Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Resize new varactyls!

JimG
08.29.2013 , 11:18 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by bibobpipop View Post
When you preview it it has the "right" size, but shrinks once used
The preview is obviously bugged. The actual size is the same size it was in the video and pictures of the mount in action before the release of the CM pack. The one in the preview would be ridiculously big. If anyone thinks they are getting something that size, you might as well lose that idea because it's not going to happen.

saremun
08.29.2013 , 11:40 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
The preview is obviously bugged. The actual size is the same size it was in the video and pictures of the mount in action before the release of the CM pack. The one in the preview would be ridiculously big. If anyone thinks they are getting something that size, you might as well lose that idea because it's not going to happen.
who told you it wont happen?

Dwebacks are coming and if they are at the same size then they will look ridiculous too besides this is more like punishing people for playing with character of Body Size 3-4...

Andryah
08.29.2013 , 11:47 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by saremun View Post
who told you it wont happen?

Dwebacks are coming and if they are at the same size then they will look ridiculous too besides this is more like punishing people for playing with character of Body Size 3-4...
Dude.. you are setting yourself up here for disappointment and missed expectations. Those Dewbacks are very likely going to be too small for your tastes as well.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

TUXs
08.29.2013 , 11:54 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
Uh...the preview is exactly what most people expect. The current size is obviously ridiculously small and NOT what is previewed. It looks funny right now.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Inflicktion
08.29.2013 , 11:58 AM | #15
Agreed before I had one. Although now that I do and have ridden it a bunch (as type 3) I think the size is fine. It'd be nice if it were a little taller, sure, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with the size as is. They aren't as small as some people are making them out to be; it's just that compared to the preview their size is ridiculous. I do hope the Dewbacks are a bit bigger though.

chuixupu
08.29.2013 , 12:09 PM | #16
I'd like them to be scaled a little bigger too, but eh, what can you do. I think they should actually scale with player size.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

bibobpipop
08.29.2013 , 12:18 PM | #17
Lets just see how big a "real" varactyl is, shall we?

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...gaROTS-SWE.png

So if anything is bugged it' defo not the preview-size. Or the ones we ride on are just young varactyls^^

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/...ctyl-mount.jpg

Arenatah
08.29.2013 , 12:36 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Uh...the preview is exactly what most people expect. The current size is obviously ridiculously small and NOT what is previewed. It looks funny right now.
This.
Would be nice to have a big veractyl. I mean, we have huge speeders already, why not some big animals?
It wouldn't even have to be Episode 3 big. Just like dessler mount big would be good enough imho
Retired POT5 Sorc. I failed to heal to full.

RIP IN PIECES ANSALEM. NVR5GET, NEVER5URRENDER.
Beslley - DPS sorc | Arenatah - Snoipah | Nef'arian - DPS op

Andryah
08.29.2013 , 12:44 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I'm on record that I think they should adjust the size up by 20%.... but comeon TUXs.. nobody seriously expected the preview size. Want? oh yeah... for sure some wanted it that big. But even those that wanted.. knew the preview was bugged...as previews are sometimes in this game appearance tab.

What looks funny to me is how NOT_fast the feet move on these things.. when you are "speeding" at 110%. Personally I expected the feet to be more like an iguana on a hot plate doing the /get_meh_outta_here_shuffle.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Darth_Wicked
08.29.2013 , 12:49 PM | #20
I was doing the Section X dailies with a friend yesterday and we ran into two Varactyls, which when compared with the one my friend has, is almost twice as large by far. I guess it's safe to assume that the beastie you seen in the preview window is the one available in the game world, on Section X and Belsavis, not the resized one.

Also, the one we see in the preview has the saddle one, so it shouldn't take that much effort to discard the resize and use the original model for players.
Click here for a FREE character transfer and 7 days of subscription ( Referral Link )
Quote: Originally Posted by Revan and Meetra Surik
She was a great Jedi. My most trusted ally. History remembers her as the Exile. To me, she was... more.