Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Series 505 Cybernetic set

GalaxyStrong
08.26.2013 , 02:04 PM | #11
Instead of it being armor I would like to see Cybernetic Limbs as part of the character creator. I would really like to change one of my arms into a Robotic Arm.
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

Lumpyone
08.26.2013 , 02:09 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
This set is very well done and popular, so I'm sure we will see more variants on it to mix and match in the future. In the meantime.. mix and match with other armor to work around things you don't like about the 505.
This ^^
A guildie put the full set on his Commando and it looks awesome, however, the ability of this set to work well with others by mixing and matching pieces is what I love about it the most.

One one of my toons I just put the Concealed Bodysuit set on but replaced the gloves with the 505 gloves. You can see the Concealed bodysuit bracers under the 505 gloves and with a secondary gray dye to the Concealed bodysuit chest, it's just amazing. A very Logan's Run look with just 1 cybernetic hand as he clutches his lightsaber is awesome!

I'm looking forward to doing similar with other toons to help augment various looks. I'm just trying to decide if I want to buy the whole set for my collections, then add individual pieces to toons as desired, or just put each piece I want individually.

Lunafox
08.26.2013 , 04:05 PM | #13
Yeah, it's nice to see the humour in the series 505. You have to pay 'arm and a leg' to get the armour that's missing an arm and a leg. I won't be, cause I think it's ugly, personally, but hey for those who love it, more power to ya. lol
Bioware! Make Lord Scourge MATTER in KOTET!
The Foundation of All Desire
Spy Vs. Spy
Marr

ZXFiveNineAFour
08.26.2013 , 04:28 PM | #14
I like the utility of the set. Heck, my juggernaut is going to save the 505 helm for pseudo rp purposes.

Spoiler

Benfynyn
08.26.2013 , 04:29 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

After some investigation, it appears that there was some miscommunication between teams and this patch note was not intended to be included in this last patch.

Hunterkat
08.26.2013 , 04:35 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
I know this may be a shocking concept.... /bug_report it!

And then be patient. There have been gear bugs inside convo scenes since launch. Personally, I report them then I dismiss them and overlook them as I can clearly see how pesky they can be to squash. Convos are a separate sub_engine with in the client.....we are lucky helmets show up ever in convos IMO, especially on companions, considering how many variables there are (and more every day with new gear, color matching, dyes, etc).

bug_report early, bug_report often, play the game. IMO.
I don't think the helmet removal during conversations is a bug but working as intended. The devs can correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like most companion conversations and some other ones it is meant for the characters to remove their helmets, but this set has a cybernetic head, not a helmet. That is why I think it should have a special set of rules for it.

Lumpyone
08.26.2013 , 05:10 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Benfynyn View Post
Here are a few screens of my agent with the legs and secondary grey added to chest + unify.
That's a great look with just the leg. Nicely done. =)

I'll have to post pictures later of my toon with just the hand later.

Lumpyone
08.26.2013 , 05:13 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Yeah, it's nice to see the humour in the series 505. You have to pay 'arm and a leg' to get the armour that's missing an arm and a leg. I won't be, cause I think it's ugly, personally, but hey for those who love it, more power to ya. lol
I just checked prices on Harbinger for the 505 pieces, and you're not far off on the cost of the pieces atm. Chest and Legs along would set me back 1.5mil credits. Not too bad honestly, but makes me glad there is the Collections option to make other copies later.

Lunafox
08.26.2013 , 06:10 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Hunterkat View Post
I don't think the helmet removal during conversations is a bug but working as intended. The devs can correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like most companion conversations and some other ones it is meant for the characters to remove their helmets, but this set has a cybernetic head, not a helmet. That is why I think it should have a special set of rules for it.
You're right, it is working as intended, because, put it this way, it'd be hard to kiss your romance companion when you're bumping helms.
Bioware! Make Lord Scourge MATTER in KOTET!
The Foundation of All Desire
Spy Vs. Spy
Marr

Andryah
08.26.2013 , 07:53 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Lumpyone View Post
I just checked prices on Harbinger for the 505 pieces, and you're not far off on the cost of the pieces atm. Chest and Legs along would set me back 1.5mil credits. Not too bad honestly, but makes me glad there is the Collections option to make other copies later.
I don't know about other servers.. but Harbinger is consistently lower GTN prices on weekends for popular items. More PvP on the GTN I guess on weekends.

So if 1.5 is a little steep for you.. wait until the weekend IMO. I picked up the full set on Harbinger over the weekend for a little under 1.5. I noticed this morning though.. that prices were up from the weekend.. particularly on the head and chest pieces. I'd be surprised though if a full set ever goes much below 1.5...but with Collections.. it's less of an issue now days.
"We don't see the world as it is. We see the world as WE are." ~Anais Nin