Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

the game needs a decent healing debuff or a generell nerf to heal in warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
the game needs a decent healing debuff or a generell nerf to heal in warzones

Tonev
09.20.2013 , 01:54 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by anwg View Post
You play ranked match where you get to 1v1 sentinels and marauders as a healer. How about you quit lying.
Since you want to call me out, yeah, I one vs one a Sentinel and won in Ranked as well as in "Normal" WZ. You do have dumb asses running off to try and solo the lone healer spec and they get *** owned (Yes, dumb asses do exist in ranked WZ). On a daily in "NORMAL" Warzones I catch the solo marauder running around and peck them to death all the while healing back up to "FULL".

As far as getting focused, yes, I do get focused in ranked WZ 99.5% of the time by "Good" players but as I said, I am not killed by a Sentinel or Marauder one on one as implied by the game pro who mentioned "This is all you gotta do "Again, which is bull **** tough guy/forumologist talk.

Back on track again, coming from the liar here, all in all everyone on this thread has realized that operative and scoundrel (PvP geared) healers need a nerf after 2.0 and they will eventually get it.
Marty the Sentinel/Marauder>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuPd4L7_0uQ

Tonev
09.20.2013 , 02:03 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by sithBracer View Post
You don't get focus targeted in ranked? Either you are playing the worst ranked team on your (any) server, or you are BSing. Vid or it never happened.
Yeah, I do get focused, CCed, grenaded and every other thing you can think of by a "Good" team" which on Ebon Hawke are the same 5 *********** guilds (snore fest.) There are more dumb asses queing for Ranked Warzones than there are competent players (on that server anyways). When I am not asking guilds, I have alts in if they are running ranks to fight each other, I run a lot of "solo" que Warzones and you have a **** load of "wannabe" Ashoka Tanos running after the lone healer, trying to burst me down and they get "OWNED." (again the bad *** players), while my probes and direct heals heal me to "FULL (dots, CC and pecking along with well placed grenades) win out over the "I am going to blindly burn this guy down players".
Again, defend this **** all you like but there is a agreement in the PvP community that either they need to buff damage where the heals are or nerf classes that show exceptionally well numbers even in the hands of bad players (I am not the greatest Operative healer as I like dpsing but I still get very good numbers).

Ottoattack
09.20.2013 , 02:38 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by sithBracer View Post
1.7 ... balanced? Wow that's a good laugh. Exactly what inbalance did 2.0 bring about in healing?
The values of expertise changed, bolster, the trauma debuff changed and critic and surge changed. I tried mathematically to determine exactly the difference between 1.7 and 2.0, but some changes, like the bolster on MH and OH weapons no one knows how they operate. What we know for fact is that competitive games are becoming a snooze fest, as no one dies, because 2 healers can drop as much healing as 3-4 dps damage output. Add to that ops healers have no energy management, barely any cast times and insane survivability, everyone runs them, and they drop between 1,500 to 2,000 HPS where the highest dps is barely scratching 1,000 dps.

No one is disputing that mercs and sorcs are inferior to ops healers, but that does not mean they need to buffed to ops healers level. Ops healers need to be brought down to mercs and sorcs level, then debuff need to be increased, so healers output is in the same range as damage output. Again, in 1.7 healers were valuable, but counterable. Their output was strong, but was not game breaking. It is not an exclusive Ops healer problem. They are just the front of the issue, because they are the strongest healer, but by all means healing is far from balanced.

Tonev
09.20.2013 , 02:45 PM | #144
removed, double post

Tankqull
09.20.2013 , 02:47 PM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
Add to that ops healers have no energy management, barely any cast times and insane survivability, everyone runs them, and they drop between 1,500 to 2,000 HPS where the highest dps is barely scratching 1,000 dps.
yeah spread over 7-8 people...

its quite funny tab doting is approved as fluff dmg but tab-hotting is awesome

Ottoattack
09.20.2013 , 03:23 PM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by Tankqull View Post
yeah spread over 7-8 people...

its quite funny tab doting is approved as fluff dmg but tab-hotting is awesome
Ya, I would like you and your doting doing consistent damage of 1,500 every game then will talk. Healers can drop 1,500 occasionally, so no, its not the same. I played around 1,000 PvP WZs since the expansion, and the highest record of dps I have seen in any WZ I played was 1,500 once. I see healers of all types drop 1,500 every 10 games or so. Healing output is about 50% higher than damage on avg (with the exception of smash).

