Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Storms a brewin


mmjarec's Avatar


mmjarec
08.29.2013 , 07:00 PM | #1
Without a total rethinking and rework of at minimum pvp mechanics at most the whole combat mechanics im afraid this game is accelerating the pace its guttering. Evidence by the last dev chat that hurt more than it helped. Between the clueless devs that dont play their own game and the entitled classes that always think they are gimped. How do you fix it and who do you blame. Nobody imo is 100% at fault. You cant blame players for giving biased opionions and you cant totally fault bioware for listening to them but it would give the devs better tools to weed thru nonsense abd balance better if they had a clue about it by playing it that wya they wouldnt rely on second hand info to balance upon

Arenas will only magnify the disparity and lead more ppl to quit thus accelerating the game decline ci hope bioware has plans to completely overhaul the system or at least stem the bleeding cause a bullet wound with a bandaid wont help which is what they habve been doing

branmakmuffin's Avatar


branmakmuffin
08.30.2013 , 08:32 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by mmjarec View Post
Without a total rethinking and rework of at minimum pvp mechanics at most the whole combat mechanics im afraid this game is accelerating the pace its guttering.
This might be true if PvP were even remotely crucial to the game's continued viability.

ImpactHound's Avatar


ImpactHound
08.30.2013 , 08:38 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
This might be true if PvP were even remotely crucial to the game's continued viability.
Speaking of, is arena supposed to be a subscriber perk, or is it available to F2P?

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
08.30.2013 , 08:58 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ImpactHound View Post
Speaking of, is arena supposed to be a subscriber perk, or is it available to F2P?
I don't think they have specified yet.

But I would put money on -----------> ranked play needing to be subscriber or freeb with a ticket to access. Non-ranked.. a bit more fuzzy.. but I bet that has a ticket requirement too.. but lower price.

The reason I think this is because they are opening up WZ for unrestricted play by freebs. Which follows the classic model of ------> when you add a new dynamic to the content, you downgrade the old stuff to be free or much lower cost to access.

As to the topic here.. meh.. they have said (saw it relayed by another posters yesterday) in the Germany Cantina Tour that they were very aware of Blizzards mistakes in allowing arenas to drive class design... and that they had no intention of slipping on that same banana peel. Besides.. the OP is crazy hurt in the backside over the state of the sin class (in his eyes) and will probably /quitzor over it so I see this thread as an end@game gasp for attention. Fear? lol.... fear about an MMO.. that's funny. They come, they go.. and so do players.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

hadoken's Avatar


hadoken
08.30.2013 , 09:04 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ImpactHound View Post
Speaking of, is arena supposed to be a subscriber perk, or is it available to F2P?
I imagine it'll be very limited (x times per week) if available at all to F2P, since Warzones are going restriction-free.

mmjarec's Avatar


mmjarec
08.30.2013 , 10:17 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
This might be true if PvP were even remotely crucial to the game's continued viability.
Its not pvp only thats a problem. Sins are 2800 dps as best compared to other classes 3200

chuixupu's Avatar


chuixupu
08.30.2013 , 03:03 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ImpactHound View Post
Speaking of, is arena supposed to be a subscriber perk, or is it available to F2P?
Well, Alex Modny did say

Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
Available to anyone Level 10 and up!
He didn't say subscribers....but, it could certainly be clarified, especially regarding ranked teams.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Dathilbor's Avatar


Dathilbor
08.30.2013 , 04:14 PM | #8
This game shouldn't be balanced around PvP because it's a mini game of this mmo. The PvE is the focus and will always be the focus. If something ist in the game for PvE and the pvp'ers say that it's op, then it should have a wz debuff or be deactivated, not be tweaked to such a degree that now we have the tankasins are useless, pts are effed and every crying about smash monkies. (Just a couple examples) The game is being steered wildly out of balance trying to balance it for two different play styles. It is simply not working.

Miggzy's Avatar


Miggzy
08.30.2013 , 05:16 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Dathilbor View Post
This game shouldn't be balanced around PvP because it's a mini game of this mmo. The PvE is the focus and will always be the focus. If something ist in the game for PvE and the pvp'ers say that it's op, then it should have a wz debuff or be deactivated, not be tweaked to such a degree that now we have the tankasins are useless, pts are effed and every crying about smash monkies. (Just a couple examples) The game is being steered wildly out of balance trying to balance it for two different play styles. It is simply not working.
In regards to class balance, I think that this game actually is better off balanced around pvp. You say that Pt's and assassin tanks are useless but isnt that only true in the very highest level of pve content? Like NM mode stuff? If thats the case then it seems like it would be better to focus on making the classes viable in pvp where you have like 50% of the players regularly participating rather than high level pve that casual players have a harder time getting into. PvP might be a mini game but a heck of a lot more people are playing it than are playing the content that is negatively affected by its class balance.
The Harbinger
Roxo-Shockabra-Dirtnasty
Beb˘p-Ham▀urglar-Fromane

Dathilbor's Avatar


Dathilbor
08.30.2013 , 08:32 PM | #10
@Miggzy, I play all classes with an advanced class in each (impside and a couple mirrors) and for ranked and NiM yes they aren't desirable but any class and any spec can do well in regs and HM flash points. The reason PT was nerfed because of the PvP qq, which to me anyway, shouldn't matter to the PvE side of anything. Which I'm cool with because I love tanking on my PT more than any other tank class. Seems more fun to me. But if the classes were all the same since launch and they just wz nerfed some abilities to bring the glaring PvP differences in check, I think the game would be way better off than it is now.