Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Earn the chance to join Star Wars: The Old Republic developers in a Twitch livestream!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Earn the chance to join Star Wars: The Old Republic developers in a Twitch livestream!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MasterFeign
08.29.2013 , 12:09 PM | #11
My main, an assassin, is kind of broken due to the changes on the PTS. Wish I'd have had something earlier done...

DarthVengeant
08.29.2013 , 01:23 PM | #12
Hey look, and other pointless thing Bioware is doing.

Wth would anyone want to watch a stream of people playing a game? PLAY THE GAME.

Drudenfusz
08.29.2013 , 01:34 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
Hey look, and other pointless thing Bioware is doing.

Wth would anyone want to watch a stream of people playing a game? PLAY THE GAME.
Some people are happy with just watching games, this it what makes e-sports work... and of course real sports too!

I think it is good idea from BioWare, I really hope they will go more into the e-sport direction in the future. Sure, plenty of balancing needed and without a doubt a spectator mode. I would like if BioWare would make more huttball like maps and give those maps a separate ranked queue for a huttball league which people could watch, but currently it seems like they are going into the other direction and killing Gilds that have 8-men PvP teams for warzones.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

TantalyS
08.29.2013 , 04:14 PM | #14
Is there any chance that in the rules it will expand to allow people who use OBS to apply? I have been a PVP healer for a long time and wanted to show the live gameplay in full HD from that perspective. I would love to apply and get together a team of dedicated players on the PTS but with the way Xsplit runs maxing out processors like crazy I would most likely never be able to use that without killing my Phenom II X6 1100T(not a shabby processor) even with the watercooling Corsair H70 radiator. I can't afford a new processor and would be terrified to really risk it and overclock it just to run Xsplit when OBS runs soooo well. I can run OBS Full 1080P Bitrate-5000 (but since I am not sponsored I ramp it down so people can view it even while they play so lowered it to 3000-Bitrate) Is there any way maybe people can apply as shout-casters? or apply with their live footage of non PTS PVP videos?

-BTW I do wish I could use Xsplit and I do wish it ran better It would be cool to Day9 stuff and use green screen behind me... would be SICK!!! I would definitely run video of random SWToR characters or scenery behind myself (Sitting in the cantina to name one idea)

Check out the stream for the workforce block of PVP Mon-Wed & Fri 11AM- 4PM Eastern, Sun-Wed & Fri-Sat 7PM-Midnight Eastern!!! All music played on stream is original music written/recorded by my brother or myself.

Stop by The Y.B.C.
Twitch.tv/YangBagginzCast

KarmaForce
08.29.2013 , 04:30 PM | #15
I'd rather see you guys fixing the game instead of this pr crap

MandFlurry
08.29.2013 , 05:48 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
I really wonder why you would need a webcam and giving out your phone number just to get a chance to get the title.
Probably because their are some ppl that might threaten the devs. This is a security measure, in my mind. Other than that, their is no reason.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator

Mindsting
08.29.2013 , 11:17 PM | #17
Would love to help out with this
Consular - 55 Shadow
JediConsular on Twitch
Begeren Colony

Sorwen
08.30.2013 , 07:49 AM | #18
Not that I really care, but I think it is kind of funny PvE gets messed up/step childed for PvP problems and now they are even doing it for PR promotions. That is EAware Star WoW for you.
Forever and always forward.
Please save me from the shortsightedness of developers that think they are clever.
More family tree options
Yeah! I just made Legacy Level 8. (and I didn't even get a T-shirt)

Darth_Cynos
08.30.2013 , 09:23 AM | #19

Luckyluzi
08.30.2013 , 09:43 AM | #20
how should we make a video with arena gameplay from the pts? the pts is dead, there are no teams queing for arena at eu prime time
- Galactics @ ToFN -
Tourian/Schatten Naid/Frontkämpfer
Corm/Hüter Raito/Revolverheld
- Caldera Vermächtnis -