Tankqull
09.20.2013 , 03:58 PM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
Ya, I would like you and your doting doing consistent damage of 1,500 every game then will talk. Healers can drop 1,500 occasionally, so no, its not the same. I played around 1,000 PvP WZs since the expansion, and the highest record of dps I have seen in any WZ I played was 1,500 once. I see healers of all types drop 1,500 every 10 games or so. Healing output is about 50% higher than damage on avg (with the exception of smash).
http://www.imagebanana.com/view/k7vu..._59_122936.jpg
http://s1.directupload.net/images/130823/l8mdw897.jpg
http://www.pic-upload.de/view-203757...er-DD.jpg.html
http://www.pic-upload.de/view-200301...56401.jpg.html
1.7k and 1.8k by a vanguard
http://www.pic-upload.de/view-201649...70570.jpg.html
http://www.pic-upload.de/view-201658...26133.jpg.html

L-RANDLE
09.20.2013 , 04:19 PM | #148
This exactly the stupidity I am talking about.. God you guys are dopes..

All I needed to look at is the HP one of those screenshots to determine that those are crap.

When were those taken? When bolster was frakked up? Why are there guys with 26k HP? Where those ranked matches were people were doing 100k damage? Do you know what everyone's EXP was in those screens?

Like I said, the dummy is a more accurate representation of what attacks and heals are, but MINUS all the other variables that yourself and the Trollrolling Cheerleader Bracer keep talking about. Those attacks never happen unless someone has an issue.
**** I still see people showing up with EXP numbers lower than 1600!

Yeah those are epic hits, right?
Tell me genius... If damage cancels mitigation in PvP, WHEN ALL THINGS ARE EQUAL.... You know, apple's to apples, why can't those numbers be reproduced on the parse? That is, unless you are going to post me a screenshot of a tooltip showing me a 12K attack?

Stop putting up bad "evidence".
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Zerogates
09.20.2013 , 04:21 PM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by General_Aldo View Post
Do you agree or disagree that nerfing all 3 healing classes is necessary? By buffing trauma all around
Not necessarily. I am more of the mind set of making healing as complex as DPSing will solve most of the problems. You can focus a healer as good DPS, which is what you should do, but it should not be necessary to focus half the team just to take down a bad healer. Make it easy for a healer to screw up and I would be happy.

Not trying to be a ***** but I do want to point out that there are some possible problems with these images.

A player with less expertise is going to be hit harder. Players who are armor debuffed by other classes are going to be hit harder by your attacks. I know personally I can see top hits of 5000 or so on my sniper in one match and then hit over 10k in the next match. That said, there are some really high damage hits that can be produced, and quickly as well. A good RNG roll and you can burst someone down to practically dead in a few seconds.

Turn-XGundam
09.20.2013 , 11:30 PM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by Pilgrim_Grey View Post
6-7 people, are you sure? I could see two healers keeping you going with 2-3 people really focusing on you, but if there really were 6-7 people focusing on you and they were at all competent you would have been dead. Getting hit by 2-3 competent players will have a noticeable impact on your health bar and doubling that number will see your health bar disappear in seconds: two healers would slow that down, but not appreciably, particularly if you were focusing on doing damage and not staying alive, etc.. There's a reason focus fire works so well in Warzones.

I doubt most of them were really focusing on you and were probably shooting at your healers or doing who the heck knows what else.

Not saying that heals and Guard don't seem slightly strong in WZs, but you're not making a good case with an example like this.
i am positive they were focusing me, my health was fluctuating from 5-70% lol
on my commando healer i can keep 1 person alive while they are being focus fired by 2-3dps.