Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Series 505 Cybernetic set

Callaron
08.26.2013 , 08:16 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
I don't know about other servers.. but Harbinger is consistently lower GTN prices on weekends for popular items. More PvP on the GTN I guess on weekends.
It seems to hold true for a lot of MMOs that I've played.
I always just blamed it on the supply being higher on weekends, due to more people playing and all.
Though I'm not sure why the "demand" doesn't rise with it.
Maybe it's just more people staying home, and spending the money they'd normally spend going out on the game instead.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

jankiel
08.27.2013 , 09:35 AM | #22
Got to say these armor parts are one of the best to date, and I really like them. Finally I have real cyborg! Behold the warrior with the mechanic hand!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHTVSQ8PyjY
Coris of The Progenitor

branmakmuffin
08.27.2013 , 10:50 AM | #23
I don't know about other servers.. but Harbinger is consistently lower GTN prices on weekends for popular items. More PvP on the GTN I guess on weekends.
Dunno how much it has to do with PvPers, but prices are lower on the weekend on BC, too.

Hunterkat
08.27.2013 , 11:36 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by WarbNull View Post
I have to agree. The Cyborg character creation is a drag. When I think of Cyborg I think of what we have with this new 505 Cybernetic Set, not just a few choices in facial implants. But hey all their modeling in this game is lacking a bit so it is nothing new. At least we now have a way to look like a real Cyborg. The set looks nice. I hope to see more in the future.
I think you misunderstand how the texturing of the armor and bodies work. To make it to where you can select say a cybernetic arm in the character generation it could be done, but 90% of the armors you would find would cover this up. the same with legs, torsos, hands, and feet. So with most armors all those cool textures wouldn't even show.

Now, on that line of thought I guess they could separate the arms from the torso and legs from the groin area and make individual armor parts just for those areas, but look at all that would entail. they would have to make separate pieces for each body part, make sure they line up properly with every other piece of armor, rebalance all stats to take in account of all the pieces... and it just goes on and on. And if you think it's only bad on Bioware's end just think of having to mod each arm, each leg, each foot, each hand....

Armor sets like this are not the next best thing to having the selections in character creation, it is the best thing period for having a cool looking cyborg toon.

Hunterkat
08.28.2013 , 05:05 PM | #25
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7482/whx7.jpg

My Bounty Hunter and her cybernetic sidekick Mako.

Andryah
08.28.2013 , 06:33 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Hunterkat View Post

Well done.

In my case.. I put the full set (including melon ball head) on the companion.. but I roll with Mandalore helment, legs, gloves, and boots on my character.
--------------------- Don't bother. I'm Not Here. ---------------------

Hunterkat
08.28.2013 , 10:36 PM | #27
Well done.

In my case.. I put the full set (including melon ball head) on the companion.. but I roll with Mandalore helment, legs, gloves, and boots on my character.
I love how Mako sounds in conversations now with that slightly mechanical voice, and she didn't even complain much when I cut her head off and replaced it with the robotic one. Of course she was unconscious at the time... But she's good with it now!

I was thinking about getting the white Gree armor and going with just the head and hand but I like my bounty hunter like this. I might make a new trooper once I get the set unlocked in my collections and put her in that with a body type 3. That would look awesome I hope they come out with more sets like this

Kontraz
08.28.2013 , 10:39 PM | #28
I don't really see how this is a bug, just a design oversight. Unfortunately, I doubt there is much that could be done as it is scripted for specific cutscenes to have the head slot hidden.

I know what you mean though. I tend to keep masks or helmets on the majority of my characters. A cut scene will start and suddenly I see their face for the first time in a few weeks and it always catches me off guard.

Hunterkat
08.28.2013 , 11:10 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Kontraz View Post
I don't really see how this is a bug, just a design oversight. Unfortunately, I doubt there is much that could be done as it is scripted for specific cutscenes to have the head slot hidden.

I know what you mean though. I tend to keep masks or helmets on the majority of my characters. A cut scene will start and suddenly I see their face for the first time in a few weeks and it always catches me off guard.
Oh I know it's not a bug, it's working as intended, for helmets. Like I mentioned in the opening post though this really isn't a helmet, but a full head. Take off any chest piece you have on with this part and look closely at it and you would agree.

what I'm asking is that since this is different from a helmet that the Devs code it to where if a character is wearing it that it doesn't come off during cutscenes. Or maybe give us a toggle on it to make it not come off during cutscenes.

Suntaru
08.28.2013 , 11:47 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Hunterkat View Post

Very Cool. I was thinking of that on my BH. I was also thinking of a whole squad of Cyborg Troopers. lol