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Archaeology] More Mining Nodes Please

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Archaeology] More Mining Nodes Please

Deivido
09.25.2013 , 06:47 AM | #1
Most other gathering skills have other means to get resources except Archaeology. Our last tier resources are just about non existent with Makeb having barely any nodes. I propose either bump up the amount of nodes or give us another resource to farm.

Never_Hesitate
09.25.2013 , 06:53 AM | #2
Yes, I want to be able to steal the crystals from mobs with weapons

But in all seriousness I think as well something has to be done.
waiting for ...

Sharee
09.25.2013 , 06:56 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Deivido View Post
Most other gathering skills have other means to get resources except Archaeology. Our last tier resources are just about non existent with Makeb having barely any nodes. I propose either bump up the amount of nodes or give us another resource to farm.
I agree, archaeology suffers double: not only are the nodes sole source of crystals(there is no harvesting from mobs), but even those nodes are split between normal crystal and color crystal variety(any given node can spawn either as color crystal or normal one) which halves the amount of crystals available.

himhatersme
09.25.2013 , 08:18 AM | #4
Agreed.

psandak
09.25.2013 , 10:14 AM | #5
While I agree that archeology nodes are sparse, if you depend on gathering materials from nodes you are doing it wrong regardless of what gathering skill you are engaged in (Arch, Scav, BA, and even slicing). It is far more efficient to send companions on missions.

Even a new player leveling a single character has to do missions so the character does not lag behind when nodes show up during the course of leveling...that is unless they are willing to spend time farming in underlevel areas in order to "catch up."

My point is that the lack of nodes should not be as big a problem as you make it out to be.

Deivido
09.25.2013 , 04:05 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
While I agree that archeology nodes are sparse, if you depend on gathering materials from nodes you are doing it wrong regardless of what gathering skill you are engaged in (Arch, Scav, BA, and even slicing). It is far more efficient to send companions on missions.

Even a new player leveling a single character has to do missions so the character does not lag behind when nodes show up during the course of leveling...that is unless they are willing to spend time farming in underlevel areas in order to "catch up."

My point is that the lack of nodes should not be as big a problem as you make it out to be.
All I am asking for is for archaeology to somehow be on par with other gathering skills.

psandak
09.25.2013 , 05:28 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Deivido View Post
All I am asking for is for archaeology to somehow be on par with other gathering skills.
And my point is that if you were doing "gathering" right (through missions) you would not care about the imbalance of nodes.

ltownatrain
09.26.2013 , 02:10 PM | #8

I have to agree here. Typically, what I do when I am out node hunting is send my best companions out on missions as well. The nice thing about this method is I can build stacks of mats very quickly and since I am usually doing dailies or killing mobs I am also making enough credits to cover the cost of the missions. I have scavenging on other toons and it is not as prevalent as one might think even on Makeb. The nodes are still fairly sparse and as far as getting the mats from mobs only certain adds in mobs even can be used as a node (even then they only yield like 1 or 2 of the mat) which isn't really that efficient at all unless you are running the missions while farming the nodes as well.

MeNaCe-NZ
09.26.2013 , 06:42 PM | #9
My biggest gripe here is the grade 6 colour crystals - especially blue polychromic. There is ONE mission for colour crystals and that is only abundant yet so many good top end artifce recipes I want ( colour crystals, dye modules too maybe? ) use this colour crystal. Not sure why blue is so much harder than red or green but it's certainly not RNG worknig correctly as I get blue much rarer than any other crystal and so does everyone else I assume based on the GTN prices of green/red ( green very common, red semi common, blue more rare ).

Whilst I don't give a damn about more nodes as I can't be assed going out farmign them anyway I would like more random chances of better colour crystal missions for grade 6 ( e.g. mix it up like other missions with rich/bountiful variants ) instead of ONE abundant mission only and also how about mroe balance in the RNG for the colour crystals? I note grade 7 got tons of extra random chance colour crystal missions yet they can only be effectely used on ONE dye module in the whole game iirc?! Makes you wonder who comes up with these concepts and ... why ... ?

Deivido
09.27.2013 , 08:33 AM | #10
And my point is that if you were doing "gathering" right (through missions) you would not care about the imbalance of nodes.
Believe me I am doing plenty of missions and I still care seeing as though most of the missions I get popping up are color crystals which I have in abundance.