Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

lord vitiate vs darth vader


Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
09.11.2013 , 05:22 PM | #11
The 8000 Sith Lords were willing to go along with him. And I don't really think he needed to influence them. He could have just said:

"Hey, I can make us all immortal."

"Sweet, we're in."

Sith will go along with anything that involves immortality.

/whatever
Added Chapter 35 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

XSUPREMESKILLZX's Avatar


XSUPREMESKILLZX
09.11.2013 , 05:23 PM | #12
would you say exar kun > vader? also didnt vitiate wipe out a couple of his dark councils? plus vitiate can create duplicates of himself mid-fight, although the true potency of these illusions would be questionable.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
09.11.2013 , 05:56 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by XSUPREMESKILLZX View Post
hmm, I may have to vote vitiate (however barely), as he is canonically the most powerful force user to have ever existed (up to his time), putting him ahead the likes of Kun, ragnos, nadd, sadow, etc. his mind domination abilities are extremely advanced, being able to dominate the minds of 8000 sith lords, plus said force lightning storm that had the capability to overwhelm the strike team consisting of 4 of the most powerful jedi in the galaxy, easily. also, vitiate was weakened when he battled the hero.
All true, however Vader has extremely powerful telepathic abilities of his own, able to fix other beings in place simply with his mind. I think this would in turn indicate that Vader has equally strong mental barriers, and would therefore be able to resist Vitiate's mental dominance as Revan did.

Also noting that Vitiate relies on overwhelming his opponents with the power of the dark side to weaken their minds, this presumably have little effect on a fellow dark side such as Vader. It could also be interrupted with some kind of telekinetic attack, much like Revan did.

Force lightning is going to be Vitiate's second attack for sure, however here I'd point out that the Force storm he generated against the Jedi Strike Team was likely pre-prepared as he was unable to produce lightning of such potency against Revan and co. an attack that would have come very much in handy.

Regardless, Vader is capable of absorbing any lightning attack Vitiate can produce with his lightsaber. And although Vader will likely be unable to ground the full force on his blade. His suit will protect his body from the effects, and while the suit itself may be severely damaged, Vader can survive without it, and fight without it. Though alternatively Vader could create a protection bubble around himself, and while Vitiate could likely overwhelm it after a time Vader could break his assault with a powerful telekinetic blast, and then close the distance.

And finally Vader is highly skilled with the use of Force leap, which could be used to close the distance.

XSUPREMESKILLZX's Avatar


XSUPREMESKILLZX
09.11.2013 , 06:04 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
All true, however Vader has extremely powerful telepathic abilities of his own, able to fix other beings in place simply with his mind. I think this would in turn indicate that Vader has equally strong mental barriers, and would therefore be able to resist Vitiate's mental dominance as Revan did.

Also noting that Vitiate relies on overwhelming his opponents with the power of the dark side to weaken their minds, this presumably have little effect on a fellow dark side such as Vader. It could also be interrupted with some kind of telekinetic attack, much like Revan did.

Force lightning is going to be Vitiate's second attack for sure, however here I'd point out that the Force storm he generated against the Jedi Strike Team was likely pre-prepared as he was unable to produce lightning of such potency against Revan and co. an attack that would have come very much in handy.

Regardless, Vader is capable of absorbing any lightning attack Vitiate can produce with his lightsaber. And although Vader will likely be unable to ground the full force on his blade. His suit will protect his body from the effects, and while the suit itself may be severely damaged, Vader can survive without it, and fight without it. Though alternatively Vader could create a protection bubble around himself, and while Vitiate could likely overwhelm it after a time Vader could break his assault with a powerful telekinetic blast, and then close the distance.

And finally Vader is highly skilled with the use of Force leap, which could be used to close the distance.
vitiate did overwhelm revan with FLS on a moment's notice. the same revan who showed an impressive display of tutaminis when he easily overwhelmed nyriss's lightning storm, while in a drugged state. vitiate is also extremely proficient with TK, being able to throw revan back with barely an effort, and force push a being as strong as the HoT back, while severely injured. he then proceeds to destroy the room where you battled him, whilst in spirit form. plus, as aforementioned, vitiate may be able to screw with vader due to duplicates. another thing: the only way revan really countered vitiate's mind domination was through previous knowledge of the ability and its effects, knowledge that vader may not have.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
09.11.2013 , 06:23 PM | #15
Vader brings Vtitiate to his knees like he did with The Son/Daughter.

"ON YOUR KNEES!"

Damn that was such a ****** moment in TCW. (Also yes I know Mortis was a nexus, I just wanted to use that line. )

But for real though, yeah...Vader wins this...in fact he could just speedblitz or dodge Vitiate's long range attacks he is quick enough. Force lighting Vader could avoid, or block via force barrier or his lightsaber.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
09.11.2013 , 06:24 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by XSUPREMESKILLZX View Post
would you say exar kun > vader? also didnt vitiate wipe out a couple of his dark councils? plus vitiate can create duplicates of himself mid-fight, although the true potency of these illusions would be questionable.
The duplicates would only serve to engage Vader in combat, and Vader is more than capable of taking on multiple opponents, also noting one strike is all it takes to destroy them.

And the disparity between Vader and Exar Kun is minimal to say the least, however I'd give it to Vader simply by merit of being the Chosen One. Exar Kun comes incredibly close however.

XSUPREMESKILLZX's Avatar


XSUPREMESKILLZX
09.11.2013 , 06:29 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
The duplicates would only serve to engage Vader in combat, and Vader is more than capable of taking on multiple opponents, also noting one strike is all it takes to destroy them.

And the disparity between Vader and Exar Kun is minimal to say the least, however I'd give it to Vader simply by merit of being the Chosen One. Exar Kun comes incredibly close however.
the reason i said the exar kun thing is because vitiate is canonically stronger than exar

im not sure i can confidently say vader'd just "speedblitz" vitiate, as he is more than capable of creating force waves to halt vader's approach; said waves can be made without even a gesture on vitiate's part. vitiate can also cocoon himself in the force, possibly being able to protect against most, if not all, of vader's force-based attacks.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
09.11.2013 , 06:33 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by XSUPREMESKILLZX View Post
vitiate did overwhelm revan with FLS on a moment's notice. the same revan who showed an impressive display of tutaminis when he easily overwhelmed nyriss's lightning storm, while in a drugged state. vitiate is also extremely proficient with TK, being able to throw revan back with barely an effort, and force push a being as strong as the HoT back, while severely injured. he then proceeds to destroy the room where you battled him, whilst in spirit form. plus, as aforementioned, vitiate may be able to screw with vader due to duplicates. another thing: the only way revan really countered vitiate's mind domination was through previous knowledge of the ability and its effects, knowledge that vader may not have.
Vitiate did not use any variant of Force storm against Revan, he merely overwhelmed him with a powerful stream of lightning. A stream that Revan was able to withstand for a short amount of time. Vader being more powerful would do better with a protection bubble.

Now Vitiate is highly skilled with TK, but as is Vader, but I'd say Vader is much more technically skilled and more than capable of absorbing the impact of Vitiate's attack and responding in kind. However I would point out that in spirit form one's powers are amplified considerably, as one's connection to the Force is greatly strengthened.

And finally Revan only managed to overcome Vitiate's mind control through sheer strength of will, and an interruption of the attack. Prior experience really had little to do with it. There are no loop holes or special techniques.

XSUPREMESKILLZX's Avatar


XSUPREMESKILLZX
09.11.2013 , 06:36 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Vitiate did not use any variant of Force storm against Revan, he merely overwhelmed him with a powerful stream of lightning. A stream that Revan was able to withstand for a short amount of time. Vader being more powerful would do better with a protection bubble.

Now Vitiate is highly skilled with TK, but as is Vader, but I'd say Vader is much more technically skilled and more than capable of absorbing the impact of Vitiate's attack and responding in kind. However I would point out that in spirit form one's powers are amplified considerably, as one's connection to the Force is greatly strengthened.

And finally Revan only managed to overcome Vitiate's mind control through sheer strength of will, and an interruption of the attack. Prior experience really had little to do with it. There are no loop holes or special techniques.
lemme get the book to explain vitiate's attack

if one's strength is amplified considerably, why dont ancient sith spirits run rampant?

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
09.11.2013 , 06:37 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by XSUPREMESKILLZX View Post
the reason i said the exar kun thing is because vitiate is canonically stronger than exar

im not sure i can confidently say vader'd just "speedblitz" vitiate, as he is more than capable of creating force waves to halt vader's approach; said waves can be made without even a gesture on vitiate's part. vitiate can also cocoon himself in the force, possibly being able to protect against most, if not all, of vader's force-based attacks.
I don't think anyone disagrees with that. In fact you might be interested in a series of lists we've been compiling regarding Force abilities (and well as lightsaber abilities) See the index thread here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=662016

Now I don't believe this fight will at all end quickly, I expect Vitiate will constantly retreat every time Vader gets close, but I do believe that inevitably Vitiate will be caught out. And before Vader tires, because Vader is a gosh darn tank. And while yes he can cocoon himself against Force based attacks, he was caught off guard on multiple occasions when Revan sent his lightning back at him.