Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A few Questions for us all...

Selenial
09.15.2013 , 03:20 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Do you really want to toss a rotten apple into a very good basket?
I see what you mean, I just think it happens way too much...

Besides, Order 66 would never have happened if the Jedi were willing to take a more proactive role in government, like the Sith would.... Say what you want about the Sith Empire, it was damn well organised and it's citizens were no less happy than those of the Republic
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

konstadinosblue
09.15.2013 , 03:23 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Time to show the best thing about this thread....

Screw the Jedi, their Hypocrisy is unreal... Come on, at least the Sith are true to their beliefs about wanting the Jedi completely destroyed... The Jedi lie about it. They preach peace, and justice, yet urged the Senate to completely eradicate the Sith Species, and started the Cold War themselves...

The Jedi's hypocrisy would force me to leave, tbh, Though If I was a sith... Things would need to be changed.
Oh ho ho, I could preach you all day, but it's past midnight here.....but I want to do it now.....no, you'll have to wait 'til tommorow.... oh screw that .... gimme 5....
Ahsoka: "Well, you want the bad news, or the really bad news?"
Obi-Wan: "Well, let's try the bad news laced with a little optimism."
―Ahsoka Tano and Obi-Wan Kenobi, attempting to flee from Mortis

Aurbere
09.15.2013 , 03:23 PM | #13
I see what you mean, I just think it happens way too much...

Besides, Order 66 would never have happened if the Jedi were willing to take a more proactive role in government, like the Sith would.... Say what you want about the Sith Empire, it was damn well organised and it's citizens were no less happy than those of the Republic
I'll just say that I would rather have Jedi around. A side-quest on Dromund Kaas only reinforces this feeling.
Added Chapter 55 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Selenial
09.15.2013 , 03:25 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I'll just say that I would rather have Jedi around. A side-quest on Dromund Kaas only reinforces this feeling.
Tell me this.

If the Jedi found out Sidious was... Sidious, and he was just a Senator for Naboo.. Never did anything to harm the Jedi, simply had knowledge of the Darkside... Would they have let him live? Or would they arrest/execute him...
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.

Aurbere
09.15.2013 , 03:26 PM | #15
Tell me this.

If the Jedi found out Sidious was... Sidious, and he was just a Senator for Naboo.. Never did anything to harm the Jedi, simply had knowledge of the Darkside... Would they have let him live? Or would they arrest/execute him...
Now is not the time for this...
Added Chapter 55 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

konstadinosblue
09.15.2013 , 03:30 PM | #16
Ok first, in the video made by Jedi Archivist Gnost Dural, it says that it was the Senate and the Chancellor, that wanted the Sith Species eradicated, not the Jedi. And how the hell did the start the Cold War? The Sith started the war by killing those generals....Think about the Jedi is they always defended themselves, and the trillions of citizens that belonged to their Republic. Mace Windu said that were Peacekeepers, not soldiers. I'll bring more tommorow because....aargh!!
Ahsoka: "Well, you want the bad news, or the really bad news?"
Obi-Wan: "Well, let's try the bad news laced with a little optimism."
―Ahsoka Tano and Obi-Wan Kenobi, attempting to flee from Mortis

Selenial
09.15.2013 , 03:35 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by konstadinosblue View Post
Ok first, in the video made by Jedi Archivist Gnost Dural, it says that it was the Senate and the Chancellor, that wanted the Sith Species eradicated, not the Jedi. And how the hell did the start the Cold War? The Sith started the war by killing those generals....Think about the Jedi is they always defended themselves, and the trillions of citizens that belonged to their Republic. Mace Windu said that were Peacekeepers, not soldiers. I'll bring more tommorow because....aargh!!
They started the Cold War by eradicating the Sith.

And those Journals were written to be biased, look up the actual sources on that Eradication attempt and you'll see the Jedi weren't so high and mighty. Afterall, were they not the ones who went and did it?

Mathemagica
09.15.2013 , 03:37 PM | #18
A few questions, courtesy of Jensarai, Yarael Poof and his fan...
I thought it'd be nice for us to answer together, looking at each others opinions and see what we agree on and disagree on....

