Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Unknown Collateral Damage Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The Unknown Collateral Damage Thread

bionamaster
09.14.2013 , 02:24 PM | #1
Hello, denizens of the Forums! As many of you know, there is a lot, and I mean, a LOT of collateral damage that occurs in Star Wars. What I'd like to ask you all, is what do you think the results of this are? What happens when that stray saber stroke severs a wire, or a blaster bolt tears through a window? Just share the reactions of the affected people. the effects themselves, and anything else you feel like sharing. I'll start:

Episode V, Duel between Vader and Skywalker on Bespin.
*Vader slices what appears to be a vertical gas tank with an antennae off the bridge.*
Family on the other side of Bespin: WHAT HAPPENED TO THE TV?

Your turn.
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!

Aurbere
09.14.2013 , 02:27 PM | #2
Hmm...

The Second Death Star's explosion ravages the forest moon's ecosystem, eventually leading to the extinction of the Ewoks.
Added Chapter 65 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
09.14.2013 , 02:30 PM | #3
An entire mining facility is sunk into the ground on Mustafar, claiming dozens of Mustafarian lives and dealing a heavy blow to their economy. One indirect effect being the emergence of a folklore tale describing warriors with flashy blades clashing above magma that endured for centuries to come.

bionamaster
09.14.2013 , 02:30 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Hmm...

The Second Death Star's explosion ravages the forest moon's ecosystem, eventually leading to the extinction of the Ewoks.
I remember hearing about this theory. The Endor Holocaust, wasn't it?

Anyway, my response:

Episode I, the Naboo starfighter is shot down as it leaves the hangar, crashing into the plains below.

A small ecosystem is destroyed, causing Naboo's scientific community to break off ties with the Naboo government. This leads Naboo into a brief dark age, which it recovers from in time for the end of Episode 6, for the Galaxy Celebrating scene.
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
For the Republic!

bionamaster
09.14.2013 , 02:31 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
An entire mining facility is sunk into the ground on Mustafar, claiming dozens of Mustafarian lives and dealing a heavy blow to their economy. One indirect effect being the emergence of a folklore tale describing warriors with flashy blades clashing above magma that endured for centuries to come.
Got a good laugh out of this one. Well played, well played.
For the Republic!

bionamaster
09.15.2013 , 01:23 PM | #6
Episode III, Mace Windu is blasted out of a Coruscant window with Force Lightning by Sidious. Anakin is then named Darth Vader.

Meanwhile, in the underbelly of Coruscant, a mugger springs out at a citizen:

Mugger: Alright, your money or your li-what's that noise? It sounds like screa-*the mugger is crushed by a smoldering Mace Windu falling from the sky.

Oblivious civillian: YAY! I'M SAFE! THANK YOU MASTER WINDU! *runs into the distance*.
For the Republic!

Selenial
09.15.2013 , 03:59 PM | #7
Kenobi slicing that guy's arm off in Episode 4, leads to him losing his Job, his wife who was once a slave and has no skills, cannot work either. The man commits suicide and his Family die of starvation...

Sad and Dark, but meh ;p
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of fanfic Echoes.

Aurbere
09.15.2013 , 04:02 PM | #8
After Luke destroys an AT-AT, the massive machine falls on top of a squad of Snowtroopers. The one trooper that isn't crushed is incinerated when the vehicle explodes.
Added Chapter 65 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
09.15.2013 , 04:12 PM | #9
After being tricked by Kenobi into thinking these weren't the droids he was looking for, Stormtrooper TK-187 lost his job and joined a band of pirates, terrorizing the settlement of Mos Eisley for decades to come.

Selenial
09.15.2013 , 04:16 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
After being tricked by Kenobi into thinking these weren't the droids he was looking for, Stormtrooper TK-187 lost his job and joined a band of pirates, terrorizing the settlement of Mos Eisley for decades to come.
http://cdn.iwastesomuchtime.com/Dece...851801700b.jpg
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of fanfic Echoes.