Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

the game needs a decent healing debuff or a generell nerf to heal in warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
the game needs a decent healing debuff or a generell nerf to heal in warzones

sithBracer
09.13.2013 , 09:01 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
I love when people start "Healing Needs a Nerf" threads and then just whine about Scoundrels.
And the best ones are where they whine about not being able to single-handedly kill a healer who is guarded by a tank.
Ma'kaela - jedi shadow in training
Mákaela - assassin in the shadows

waterboytkd
09.13.2013 , 09:06 AM | #12
In a 1v1 situation, only scoundrels/operatives seem really OP. In the hands of a good player, they are unkillable.

The real problem comes when cross-healing comes into play. Put 3 well-played healers on a team, and no one on their team dies. You might still be able to eek out a win, but no one dies.

For example, yesterday in Novare Coast, the dps on my team was far outclassed by the hps the 4 healers on the other team had, but our 1 healer could not out hps their dps, so every fight was a losing battle. When one teammate said to focus on healers (something already being done), I told them not to because it wouldn't matter, and instead attack off nodes to try and stretch them out and steal a node, then just play the interrupt game at the node. It worked for a while, but sadly we ended up losing the stolen node, and then the match 8% to 0%. Damn close.

But that was one of the times when focus firing didn't matter, because of the number of enemy healers, and the speed at which one "healed to full". Nothing could be killed in a big fight, only when surprised the off node, and even then, only 1 to 2 guys would die. I think I finished that match with over 600k damage, but only 8 kills.
The Harbinger - The Grimprophet Legacy
Pubs: An'dru // Saf'phyre // Gae'bryal // Jesi'ka // Ae'zryal
Imps: Jon'nee // Rae'zyal // Ma'rya // Hae'lyal

sithBracer
09.13.2013 , 09:22 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by waterboytkd View Post
In a 1v1 situation, only scoundrels/operatives seem really OP. In the hands of a good player, they are unkillable.

The real problem comes when cross-healing comes into play. Put 3 well-played healers on a team, and no one on their team dies. You might still be able to eek out a win, but no one dies.

For example, yesterday in Novare Coast, the dps on my team was far outclassed by the hps the 4 healers on the other team had, but our 1 healer could not out hps their dps, so every fight was a losing battle. When one teammate said to focus on healers (something already being done), I told them not to because it wouldn't matter, and instead attack off nodes to try and stretch them out and steal a node, then just play the interrupt game at the node. It worked for a while, but sadly we ended up losing the stolen node, and then the match 8% to 0%. Damn close.

But that was one of the times when focus firing didn't matter, because of the number of enemy healers, and the speed at which one "healed to full". Nothing could be killed in a big fight, only when surprised the off node, and even then, only 1 to 2 guys would die. I think I finished that match with over 600k damage, but only 8 kills.
If the other team have at least 3 healers and a jugg tank who switches guard, it will become very tough to win because you probably will not be getting many kills-if any. If there were 4 healers and no tank guarding then there was definitely miscommunication with your dps (unless you had no healers on your team in which case you were pretty screwed).

I remember I played with a team of 6 healers and we still got stomped by a pre-made. Even with all the cross healing we couldn't keep up with their focus targets and died many times.
Ma'kaela - jedi shadow in training
Mákaela - assassin in the shadows

discoklaus
09.13.2013 , 11:22 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
I love when people start "Healing Needs a Nerf" threads and then just whine about Scoundrels.
its the only healers you see.

the amount of sorc/sage and commando/merc heals i have seen tends to 0. why would anybody play a merc or a sage if you get a way better healer with a scoundrel.

still i think that there needs to be a better healing debuff. i dont mind if i and 3 other dps die while attacking the healer, as long as we can take him out. but with the amount of survivability and resource management the scoundrels have + guard it is almost impossible to kill him before all 4 of us die

stupidsyrup
09.13.2013 , 11:34 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by discoklaus View Post

the amount of sorc/sage and commando/merc heals i have seen tends to 0. why would anybody play a merc or a sage if you get a way better healer with a scoundrel.

still i think that there needs to be a better healing debuff. i dont mind if i and 3 other dps die while attacking the healer, as long as we can take him out. but with the amount of survivability and resource management the scoundrels have + guard it is almost impossible to kill him before all 4 of us die
Scouperative healing is boring and easy. I switched to Scrapper because it's more fun knocking people on their faces and it's also challenging when under fire. Sage healing is fun especially when kiting 4 melee on your tail . Mando/Merc is the most fun for me because it's the most challenging. Nothing is more fun than getting Invincible in a WZ when under fire from 2 Snipers and a Smasher. I can kite very well too. So yeah, take your Spam Probe and play somewhere else.
The Indomitable STUPIDSYRUP
<Albino Brothers>
Battlemaster Jeffray
War Hero Alexowens

Zarthorn
09.13.2013 , 12:06 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by discoklaus View Post

I'd wager that on the fact most Sorc healers switched to DPS cos Unlimited Powahhhh!

Nobody plays Comm healers because of the green beam of death, it paints a bullseye on the Comm, seen plenty of Merc healers because they don't have the same drawback.

Remember the vast majority of the playbase are not geared, not really experienced and thus don't know how to control Scoundrel/Operative healers, they interupt at the wrong time, they constantly switch targets and don't maintain focus (They are still squishy with poor defensive skills) they don't bother to AoE when the Op/Sc try to stealth...they have appauling timing with their CC.

So what do people commonly do when they cannot adapt?

Scream on the forums until said class(es) are made useless.

Choffware
09.13.2013 , 12:10 PM | #17
OPs are the only healers that are OP. They need some sort of nerf to their personal survivability. But I think guard is the bigger problem because it has no counter. It should have some sort of diminishing return or some counter ability given to some classes. 1 tank and one OP healer can last indefinitely. One OP by themselves can also be unkillable in certain situations. The other two healing classes are fine when they are not guarded.
Mantorin 55 Marauder || Choff lvl 55 Merc || Chof lvl 51 Sorc

General_Aldo
09.13.2013 , 12:21 PM | #18
A very simple solution would implement a match-making system. Like PvE group finder
Bornsteller - Combat Medic
Lęvi - Carnage Marauder
King of Pugs Legacy

NogueiraA
09.13.2013 , 12:30 PM | #19
1 - It's not a nerf to the classes.
2 - Mercenary and Sorcerer need a buff.
3 - Nerf the healing done while affected by bolster.

2 healers against a pug group it's a 99% chance win.
Beta tester/Shadowlands.

NogueiraA
09.13.2013 , 12:32 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by General_Aldo View Post
A very simple solution would implement a match-making system. Like PvE group finder
In 2.4 it'll be possible, players can't respec inside/queued for warzones, so the system can identify if you're a healer.
Beta tester/Shadowlands.