Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

the game needs a decent healing debuff or a generell nerf to heal in warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
the game needs a decent healing debuff or a generell nerf to heal in warzones

discoklaus
09.13.2013 , 05:11 AM | #1
the thing is, that 90% out of the random warzones, the team with the more healer wins.

healing was always very strong in this game since the release, but somehow it has gotten worse and worse and worse.

healers are just to crucial right now. one good geared scoundrel/ops wins the game "solo" if his team doesnt consist of dumb players.

the pvp is dying more and more and for my part its the opness of healing.
i dont even wanna start with the discusssion of guard + heal. thats a whole different story.

every mmorg that i have played so far had at least some decent heal debuffs. this game only has 1 ****** heal debuff

/rant over

edit: i agree that sorcs and especially mercs dont need a nerf. the generell consens seems to be that sorcs are in a good state where as mercs could need a little buffing.

MasterBLASTERpl
09.13.2013 , 05:29 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by discoklaus View Post
the thing is, that 90% out of the random warzones, the team with the more healer wins.
You could also say : the thing is, that 90% out of the random warzones, the team with the less muppets wins.

This would also be true. But would that mean that good players need to be nerfed?

You know - healing alone won't win any match, period. You can be a pro healer in AHG and be team up with muppets and you will lose even if the opposing team won't have a one healing class.

So no, no nerfing any healing class just because it is so hard to mark the healer and focus fire on him /her first.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Zmorá - sorceress Rusálka - sniper
Zorzá - sage

discoklaus
09.13.2013 , 05:56 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterBLASTERpl View Post
You could also say : the thing is, that 90% out of the random warzones, the team with the less muppets wins.

This would also be true. But would that mean that good players need to be nerfed?

You know - healing alone won't win any match, period. You can be a pro healer in AHG and be team up with muppets and you will lose even if the opposing team won't have a one healing class.

So no, no nerfing any healing class just because it is so hard to mark the healer and focus fire on him /her first.
this was the most stupid post i ever read. thanks

kaimelion
09.13.2013 , 06:07 AM | #4
healers are just to crucial right now. one good geared scoundrel/ops wins the game "solo" if his team doesnt consist of dumb players.
/rant over
You mean to tell me, that you win games, when your team doesnt consist of dumb players?
Azod / Azid - now playing with power! TWITCH
DRAMA

JefferyClark
09.13.2013 , 06:30 AM | #5
Healing is OP in that they have the best of too many worlds. They have great escape utility/survivability. They have great resource availability. The healing abilities themselves do too much healing in pvp gear.

Get rid of 1 and you solve the problem.
Jeffinas (Guardian)
Exceptional Legion
Prophecy of the Five

General_Aldo
09.13.2013 , 07:05 AM | #6
Commando/Merc healers don't need another nerf.

And we can all agree that sage/sorc healers are in a good position.
Bornsteller - Combat Medic
Lęvi - Carnage Marauder
King of Pugs Legacy

cycao
09.13.2013 , 07:11 AM | #7
this was the most stupid post i ever read. thanks
Pretty gosh darn hypocritical when your thread mentions and I quote "one good geared scoundrel/ops wins the game "solo" if his team doesnt consist of dumb players"

Which is exactly what he said in which, good players beat bad players.

Now is healing a bit over the top, in some ways yes but the only real issues is what seems like an endless recourse pool for ops/scoundrels and plenty of instant heals.

Sorcs/sages are fine and mercs/commandos, when played right can be ok but healing in general does not need to be toned down, just some specs need to be adjusted.

And a heal heavy team does not equal a win, at least not a 90% success rate.

MrGoldsilver
09.13.2013 , 08:21 AM | #8
I would think that the "best" way (my opinion) to fix healing, is to bring mando and sorc healing up to Op numbers, then give a pvp trauma increase, to 40%, and then tweak the pvp trauma debuff every week or so till healing is balanced with dps
My sniper has a (Nerfed) Orbital Strike,Your argument is invalid
Engineering Sniper Forever!
<WookieGroomers>
-The Harbinger-

L-RANDLE
09.13.2013 , 08:28 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by General_Aldo View Post
Commando/Merc healers don't need another nerf.

And we can all agree that sage/sorc healers are in a good position.
Mercs need more immunities. Their actual output is fine. Sage has the same issues.

Buff PvP trauma by 10%, and add more immunity to those two. See where the chips fall.
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Capt_Beers
09.13.2013 , 08:45 AM | #10
I love when people start "Healing Needs a Nerf" threads and then just whine about Scoundrels.
<HVND> - Harbinger - <HVND>
Keith-Stone 55 Combat Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration | | Key'th 55 Pyrotech