Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1 v 1 Championship Results

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
1 v 1 Championship Results

Xeraz
09.15.2013 , 12:17 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
No Sorcerors or Sages there who managed to heal to full + make attackers pay ?
No they're there. You must have some kind of perception problem preventing you from seeing them.
"Who I am is not important, my message is."

JediMasterSLC
09.15.2013 , 12:22 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by ManiacDavis View Post
and third place
But I won the bronze match.....

EatenByDistance
09.15.2013 , 01:37 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post
Oh really, and 3rd place too... its so fun reading assasins crying about MOAR BUFFS on PTS forum: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=673129
yes, because the game should be balanced around 1v1s that makes perfect sense.

Thanks Maniac, gotta say I didn't expect a lot of celebration but I'm nonetheless more than a bit alienated by everyone's attitude about the results. Given recent Bastion happenings, I guess entering was a lose-lose decision anyways, meh. The credits are nice though.

thanks for hosting the tourney
Wakalord The Bastion: Hey im mvp
Watch my stream!
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain
...and the only person who doesn't think so is some B-team assassin DPS who is just dragging his team down by playing the incorrect spec.

AlrikFassbauer
09.15.2013 , 03:50 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Xeraz View Post
No they're there. You must have some kind of perception problem preventing you from seeing them.
Yes, I noticed them when I was browsing through the brackets with more detail later.
But - there's so many other classes in there, they get easily overlooked.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

supermouthcml
09.15.2013 , 04:06 PM | #25
i could be wrong but it looked like waka wasn't in a stance for a few rounds no?
Naylun - Naylen
Sorc & Sage | All specs
Jedi Covenant

Brunner_Venda
09.15.2013 , 04:44 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
No Sorcerors or Sages there who managed to heal to full + make attackers pay ?
No, but we have sins that can apparently win every 1v1 fight, and cry they are underpowered because they can't win 1v3 fights too. You know, because they aren't balanced until they can fight in open PVP without stealth AND murder everyone 1v1. HOW LONG ARE YOU GOING TO IGNORE SINS BIOWARE? Hopefully forever.

Then we have Op DPS that cry because they aren't as strong as sins. We can't maul!

Sigh...

Quote: Originally Posted by ManiacDavis View Post
I am forever shunned from Jung Ma after I crashed a Cathar wedding on the lovely beaches of Novare Coast.
You are a hero to PVPers everywhere.

JackNader
09.15.2013 , 06:54 PM | #27
Meh.. I watched a vid of wakalord losing to belligerent. During the vid you can hear an audio of waka admitting he was really surprised how well jug tanks in DPS gear perform. This I found interesting given the fact that jugs have the best 1v1 specs in the game. It pretty much means that nobody on the bastion even plays these specs. Belligerent is a good player, he came from the harbinger but by no means was he the best jug, despite taking out the harbinger 1v1 comps as well. Shao, for instance, who doesn't compete in 1v1's was asked by belligerent to help him warm up for the tourney. Belligerent lost every fight. Stealth classes do have very good 1v1 specs but they aren't the 1v1 kings. There are a couple of non stealth specs which trump all stealth specs.

Devilk
09.15.2013 , 08:13 PM | #28
Oh really, and 3rd place too... its so fun reading assasins crying about MOAR BUFFS on PTS forum: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=673129
Yes because PvP should be balanced around 1v1 where Assassins excel, right? They simply do not bring the pressure to TEAM matches, which is where the buff is wanted. Learn something before opening your mouth.

ManiacDavis
09.15.2013 , 09:11 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSLC View Post
But I won the bronze match.....
You're completely right, my mistake.
Man-iac - The Only Commando Left Standing
http://www.twitch.tv/rrmaniac

JP_Legatus
09.15.2013 , 10:07 PM | #30
Well you're right in the sense that sins do very good at dueling, they just don't fill arena roles as well as other classes which is why they are asking for buffs. All the stuff xinika listed about the class is accurate. I've got all the "good" 55's so I have a pretty good idea of the balance and sins are pretty much bottom of the barrel for everything but best at nodeguarding and dueling, and even then I think other classes are close to pushing sins down the ladder in nodeguarding.

Also honestly I'm not even convinced sins are the best at dueling, I think it's just there are more sins who duel a lot and not enough juggs/snipers/pt's etc who duel. There's video footage of belligerent (some kind of hybrid jugg) beating waka by a good margin in duels and IDK if waka ever figured out a way to beat it. Belligerent won the last harbinger dueling tournament but didn't stick around on bastion long enough to get into this tourney (he's either on pot5 now or quit the game).

In any case, I'd gladly give up my "leet dueling class" status and have it changed into a class that can actually fill a good rated slot (tank or dps) in a heartbeat, cuz frankly who cares about dueling?
Plaje - 55 Assassin Sorcheals - 55 Sorcerer
TheHulkk - 55 Juggernaut Riksa - 55 Marauder
Ophealing - 55 Operative Lolsniper - 55 Sniper
Overpoweredtech - 29 Powertech The Bastion http://www.twitch.tv/plajje