1)Jedi or Sith?
Sith. There is this one line in the Sith code: Through passion, I gain strength.
And there is this one line in the Jedi code, which I have to condemn for being either wrong or too easy to misinterpret: There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

Quote:

2) Favorite Worlds?
Kashyyyk (the EU one, not the one from Episode III)

Quote:

3) Type of lightsaber, Lightsaber color and fighting style?
Changed over the years... Currently: Double lightsaber with a very dark red (or maybe dark green... or light purple... can't decide, really). I'm quite unfamiliar to the official styles, so... be unorthodox, be unexpected and don't just use the lightsaber, but also martial arts.

Quote:

4)Favorite Species?
Chiss.

Quote:

5)Favorite vehicle?
AT-AT. For nostalgic reasons. (Vehicle excludes spaceships, right?)

Quote:

6)If you were a Jedi which master would you want?
Qui-Gon Jinn.

Quote:

7)If you were a Sith which master would you want?
Can I choose Darth Nox from my headcannon? Otherwise I take Tulak Hord.

Quote:

8)If you were a Sith, then what would your "Darth" Name Be?
Darth Pathos (It is an ancient greek word and means either 'pain' or just 'somebody does something to you, positive or negative'.)

Quote:

9)Favorite Film?
Episode 5

Quote:

10)Least favorite film?
Episode 2

Quote:

11)If you could write your own Star Wars novel, what would it be about?
Did that when I was a kid (the result sucks, but who cares). About a person that tries to discover all the secrets in the force and who learns both the light and the dark side. Whether he chooses a side and which one changed a lot over the years.

Quote:

12)Which film has your favorite soundtrack?
Episode 1,3 and 5. (It's about the diamonds in every soundtrack.)

Quote:

13)Do you collect figures?
No, I don't.

Quote:

14)In your opinion, what is the best thing about the EU?
The Thrawn-trilogy, tied with story of Cipher 9.

Quote:

15)In your opinion, what are the worst things about the EU?
Almost everything that happens after the battle at Yavin IV with the Yuuzhan Vong being the worst.

Quote:

16)What Does Star Wars mean to you?
It means 0:00-0:15 and 4:25-4:35 of this awesome video.

Selenial
09.15.2013 , 03:47 PM | #19
Just a thing about that Collectibles question...

This belongs to one of my Guildies... That room will be worth a fortune down the line... Probably is right now.

Canino
09.15.2013 , 03:49 PM | #20
A few questions, courtesy of Jensarai, Yarael Poof and his fan...
I thought it'd be nice for us to answer together, looking at each others opinions and see what we agree on and disagree on....
1)Jedi or Sith?
Smuggler/Assassin ! But Sith.....
2) Favorite Worlds?
Nar Shaddaa, Felucia, Kashyyyk.
3) Type of lightsaber, Lightsaber color and fighting style?
Single blade, green then red (I would undoubtedly fall to the darkside) Ataru and Makashi with some Niman in for good measure.
4)Favorite Species?
Droids! Then Wookiees....
5)Favorite vehicle?
YT-1300!
6)If you were a Jedi which master would you want?
Shaak Ti. She's not perfect, and hasn't had any padawans succeed, but she is kind and cunning and understands what it means to be a Jedi.
7)If you were a Sith which master would you want?
Probably Traya or Vader. Traya has shown that power doesn't come from killing, but from cunning and the mind.
8)If you were a Sith, then what would your "Darth" Name Be?
Darth Sicarius (Latin for assassin)
9)Favorite Film?
All
10)Least favorite film?
None
11)If you could write your own Star Wars novel, what would it be about?
The underworld and droids. Droids in the underworld.
12)Which film has your favorite soundtrack?
All but if I have to choose one (hasn't stopped me before ) Duel of the Fates. I love the choir!
13)Do you collect figures?
No.
14)In your opinion, what is the best thing about the EU?
The characters and stories they tell.
15)In your opinion, what are the worst things about the EU?
The characters and the stories they tell.
16)What Does Star Wars mean to you?
Hope and philosophy. And that if I'm ever alone, I can go to another planet. Or destroy this one with a Death Star .
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------