Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best Class Story

PaddyBowyer
09.17.2013 , 10:27 PM | #1
I am currently thinking about rolling an alt. What class has the most interesting storyline. I have only played though the jugg story so far. The Bh does look appealing to me.

AlrikFassbauer
09.18.2013 , 06:15 AM | #2
Most people say that the Agent's story is the best one.
"Pre-2.0 PvP was all about your items. [...]
The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap." AlexModny

ImmortalLowlife
09.18.2013 , 06:27 AM | #3
The agent & the smuggler are my favs. Without spoiling either, The agent is 007 solving a mystery & my smuggler the "wisecracking, flirts with every female he meets, wildly popular scoundrel" Has had me LMAO thru his entire story.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

Server: The Shadowlands/ Guild~IT'S NOT A TRAP!~

PaddyBowyer
09.18.2013 , 08:00 AM | #4
Ok thanks guys. I've also noticed that the sniper and the Gs from those two classes are not the most popular. So I think I will give those characters a shot.

dipstik
09.18.2013 , 03:12 PM | #5
agent story has a lot of twists, whch is nice. female smug was my favorite character/actor. inquisitor is pretty cool, but has a bit of a lul for a bit. but an ending that begs for chapter 4. knight has best ending imo. a lot of people like the warrior one a bunch, but the character development for me was lackluster, but has some twists like the agent. bounty hunter, trooper and consular are the least noteworthy in my opinion, but all have some great class missions.

Endtropic
09.27.2013 , 09:44 PM | #6
IA, hands down. JK and SW tie for second. The rest, meh. Trooper and Consular are outright awful.

IA is so good that you'll want to play it twice, back to back. You'll get through the end of Chapter One, think "Holy crap, that's some good video game C&C," and be too curious to see how the different story branches differ to ever roll another class :P

Fun, too, is taking the JK and SW and playing the reverse of the expected role (Honorable LS Sith Warrior / Renegade DS Jedi Knight).

Lecaja
10.03.2013 , 05:42 PM | #7
I've noticed that the Empire side has much better stories. My theory on that is that since the dark side of any Star Wars game is usually noncannon the writers have a lot more freedom in story telling. That said the Empire storylines are just as gripping if not more so if you are playing from a light side. And all this is my take which is limited to Jedi Knight, Sith Warrior and Smuggler. I am working my way through all classes but it's going to take a while.

quirez
10.04.2013 , 03:16 AM | #8
Agent's story is hands down best. Period.
Thats the reason i still didnt end smugglers story - i needed to try various ways for Agent story on my operative and sniper. Only con i find is that the companions aren't as great as the story itself - maybe besides SCORPIO. She is fking awesome!

I liked the Inquisitor story alot also, becouse it works both as DS and LS - i mean DS if you want a douche, sarcastic sadist - its fun . And LS/grey if you are more into roleplaying.

Personally i didnt like JK story - the amount of epicness tied to this one makes it downright silly and stupid in my opinion. And Consular is just plain bad and boring.

Bounty Hunters is good, with fantastic chapter 2 especially worth mentioning. Rest is just average with a few great quests (who wouldnt enjoy punching in the face that stupid aristocrat on aldeeran?). Also BH has some great companions - Mako, Gault and Blizz are awesome

Still havent tried Sith Warrior, and Trooper.
Vairne - 55 Commando Healer
Temple Watch

The Progenitor

AlrikFassbauer
10.04.2013 , 07:14 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Lecaja View Post
I've noticed that the Empire side has much better stories. My theory on that is that since the dark side of any Star Wars game is usually noncannon the writers have a lot more freedom in story telling. That said the Empire storylines are just as gripping if not more so if you are playing from a light side. And all this is my take which is limited to Jedi Knight, Sith Warrior and Smuggler. I am working my way through all classes but it's going to take a while.
Sounds reasonable.
"Pre-2.0 PvP was all about your items. [...]
The gear gap was too big and some players became non-contributors quickly because of the gear gap." AlexModny

Gamman
10.05.2013 , 01:40 AM | #10
I guess it depends on what you are looking for in a story and what constitutes what's best for you. I've played them all, and here's a few that I find memorable.

If you're looking for the best and most Star Wars-ey, hero's journey, epic-chosen-one story, where you affect the galactic conflict the most, and you want to sort of continue the KOTOR story, then hands down it's the Jedi Knight.

If you're looking for the best original story with a big twist and is probably the most unique of any of the class stories, then it's the Imperial Agent you want.

If you're looking for the best comedic adventure out of the classes, then the Smuggler story is it.

If you're looking for the best renegade, bad ***, scary, tough guy story then playing as a dark side Sith Warrior is the one. (But, you already have a Juggernaut)
Force Watch |Force Supremacy - The Ebon Hawk Server
Gamman Levenforth - Jedi Guardian
Miko - Scoundrel | Fronnia - Sage | Roanna - Commando
Neverus - Juggernaut | Zexana - Sorcerer | Kalmer - Sniper | Guuno - Powertech