Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Thanaton runs the PT gauntlet!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Darth Thanaton runs the PT gauntlet!

Selenial
09.15.2013 , 09:37 AM | #21
I love it when people always say the PT Jedi are stronger than those before them, If you looked at it on a position basis, and same for sith.... Yet a Jedi Council member is supposedly weaker than a Dark Council member in this argument...
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Aurbere
09.15.2013 , 09:53 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
I love it when people always say the PT Jedi are stronger than those before them, If you looked at it on a position basis, and same for sith.... Yet a Jedi Council member is supposedly weaker than a Dark Council member in this argument...
And apparently the Order's greatest student is outclassed by the weakest Dark Council member
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi
09.15.2013 , 09:55 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
And apparently the Order's greatest student is outclassed by the weakest Dark Council member
Well being fair if this was ROTS Anakin, Thanaton wouldn't stand a chance. But this is AoTC Anakin, who still has much to learn and do.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere
09.15.2013 , 09:57 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Well being fair if this was ROTS Anakin, Thanaton wouldn't stand a chance. But this is AoTC Anakin, who still has much to learn and do.
I was referring to Dooku.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi
09.15.2013 , 09:58 AM | #25
I was referring to Dooku.
Oh lol. Yeah no Dooku shouldn't lose to Thanaton.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
09.15.2013 , 11:32 AM | #26
Well count be out of that group. Because I've since reached the conclusion that they are pretty much equal in the end.

Making those kind of broad comparisons is never a good idea.

Though I'd put my bets on the Dark Council defeating the Jedi Council...

Beniboybling
09.15.2013 , 11:34 AM | #27
On phone, can reply better later.... But Nox is stated in Annihilation to be the weakest of the Council....
I'd raise my eyebrow at that, I've read the novel and can't recall anything of the sort. However Darth Nox would most certainly school Vowrawn in battle.

Beniboybling
09.15.2013 , 11:35 AM | #28
The words 'weak' and 'Dark Council' don't tend to gel very well.

Beniboybling
09.15.2013 , 11:39 AM | #29
The quote was ambiguous. If you have reason to believe it meant powerbase, show us.
If you could bring up the quote that would be useful, because I expect what Kaedusz is saying is closer to the truth, I can't remember reading a passage that say's "that Nox, oh he's so weak!" - in fact I don't recall Nox being mentioned at all.

Selenial
09.15.2013 , 12:03 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
If you could bring up the quote that would be useful, because I expect what Kaedusz is saying is closer to the truth, I can't remember reading a passage that say's "that Nox, oh he's so weak!" - in fact I don't recall Nox being mentioned at all.
I Don't have annihilation on me, unfortunately, because it's in my house and I'm down in london

However, Rayla has referenced the quote before so it's possible she has it...
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage