Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Obroan Armor


Drudenfusz's Avatar


Drudenfusz
08.30.2013 , 09:38 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by GlassToTheArson View Post
Call me a traditionalist, but I like the more simplistic armors. None of these crazy sets that make your character look like something that crawled out of a Coruscanti sewer
If you like simplistic why do you call these sets then lazy? Sure, they are not tradtional, but I think the fit well into Star Wars. Sure, they are not traditional, but if BioWare would have given us a set that looks tratitional, I would be there to call them lazy, since we have already plenty of tartitional looking sets in the game (sure, I still find Jedi and Trooper players who still cannot find the perfect armour).

So, it is not laziness, but only that your taste is different. That doesn't make the set bad, maybe the next will more to your taste, or you can just keep the shells of an older set if you like that more. Nobody forces you to wear these shells, but I have to say I like them, and don't think they are lazy.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

Sangrar's Avatar


Sangrar
08.30.2013 , 09:40 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by sangrar View Post
good god what is this garbage!! That gear is an atrocity! The trooper armor doesn't even look like anything i would put on my trooper!!!


Once upon a time trooper gear looked like this http://tor-fashion.com/2013/03/02/ra...bat-medic-pub/

now look at what has happened!!!
That armor belongs at the most as reputation armor not this!!!!

Bioware for gods sake change the gear to something that actaully looks like it belongs on a trooper not something for power rangers!!!!!!!!

To the designer who developed that gear look start thinking about star wars when getting your inspiration, think classic gear looks like the ones that were here when the game came out that we fell in love with and that you eventaully just took away and said we could never have again!!!!
who agrees with me! FOR GODS SAKE THAT ARMOR DOES NOT EVEN LOOK INDIVIDUALIZED FOR EACH CLASS!! DID THE DREAD MASTERS PUT A SPELL ON THE IN GAME GEAR DEISIGNERS!!
Click this REFFERAL LINK for free character transfer, free inventory slot, and one week free sub time for preffered and subscribed accounts! You can read more about it HERE to prove it's legit

KarmaForce's Avatar


KarmaForce
08.30.2013 , 09:49 PM | #13
What an ugly AC. I just want one that looks good on a body type one female

GlassToTheArson's Avatar


GlassToTheArson
08.30.2013 , 09:51 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
If you like simplistic why do you call these sets then lazy? Sure, they are not tradtional, but I think the fit well into Star Wars. Sure, they are not traditional, but if BioWare would have given us a set that looks tratitional, I would be there to call them lazy, since we have already plenty of tartitional looking sets in the game (sure, I still find Jedi and Trooper players who still cannot find the perfect armour).

So, it is not laziness, but only that your taste is different. That doesn't make the set bad, maybe the next will more to your taste, or you can just keep the shells of an older set if you like that more. Nobody forces you to wear these shells, but I have to say I like them, and don't think they are lazy.
Come on now. Obviously everyone has their own preferences but these look nearly identical. All eight of them

Drudenfusz's Avatar


Drudenfusz
08.30.2013 , 09:59 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by GlassToTheArson View Post
Come on now. Obviously everyone has their own preferences but these look nearly identical. All eight of them
Then take a closer look! Sure, the colours have no variation, I don't mind that. The basic feel is very similar, but they have enough differences in details so that I cannot see lazinesss.

I think I like this set so much, because they remind me on Deathsuits from on of my favourite pen & paper RPGs (SLA Industries). And that they look so similar, make it easier to mix and match pieces to your own preferences, something that didn't worked with the too class specific sets before.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

GlassToTheArson's Avatar


GlassToTheArson
08.30.2013 , 10:11 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
Then take a closer look! Sure, the colours have no variation, I don't mind that. The basic feel is very similar, but they have enough differences in details so that I cannot see lazinesss.

I think I like this set so much, because they remind me on Deathsuits from on of my favourite pen & paper RPGs (SLA Industries). And that they look so similar, make it easier to mix and match pieces to your own preferences, something that didn't worked with the too class specific sets before.
Well then you're biased

Feddot's Avatar


Feddot
08.30.2013 , 10:22 PM | #17
Damn, this sets are awfull. There is nothing intresting, nothing beautifull in them. Well, maybe set of jedi sentinel looks not so bad. But, BW, what you did to sith warrior?! I wonder, why have not sith warrior got any capote with a mask? That's realy looks cool, just look lvl 40 pvp set or eradicators set. Insted they continue to give us this crap. Firs in 2.0 (return of Pyramid Head), then now. But i can guess, that dear BW wants us to bye more cartel packs to get something better then this ****.

DarkDisturbed's Avatar


DarkDisturbed
08.30.2013 , 10:34 PM | #18
Sure am glad there are 2 dev posts that say these are placeholders and in no way final.

People sure do like reading around here.
Vriff
Jedi Covenant Founder of Legendary Republic

Drudenfusz's Avatar


Drudenfusz
08.30.2013 , 10:44 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by GlassToTheArson View Post
Well then you're biased
Sure, but so are we all.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

TheNahash's Avatar


TheNahash
08.30.2013 , 11:35 PM | #20
I think they look fine. Not terribly unique for each class, but fine.

And I don't get that "traditional" gear people throw around. What was "traditional" and Star Wars-y about the Battlemaster Inquisitor Peacock or the War Hero Robin Hood Smuggler, for example?

These are simpler, without huge shoulderpads and they can be dyed, so no problems there. Plus, previous gear didn't really have a "theme" when it was introduced. This time around it's Dread Masters related.
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic