Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

MM system - thoughts to improve

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
MM system - thoughts to improve

chaosmadness
09.20.2013 , 04:59 AM | #1
What are ur opinions about MM system ? In my opinion, its poor and should be improved in some aspects like:

Should MM system make groups with similar gear ?
That could be better than bolster system.

Should pvp queue window have class check ?
That would balance the fight and avoid that one of the teams play without healers against a team with 3 healers.
A team with healers have more chances to win. Many players ask before the macth start who are the healers and if the team dont have they leave. This happens a lot and makes the team start the match with less ppl..

Leavers should have some punishement ?
That its a must, some teams start the match and play several seconds with only 6 players or less because some players leaved before match started.

edit: soz for my basic language, but im not english.

Banderal
09.20.2013 , 05:51 AM | #2
I don't think there currently is an MM system. Doesn't it just grab the 8 people at the top of the queue?

But yeah, I wish BW had an effective matchmaking system just so I'd get actual competitive games more often.

I don't really label the people that leave at the beginning as "quitters". It's a bit irksome when they leave with 3 seconds left before it starts, since you are guaranteed to not get a backfill in time. But since BW doesn't let us choose which WZs we want, I totally understand why people might leave if they come into one they don't like. Or, since "ignore" doesn't work for WZ, they might leave if they see they are teamed up with someone they don't want to play with.

The people that leave when it's become on obvious loss, and the team has given up... well, OK, I understand that.

The only one's I'd advocate a "quitter penalty" for are the ones (and they are out there) that leave if there is any early mistake, and label it as "well obviously this team is really bad". I've seen plenty of posts on these boards about "I leave in VS if the other team gets a plant in the first 15 seconds" for example. Jeesh - mistakes happen. And I've seen a LOT of times where the defending team in that situation pulls together after that early mistake and comes out with a win. Sure, lots of losses too... but it's not like it's inevitable. But, as far as actually implementing a quitter penalty - I don't see how you could separate out that quitter (that I don't like) from the ones that quit for other reasons - so overall I don't like the quitter penalty idea.

What I would like is a "quitter" label - something like "if someone quits out of 3 WZs in a row, then they get a floating text over their heads saying 'deserter' that lasts through the next 3 WZs" or whatever. Just something to call them out to the community. Although, there's plenty of the community that have no trouble with quitting, so I'm sure some people would wear it like a badge of honor.
Imagynary - Fractional - Rhandom - Lottoe (Pub)
Eerational (Imp)

POT5

chaosmadness
09.20.2013 , 09:34 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Banderal View Post
I don't think there currently is an MM system. Doesn't it just grab the 8 people at the top of the queue?
But that its the problem, grabbing the first 8 players and bolster system dont resolve the problems between factions and the unbalance existing in the matches. The game uses a basic system but could be better.

In my server exist a huge unbalance between sides because the lack of healers in the Imp side. Rep teams have always 2-3 healers, and Imp teams 0 healers, its weird but its true, seems BW favors Rep side, dont know.
Its frustating and this happens everyday.

So, why not a MM system that group the same kind of roles between the 2 teams ?

AlrikFassbauer
09.20.2013 , 10:04 AM | #4
What's an "MM system" ? I only know HOMM & MM.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

ErikGW
09.20.2013 , 02:08 PM | #5
In any MMO, losers will find ways to exploit, break, or circumvent any system set to make balance.

There are people who whine about class imbalance constantly, but they are perfectly fine when they have a team of misbalanced classes rolling a bunch of lesser players.

The issue is the players more than the game. You can fix every system and those few will find another way to work it because their priority is to always win.

Try playing a pvp game where you can get zerged 20v1 constantly and you will have a new perspective.

Swtor pvp is actually pretty nice compared to other games.
Jung ma: Nyshka, Nyshkal, Nyshkai, Nyshkar, Nyskali, Nyshkan, Nyshkae of Gold Nugget Gang
There are other names i can't exactly remember. True altaholic.

stupidsyrup
09.20.2013 , 05:31 PM | #6
I came here thinking this was about Marksmans. I was about to be like "how bad are you?" Carry on
The Indomitable STUPIDSYRUP
<Albino Brothers>
Battlemaster Jeffray
War Hero Alexowens

Monterone
09.20.2013 , 06:08 PM | #7
There is no matchmaking system currently, it just grabs the first people that queue up... however we've been asking for one for a long time and it will be implemented for 4x4 Arenas. Warzones will most likely stay amateur hour.
Sominette . Saminette
Pot5 > Harbinger

AlrikFassbauer
09.21.2013 , 12:25 PM | #8
Ah, soi MM means MatchMaking ?

(And you still don't know what "my" MM means, I bet.)
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)