Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can we have another double XP weekend please?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can we have another double XP weekend please?

SteelPiranha
08.28.2013 , 12:11 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Kettu View Post
I support more double-xp weekends. Got my sentinel to 55 last time. Or they could just let xp-buffs to stack.
Ooo I like the xp booster stacking idea!

This might be a really great solution to making most people happy. It would allow you to stack (up to a certain amount) to customize your leveling speed. Whether that be 0% extra for the people wanting to opt out, or up to, say, 200% for anyone wanting to skip some planets.

I like it.

Brucesim
08.28.2013 , 03:04 PM | #12
If they do it, they gotta have an opt out option. It's impossible to keep your gear up to date (thinking cybertech here) when you've outleveled the planet you are on, and you cant gather mats required to update because the current planet is set to drop mats 2 generations out of date.

Master-Nala
08.28.2013 , 03:31 PM | #13
If they would just sell 2x exp items in the CM that would be fine with me. Really want to push those last few alts to 55.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

RaiderMid
08.28.2013 , 03:40 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
If they would just sell 2x exp items in the CM that would be fine with me. Really want to push those last few alts to 55.
Pretty much this. It would kill the rage from people who don't want it.

strallart
08.28.2013 , 04:10 PM | #15
I'm really not understanding on how some people want an opt out option. Really?

Being overlevled is not a problem in SWTOR, how is it a problem? Oh no! You will behind gear wise! HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF MODS?

The game is already incredibly easy without being over leveled, It makes zero difference.

Almost everyone hates leveling in SWTOR. People just want to do the class missions, that's it. Having double XP makes the terrible planetary missions more bearable.

Brucesim
08.28.2013 , 04:28 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by strallart View Post
Almost everyone hates leveling in SWTOR.
So those that don't have to suck the hind t.i.t? I guess having options is not an option, hmmm?

edit: I cant believe t.i.t sans stops is filtered.

Tsillah
08.28.2013 , 04:32 PM | #17
I liked the double xp weekends but I don't want them too often, that wouldn't actually help.

If you are bored with leveling, then what's the point. You go through it faster so you can do endgame? Well endgame gets disrupted every time there is double xp because everybody starts leveling.

So sure, more double xp weekends are a nice idea but not too often pls.
Et In Gehenna Ego Vixi

#RemoveRNG

TravelersWay
08.30.2013 , 08:20 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by strallart View Post
I'm really not understanding on how some people want an opt out option. Really?

Being overlevled is not a problem in SWTOR, how is it a problem? Oh no! You will behind gear wise! HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF MODS?

The game is already incredibly easy without being over leveled, It makes zero difference.

Almost everyone hates leveling in SWTOR. People just want to do the class missions, that's it. Having double XP makes the terrible planetary missions more bearable.
Like Bruce said in the post following yours. You have your way of enjoying the game, others have theirs. Double XP weekends ruin the way I have fun in this game, as it does for many others. You don't like the planetary quests, I find them enjoyable - on every character I play. I find joy in making different selections regardless of whether those choices impacts the outcome or not. I do not enjoy skipping content no matter how many times I may have done it previously nor do I enjoy being so overleveled for said content that it makes the already "incredibly easy" game even more brain dead easier.
Level Syncing Compromise
Legacy Skills Suggestion to eliminate the need for Legacy Datacrons]

Wretched Hive Recap - the SWTOR forum (and more) discussion show!

Viridiana
08.30.2013 , 09:06 AM | #19
I'm all for this, can get a few more toons to 55 then, 11 of them isn't enough, I need more, more I say.

Irongut
08.30.2013 , 10:03 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TravelersWay View Post
No, and just no again, unless they put an off switch on it for those of us who do not want the XP.
I don't play during double XP weekends. Well, I don't play anyone that isn't max level anyway.

Levelling is already far too easy without being way above the planet and class quests you're supposed to be doing.

If you really must do another double XP weekend please include a preference to turn it off.
◄[|||||||█[☼]█[███████████████████████████████████)