Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware AUSTIN has some PR issues right now.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bioware AUSTIN has some PR issues right now.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tyrth
08.25.2013 , 10:54 PM | #11
Well..my main is a PT so I know full well WE ALL have a perception problem. Once they cracked the case and revealed the problem was my perception, the next step was all about solutions. You simply have 3 choices not in any particular order of epic win..

1.) L2P

2.) make them pay for trying to kill you..

3.) Heal to full....

That is all...mind blown?..it should be...

CrazyMcGee
08.25.2013 , 11:27 PM | #12
I don't see what is wrong with BW's answers. People keep quoting the "heal to full", but that seemed like a reasonable point to me.

And the answer didn't seem condescending or rude. If you ask a question, you may not get the answer you want. BW never promised to agree with the community on everything. It's still their game and they can balance the classes as they think best.

Prototypemind
08.25.2013 , 11:32 PM | #13
Crazy suits you well =p

Tyrth
08.25.2013 , 11:32 PM | #14
Or not balance them until several patches after they introduce 2.4

chuixupu
08.26.2013 , 01:16 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by oaceen View Post
i have a lot of mixed feelings about this, but this reminds me a lot about the 'stunlocking operatives' comment from last year, which i think was taken a little out of context and blown out of proportion at the time.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that remembers that. That line was actually kind of funny, though. And a lot more ridiculous.

Overall, good response, I feel that too many have been too full of emotion and hyperbole to really give a constructive counter argument.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

tensaix
08.26.2013 , 01:49 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyMcGee View Post
I don't see what is wrong with BW's answers. People keep quoting the "heal to full", but that seemed like a reasonable point to me.

And the answer didn't seem condescending or rude. If you ask a question, you may not get the answer you want. BW never promised to agree with the community on everything. It's still their game and they can balance the classes as they think best.
Only class that is currently broken is Vanguard/Pyro as a dps. While other tank specced class such as Guardian/Jugg, Shadow/Assassin can contribute as dps in ops and pvp aspect while vanguard/pyro dps is non-existant. Dev. failing to acknowledge this issue clearly tells me that they haven't played as a dps vanguard.
It doesn't really bother me since I only use Vanguard as a tank, but It's still hilarious to see "working as intended" response from dev.
Radix malorum est EA

Karkais
08.26.2013 , 02:03 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Tyrth View Post
Honestly, as most all of us have done since the beginning I'm just going to roll with it. Nothing in their response to any question was a surprise at all....AT...ALL.
You either roll with it or unsubscribe. If you get 10% of playerbase to unsubscribe because of something Bioware has done, I guarantee they will consider it a real problem.

I agree with others the answers to PT questions were lame.

edit: sorcerer questions even more so.
"Lieutenant, be advised that your weapon will require several decades of sustained fire
in order to penetrate my shields at their current charge... Good luck!"
- M1-4X

Nyaara
08.26.2013 , 02:05 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyMcGee View Post
I don't see what is wrong with BW's answers. People keep quoting the "heal to full", but that seemed like a reasonable point to met.
Yep, i found the answers very well explained and and i think they are right. Most of the whinning is due L2P. And even if i knew im not a skilled player, i should know that classes like Sages, for example, and by design, are harder to master than a Gunslinger. Or in PvP, Sawbones are easier than Seers but in PvE, Seer shines.

People should realize than some classes are easier to play than others. And f you wanna play a Sage DPS, for example, in PvP and you are not good, the problem is not the class itself but you.

Apache
08.26.2013 , 02:26 AM | #19
Im no fanboy. In fact Im usually on the fence regarding Bioware/EA in regards to how they manage this game.

But I read the entire thing and I didnt see anything that I would consider rude or condescending or even insulting. In fact I think that they were pretty straight forward, to the point, and honest about their intentions for once and they actually tackled some serious questions this time. Which is kind of amazing to me.

As far as the PvP topic I cant comment. I dont PvP so I have no input on it. But as far as the PvE is concerned I think they made some valid points. Im not saying that I agreed or disagreed with what they said but I could see where they were coming from and the points that they made actually made sense.

aeterno
08.26.2013 , 02:42 AM | #20
if by "right now" you mean "since 2011" then yea, they do.