Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The most awesome response I received from CS so far!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
The most awesome response I received from CS so far!

Haggardbr
09.14.2013 , 12:22 PM | #1
So, last night I requested a character restoration.

It was granted to me today morning with the following in-game mail from a CS representative (my name will be removed, of course):

Quote:
Dear Sir,

My name is Leanne and I'm from the SWTOR's Customer Support team.

Thanks for contacting us regarding your missing comrade!

I know it may be upsetting to lose an ally so I can completely understand your eagerness to have them safely returned.

I've taken a look around the shadiest corners of the galaxy and with a little help from a shifty Bounty Hunter and a very enterprising Jawa, I am pleased to inform you I have been able to locate your comrade and return them to you safely! You should find them awaiting you ready for action next time you check in.

Given their antics, you may find it necessary to assign them a new identity next time you try to commission them... Hopefully, they'll stay out of trouble this time.
I laughed so hard at this response that I thought it would be nice to share it with you guys!
Sarah'kerrígan Jhom Kérrigan Jhota
Suarel

Michalrajtar
09.14.2013 , 12:25 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Haggardbr View Post
So, last night I requested a character restoration.

It was granted to me today morning with the following in-game mail from a CS representative (names will be removed, of course):

I laughed so hard at this response that I thought it would be nice to share it with you guys!
Awesome!

Elly_Dawn
09.14.2013 , 09:06 PM | #3
that is an awesome CS reply!..
i really don't understand why the CS gets so much hate by a lot of people, i contacted them once last year and got my issue resolved quickly, and called again this afternoon for a new issue which they resolved in less than 30 minutes, they seem pretty good to me and judging from your story some have a great sense of humor too...
thx for sharing, that was cool...
if all the great fashion designers have gone over to the Darkside, then i will too...
Jedi Covenant: The Ashtear Legacy:

Elhaym - Shadow / Shinoa - Scoundrel
Dawnaria - Assassin / Adawn - Mercenary / D'jour - Operative

GalacticKegger
09.15.2013 , 01:41 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Elly_Dawn View Post
i really don't understand why the CS gets so much hate by a lot of people, i contacted them once last year and got my issue resolved quickly, and called again this afternoon for a new issue which they resolved in less than 30 minutes, they seem pretty good to me and judging from your story some have a great sense of humor too...
The levels of vitriolic bravado that anonymously operating from behind a computer screen can promote is often astounding. Great story OP.
Peace out . . .

Pigdaddy
09.15.2013 , 03:45 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Elly_Dawn View Post
Same as everything else in RL, Just takes a few real ahole CS ppl to ruin the entire bunch's reputation. I too have had very positive dealings with them, even left very high praise feedback.
EVERYDAY I'M TROLOL'ING
Australian CE pre-order.. THANK YOU AMAZON!

Xakthul
09.15.2013 , 06:53 AM | #6
Yeah... those guys are pretty cool.
Duelist Mixalot, Grand Champ Tellsa, Lord Saml, Apprentice Syynx, Captain Cirris, Skirmisher Janewei, Jedi Knight Jugger'not, Agent Ez'zio of <Wookies and Cream>, Harbinger
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf

Nothematic
09.15.2013 , 09:08 AM | #7
One of my friends in real life who plays the game also got a similar response. They deleted their 55 Commando and wanted it recovered.

The response was along the lines of 'we found your trooper training in the barracks awaiting reassignment. We have reassigned him to Havoc Squad however he will need a new identification'. Can't remember the exact wording but it was awesome.
Coastas - 60 Marauder | Enaico - 60 Sorcerer | Enairo - 60 Operative | Zabric - 32 Mercenary
[TOMB OF FREEDOM NADD]

DarthRobert
09.16.2013 , 03:08 AM | #8
This is the sort of ingenuity that would receive an accolade from the Supreme Chancellor. Well done, that CS person! Keep up the good work.

Thylbanus
09.16.2013 , 04:42 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Haggardbr View Post
... CS representative (names will be removed, of course):
I'd like to get an official response, I thought that it was only name and shame that was frowned upon. I don't think that a complement needs to be redacted. I don't know how BioWare is, but it's always "Praise in Public, Punish in Private", in my industry.

And well done CS Representative XXXXXXXXX!
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

hunterraaze
09.16.2013 , 06:33 PM | #10
Man, when I got a character restored, they told me deleting characters wasn't meant for opening up server slot spaces. Almost sounded like a warning. Wish it would have been along the lines if this, would have been great. Other then that, I have had pleasant dealings with the CS, they always seem to help very quickly, and nicely.
"Well, if people would make it more about me, I wouldn't have to"
~Iryllia
Click here to give me free stuff! (And you too I guess)