Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Here's what's wrong with PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Here's what's wrong with PvP

anwg
09.18.2013 , 07:15 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by snaplemouton View Post
Hence why they should be punished for doing so. As of now, they are barely punished for it since CCs can stack without DR, their CDs are retarded low for how only CC breaker can remove them (and barrier) and for how many CCs there is in the game, most CCs does additional effects on top of their hard stun/mez, making them less of a waste when used on white bars.

No roots are broken on damage immediately after being applied, all roots last at least 2 seconds unless broken by a special ability. Cleanse doesn't cleanse all roots. Only 3 AC have cleanse and they don't remove all type of debuffs. Sages/sorcs cannot cleanse a slinger/sniper roots, mando/merc and scoundrel/op cannot cleanse a force leap root.
Roots can be stack and used without care as there is no DR to punish it's usage, a player can be rooted for an overly extended period of time to a point where you might as well just go AFK and get yourself a coffee while waiting for the roots spam to be over.

Thank for confirming that using a stun on a white barred opponent is a bad play. I already knew that thought.
Your comprehension skills are so terrible it almost makes stunning a white bar target looks good.
My post was about how bad plays arn't punished enough if you didn't notice.
Bad play like what you've described are already punished, go look up the definition of opportunity cost.

JediMasterSLC
09.18.2013 , 07:21 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post
Dont forget the premades that ruin ALL pvp WZs

Theres so few playing the game now that you Always run into premades in WZs.

Equal and fun WZs are so rare since so few plays this shttty game anymore.
Awwww, you must be lost. Don't worry, I'm sure one of us can help you find the premade QQ thread- shouldn't be too hard.

anwg
09.18.2013 , 07:21 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by General_Aldo View Post
I completely agree with no.1

I hate how bad players spam cc, and swtor doesn't have any diminishing returns for it.

In SWTOR, you can spam cc and not suffer ANY repercussions. Only the occasional full resolve that lasts 10 secs
OK, so 2 warriors use the aoe mez at the exact same time: 6 seconds of CC, as opposed to one waits until the first mez worn off then use his that would result in 12 seconds of CC overall. Yeah, no repercussion at all.

Raansu
09.18.2013 , 08:27 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr View Post
like mercenaries
Merc healing needs some love, but aside from that they are fine...They have hydraulic override now which makes a pretty big difference. They don't need some kind of leap immunity.

Hazaz
09.18.2013 , 09:56 AM | #25
Some good points here, but mostly related to class balance. I'm still trying to fathom the complete lack of any incentive for open-world pvp. Boggles my mind that killing an enemy player on a pvp server has no reward whatsoever, even in areas like the Outlaw's Den.
Friends don't let friends drink and forum post!

DeviantArt
HazazartSWTOR

UncelSam
09.18.2013 , 11:30 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Hazaz View Post
Some good points here, but mostly related to class balance. I'm still trying to fathom the complete lack of any incentive for open-world pvp. Boggles my mind that killing an enemy player on a pvp server has no reward whatsoever, even in areas like the Outlaw's Den.
Its just not class that needs balance. Its the whole pvp zone that needs to be balanced by removing the premade/PUG combined WZs.

Hazaz
09.18.2013 , 12:03 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post
Its just not class that needs balance. Its the whole pvp zone that needs to be balanced by removing the premade/PUG combined WZs.
/agreed Nicely simplified.
Friends don't let friends drink and forum post!

DeviantArt
HazazartSWTOR

snaplemouton
09.18.2013 , 02:27 PM | #28
People need to learn how to read. I never said you don't get punished for bad plays. I CLEARLY said you don't get punished enough for bad plays.
Quote: Originally Posted by anwg View Post
OK, so 2 warriors use the aoe mez at the exact same time: 6 seconds of CC, as opposed to one waits until the first mez worn off then use his that would result in 12 seconds of CC overall. Yeah, no repercussion at all.
Then let's say a warrior use his mez first. At 3 seconds into the 6 seconds mez, the other use his. That's an additional 3 seconds mez because there is NO DIMINISHING RETURNS IN THIS GAME. You should be punished for being stupid and not trying to mez at the end of the mez duration. With DR of let's say minus 50% duration on second mez. You would of been mezed for 6 seconds rather then 9 seconds and the second mez would of been wasted for nothing and it would have been a full 9 seconds if the player was competent. That's 50% longer CC then a bad play (9s for 6s) compared to only 33% more (12s for 9s). And with how CC hell this game is right now, DR would only make the game far less frustrating and annoying by reducing the amount of time you can stay CCed.

Quote: Originally Posted by unicornfive View Post
Im still w8ing for an answer. Which is that talent exactly that gives +10% dmg specificaly for a VIGILANCE guardian? Cause i dont Actually think you are proposing to nerf an ability because some end game pvp gear gives it a set bonus??? And thats for BOTH sent and guardians, NOT for vigilance guardians. Vigilance guardians are the last class that needs nerf in dmg.
Well obviously the set talent works for everyone. Did you ever learn how to read? I said vigilance because they gain a 4 seconds immunity. Added to the 5 things leap does and the set bonus.

Quote: Originally Posted by unicornfive View Post
And no, leap isnt an ability that does too much. On every mmo that has leap (charge) it does the same exactly things, builds main resource, deals low dmg and stuns target or root it, so when animation finish, you wont be 10 meters behind your enemt again...BW's resolve didnt work very well with stun on leap when they made that change, and they made it again root+interrupt. If you want an ability that does too much, that is Tracer Missile...
It is ranged, it deals high damage (more than leap...) , it reduces the dmg you take, it reduces target's armor,
it increases dmg of rail shot, it reduces cast time of healing scan, it has a chance to finish the cd of unload, it increases the dmg of unload. It increases the dmg of heetseaker missiles. Woahh there BW!!! Thats NINE (9) things that 1 ability does!! Nerf !! Nerf!!!
In others games, charges doesn't do thoses 5 things together. Charges in other game usually don't do damage and when they do they do not build up a character ressource. I never said Tracer missile doesn't do too much thing. Gunnery/Arsenal is a very boring gameplay all revolving into grav round/tracer missile and you get shut down as soon as someone use their interrupt. And tracer missile mostly boost damage all together rather then doing multiple utilities. It grant damage reduction, allow for healing scan to be casted faster up to instant, does damage and increase damage done spread around multiple abilities. That's 4 things, not 9. Leap does 5 different things without the need to be spec into anything.
O o IMA FIRIN' MAH HAMMER SHOT!
//
| ███████ +153 +356 +153
\_\ Quebec Legacy - Aftermath

anwg
09.18.2013 , 03:01 PM | #29
People need to learn how to read. I never said you don't get punished for bad plays. I CLEARLY said you don't get punished enough for bad plays.
In your original post:
Quote:
This game carries terrible players by the hand and leave the most common errors unpunished
Maybe you should learn to remember what you wrote.

Quote:
Then let's say a warrior use his mez first. At 3 seconds into the 6 seconds mez, the other use his. That's an additional 3 seconds mez because there is NO DIMINISHING RETURNS IN THIS GAME. You should be punished for being stupid and not trying to mez at the end of the mez duration. With DR of let's say minus 50% duration on second mez. You would of been mezed for 6 seconds rather then 9 seconds and the second mez would of been wasted for nothing and it would have been a full 9 seconds if the player was competent. That's 50% longer CC then a bad play (9s for 6s) compared to only 33% more (12s for 9s). And with how CC hell this game is right now, DR would only make the game far less frustrating and annoying by reducing the amount of time you can stay CCed.
There's no point in diminished return in this game since CCs have cooldown.

unicornfive
09.18.2013 , 04:42 PM | #30
In others games, charges doesn't do thoses 5 things together. Charges in other game usually don't do damage and when they do they do not build up a character ressource. I never said Tracer missile doesn't do too much thing. Gunnery/Arsenal is a very boring gameplay all revolving into grav round/tracer missile and you get shut down as soon as someone use their interrupt. And tracer missile mostly boost damage all together rather then doing multiple utilities. It grant damage reduction, allow for healing scan to be casted faster up to instant, does damage and increase damage done spread around multiple abilities. That's 4 things, not 9. Leap does 5 different things without the need to be spec into anything.
Charge
8 - 25 yd range
Instant 20 sec cooldown
Requires Warrior
Requires level 3

Charge to an enemy, stunning it and 2 additional nearby targets for 1 sec. Generates 20 Rage. (With blitz glyph)
Charge to an enemy, rooting it for 4 sec and reducing movement speed by 50% for 15 sec. Generates 20 Rage. (with warbinger glyph)
Charge to an enemy, rooting it and 2 additional nearby targets for 4 sec and reducing movement speed by 50% for 15 sec. Generates 20 Rage. (with both glyphs)

And again i remind you that BW tried to make leap like that : Leaps, generates rage and stuns. But with the crap resolve system, if 2 SW leap on 1 target, you were making him immune to all cc...If he was ball carrier, you were afraid to leap on him...
And then instead of stun it converted to what stun does , roots and interrupts.
The allready bad dmg it deals it can be removed for all i care....
I will be able to leap on cc'ed targets and score without breaking the cc with a stupid 1k dmg.