Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy XP for alts

weejohnathon
08.30.2013 , 02:58 PM | #1
Hi there, I would like to know what people would think to my idea. I've noticed people calling for the double XP weekends to return and I'm all for it as I personally have had a lot more fun with groups levelling during those events, however I also like that they aren't all the time as it can ruin the experience I guess for new players. This led me to think of an alternative. So here's what I'm thinking:
Because of the game being focussed on the story lines (which I love and wouldn't change) it can become tiresome levelling you 3rd plus alt if you have done it all before especially once you get to your 8th plus. So what I was thinking was there wasn't much done with the Legacy since its introduction (excluding reputation and achievements) how about every time you get a character to 50 or 55 you unlock an unlock in the character perks tab of your legacy that increases all xp gained by 10% for a small fee say 20k that goes up to a maximum of 10 ranks (100%) extra xp that stacks with the XP buffs. This I think would solve people wanting more XP without forcing everyone to have that extra Xp as you can buy the perk only if you want it.
So what does everyone think?

MMMorshu
08.30.2013 , 03:00 PM | #2
It baffled me that the XP boost unlocks weren't account wide.

weejohnathon
08.30.2013 , 03:04 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by MMMorshu View Post
I though of that but then some people like to level with friends and such and so by making them account wide you would out level any new player essentially making it nearly impossible to level together if they hadnt done as much as you especially if you were introducing a friend to the game. By making it a character perk 20k is nothing it provides a small credit sink and allows the option which I'd personally prefer.

Skodan
08.30.2013 , 03:53 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by MMMorshu View Post
i remember them stating that they wanted players to be able to choose per character how they wanted to level up, so they had the unlocks cheaper as character perks rather than account wide perks that would have cost a lot more
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

RaiderMid
08.30.2013 , 03:54 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by weejohnathon View Post
I though of that but then some people like to level with friends and such and so by making them account wide you would out level any new player essentially making it nearly impossible to level together if they hadnt done as much as you especially if you were introducing a friend to the game. By making it a character perk 20k is nothing it provides a small credit sink and allows the option which I'd personally prefer.
This is where a mentor system would have been nice.

NogueiraA
08.30.2013 , 05:32 PM | #6
I have 16 toons lvl 55, I can tell you that they stealth-nerfed the XP reward by ~50% since release...
English is my 3rd language, sorry for mistakes.
Beta tester, Shadowlands - 16 lvl55 toons.

Hockaday
08.30.2013 , 05:40 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
I have 16 toons lvl 55, I can tell you that they stealth-nerfed the XP reward by ~50% since release...
They did. I remember when I first went to level a new toon, after having several 50s. I was amazed at how slow the xp was.
The Empire is not evil, and the Republic is not good...it is all a matter of opinion.
Nerf Hungering! It's too OP.=Bartle Test Results:= CE VIP
{Reward-Driven 85%} {Exploratory -60%} {Physical 32%} {Thoughtful -26%} {Social -60%} {Competitive 100%}

Trevalon
08.30.2013 , 10:14 PM | #8
EQ2 has a similar system to this - Each character you have at max level grants you +20% exp up to a max of I think 200%.

Then again EQ2 is the KING of Bonus EXP - All their EXP items stack..so you can theoretically get 100% for Rested, 200% for characters, 100% for Potions, and 200% during double weekends (They have double weekends pretty much every US Holiday weekend, such as Labor Day, aka this Weekend)

Its fairly easy to get 500%+ bonus exp in EQ2 and that is with the EXP bonus be cumulative, it used to be multiplicative meaning at one time people could get 2000%+ EXP bonus (This was obviously nerfed as people could level a character form 0 to max in like an hour).

Anyway, the point is that I agree with the OP...I think 10% is too little though, it should be at least 20% for SWTOR.