Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Darth Thanaton runs the PT gauntlet!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Darth Thanaton runs the PT gauntlet!

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
09.15.2013 , 04:15 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
He is the traitor!
Oh stuff this!

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
09.15.2013 , 04:18 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Oh stuff this!
I think you mean This.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
09.15.2013 , 04:19 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Oh stuff this!
NOOOOO!!!!
Added Chapter 60 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
09.15.2013 , 04:21 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
I think you mean This.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I think this covers both:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LCuGyV3jdM

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
09.15.2013 , 04:24 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Oh stuff this!
Do it!

(Can't stop laughing at that Munificent frigate in the background...)
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
09.15.2013 , 04:27 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Do it!

(Can't stop laughing at that Munificent frigate in the background...)
He should have said that to Commander Cody.

Edit: That reminds me of the part in Starsky and Hutch (Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson one).
Added Chapter 60 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

FatalCry's Avatar


FatalCry
12.09.2013 , 01:02 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Firstly, he was the new guy aswell.

Secondly, yes. He was bested by Darth Nox, who is supposedly the weakest member of the Council. She did not use the ghosts in their actual duel, she only entered the Ritual state when he put her in that Cocoon type thing...

If she's the weakest when he's dead, yet bested him twice, then he's the weakest when he's alive... Unless I'm missing something here.
Darth Zhorrid. Would you say Zhorrid is STRONGER than NOX? cause IF you do, you have A. not played agent at all. B. lost all the right you have to participate in this argument. I can say this kid I met when i was in 6th grade had the ugliest hair ever, and someone quotes me on that, does that mean he does in fact have the ugliest hair in the world? same logic apply.
Now LETS BREAK DOWN how powerful Nox truely is.
Comes from a powerful sith lineage, heir of lord aloysius kallig, who is more powerful if not as powerful as Tulak Hord.
ascended to the rank of dark council member with lightning speed, the whole event of SI story line since he enters the academy and before the ilum took how long? months? a year? even marr who became a DC member at young age couldn't do it that fast.
Has now an immortal body which was rebuilt by Rataka mother machine. which gives him a physical edge over ...ALL of the current DC member? and can now bound as much ghosts as he like, tho at end of the story he bound 5 including the voss. which makes him capable of overpowering pretty much any other DC member at this point in a 1v1 combat.
the fact that people says he "cheated" by drawing power from ghosts are laughable. force walk is ONE of his abilities, it is like saying jedi cheats in battle because they use light sabers.

Thanaton losing to nox is not surprising at all, and iit is not a sign of weakness, as I quote from darth marr during beginning of SI Makeb storyline "I never thought I would live to see thanaton overthrown, strange i must turn to his successor." and at end of SI storyline "he was a better sith than you ever gave him credit for, ravage" tho Thanaton is not one of the STRONGEST member of DC, he is also most definitely not the weakest.

S_W_LeGenD's Avatar


S_W_LeGenD
12.13.2013 , 01:06 PM | #98
Darth Thanaton is canonically an incredibly powerful Force-user and among the Empire's top warriors; likely among the most powerful Sith Lords of the mythos (galactic history).

Darth Nox managed to defeat such a powerful Sith Lord on the basis of his incredible command of dark sorcery; Nox used the Force walking technique to significantly bolster his power with combined might of several "powerful" Sith and/or dark side practitioners of different eras, essentially approaching "super-strong Strike Team" power level(s), this on top of his body being permanently enhanced by a Rakatan device.

----

Thanaton is likely to destroy every single opponent in this contest; not even the legendary Count holds a candle to such a powerful Sith Lord, IMO. Thanaton not just wielded incredible raw power but he is/was proficient even in the matters of Sorcery.

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
12.13.2013 , 01:45 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by S_W_LeGenD View Post
Darth Thanaton is canonically an incredibly powerful Force-user and among the Empire's top warriors; likely among the most powerful Sith Lords of the mythos (galactic history).

Darth Nox managed to defeat such a powerful Sith Lord on the basis of his incredible command of dark sorcery; Nox used the Force walking technique to significantly bolster his power with combined might of several "powerful" Sith and/or dark side practitioners of different eras, essentially approaching "super-strong Strike Team" power level(s), this on top of his body being permanently enhanced by a Rakatan device.

----

Thanaton is likely to destroy every single opponent in this contest; not even the legendary Count holds a candle to such a powerful Sith Lord, IMO. Thanaton not just wielded incredible raw power but he is/was proficient even in the matters of Sorcery.
I'd like to point this out to everyone who holds this misconception.

Nox did not need the Sith to take Thanaton down, she needed them to survive. The spirits were a SHIELD against his Cocoon-Like attack, Zash herself calls it a shield, nothing more.

It was likely the case that his Cocoon attack was a rare feat, known to few, with no defense. That's why we only see her enter the ritual state when he uses it.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
12.13.2013 , 01:47 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by FatalCry View Post
Darth Zhorrid. Would you say Zhorrid is STRONGER than NOX? cause IF you do, you have A. not played agent at all. B. lost all the right you have to participate in this argument. I can say this kid I met when i was in 6th grade had the ugliest hair ever, and someone quotes me on that, does that mean he does in fact have the ugliest hair in the world? same logic apply.
Now LETS BREAK DOWN how powerful Nox truely is.
Comes from a powerful sith lineage, heir of lord aloysius kallig, who is more powerful if not as powerful as Tulak Hord.
ascended to the rank of dark council member with lightning speed, the whole event of SI story line since he enters the academy and before the ilum took how long? months? a year? even marr who became a DC member at young age couldn't do it that fast.
Has now an immortal body which was rebuilt by Rataka mother machine. which gives him a physical edge over ...ALL of the current DC member? and can now bound as much ghosts as he like, tho at end of the story he bound 5 including the voss. which makes him capable of overpowering pretty much any other DC member at this point in a 1v1 combat.
the fact that people says he "cheated" by drawing power from ghosts are laughable. force walk is ONE of his abilities, it is like saying jedi cheats in battle because they use light sabers.
Zhorrid inherited her place. Not a shocker that she sucks. It's also not canon, and not likely, that she ever even ascended to the council.

Lineage means nothing. Just ask Theron Shan.

No one ever said Nox wasn't Impressive.

Read above post about the Ghost Walking. And no one ever said Nox cheated. Quite literally no one. Not even a hint at it. Go fanboy rage somewhere else if you just wanna make random stuff up as an excuse to rage.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger