Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SG Breaks Bioware (16-Man)

ArissArgile
08.21.2013 , 06:14 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
I am glad bioware made these changes and is making an effort to improve the game and have players actually beat the mechanics instead of ignoring them.
Just like your guild ignored NiM Dread Guards by turning it down to HM because you weren't good enough to kill it on NiM?

Holdt
08.21.2013 , 06:17 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
You believing and you doing are 2 different things. In 8m you can't burn thrasher from 50% to dead while ignoring snipers maybe you should try it in 8m. That or next week do it with clearing the sniper nests instead of ignoring them.
I am glad bioware made these changes and is making an effort to improve the game and have players actually beat the mechanics instead of ignoring them.
Let's see the alternative. Why don't the excessively talented members of DNT kill Thrasher our way, since clearly its so easy. Maybe the reason you can't burn Thrasher like that on 8m is because your dps just isn't up to par?

Shandellon
08.21.2013 , 06:40 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by ArissArgile View Post
Just like your guild ignored NiM Dread Guards by turning it down to HM because you weren't good enough to kill it on NiM?
Hey, you can't blame them. Fight was MATHEMATICALLY IMPOSSIBLE!!
Cyntia - Sage Healer Hp - Gunsliger Dps
<Not Good Enough>/<FriendlyFire> @ ToFN

Ansalem
08.21.2013 , 06:44 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Holdt View Post
Let's see the alternative. Why don't the excessively talented members of DNT kill Thrasher our way, since clearly its so easy. Maybe the reason you can't burn Thrasher like that on 8m is because your dps just isn't up to par?
I guess when you are good enough to overcome the mechanics you don't have to try to burn thrasher through sniper nests. I guess you should try it in 8m and tell me how it goes I'm only used to doing it the normal way:P
The changes to warlords and to thrasher I feel are good changes though it definitely seems like they made it much easier in 16m to clear the sniper nests and have that extra time to finish off the boss.

FridgeLM
08.21.2013 , 06:47 PM | #35
Your world rank in the TFB 8man thread is 15th. You don't get credit for firsts when you have to skip bosses in order to get them because your raid wasn't good enough to kill it.
We don't recognize (and stopped participating in) that progression thread because we disagree with the rules set by the people running it, rules that conveniently favor the decisions of the guilds writing and participating in it. I'm sure if we were running it it'd be the opposite.

It's supremely arrogant to act like the arbiter of who gets credit for what. Our position is we killed the bosses in question before anyone else in the world, which is still true.

If you were intellectually consistent you'd renounce any claim to having cleared 16m NiM SnV past and including Thrasher because you're obviously not doing Thrasher in the intended way - killing the boss by ignoring half of the fight because it's undertuned in certain ways for your raid size, and your raid is apparently "not good enough to kill" it the right way.
<Death and Taxes>

ArissArgile
08.21.2013 , 06:55 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by FridgeLM View Post
We don't recognize that progression thread because we disagree with the rules set by the people running it, rules that conveniently favor the position of the guilds writing and participating in it. I'm sure if we were running it it'd be the opposite.

It's supremely arrogant to act like the arbiter of who gets credit for what. Our position is we killed the bosses in question before anyone else in the world, which is still true.

If you were intellectually consistent you'd renounce any claim to having cleared 16m NiM SnV past and including Thrasher because you're obviously not doing Thrasher in the intended way - killing the boss by ignoring half of the fight because it's undertuned in certain ways for your raid size, and your raid is apparently "not good enough to kill" it the right way.
I'm sorry DnT is a joke compared to what it used to be in WoW, that must be emotionally challenging to handle. Changing a difficulty and finding a different way to kill something are two totally different things. Pretty much the entire raiding community, except for yourselves of coarse (that speaks volumes), voiced their opinion that turning a boss fight difficulty down to get by it nullifies credit for future kills. Not participating in the next progression race just shows your raids lack of confidence in itself to compete for the world firsts.

Holdt
08.21.2013 , 06:58 PM | #37
If you were intellectually consistent you would realize that the bosses were intended to be killed in the order in which they were placed in the instance.

paowee
08.21.2013 , 07:00 PM | #38
We don't recognize (and stopped participating in) that progression thread because we disagree with the rules set by the people running it, rules that conveniently favor the decisions of the guilds writing and participating in it. I'm sure if we were running it it'd be the opposite.

What if the ranking was something like

Code:
                                   guild 1       guild 2       guild 3        guild 4 
boss 1                        1st             2nd            3rd             4th
boss 2                        1st             2nd            3rd             4th
boss 3                        2nd            1st             4th             3rd
final boss/full clear     2nd            1st            3rd             4th
title                             3rd             4th           1st              2nd

*with timestamps
**no points
So this way you can easily say......

Guild 2, world 1st full clear
Guild 1 world 1st boss1 and boss2, world 2nd full clear
Guild 3 world 1st title run
Guild 4 world 2nd title run
etc etc

Is there a detriment to a simple tracking method like this?

p.s. also there has to be some sort of "agreement" thoguh; no HM skipping to down the easier bosses. BW after all said they are working to separate the HM and NiM mode lockouts so might as well run through the full instance in NiM.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

FridgeLM
08.21.2013 , 07:04 PM | #39
I'm sorry DnT is a joke compared to what it used to be in WoW, that must be emotionally challenging to handle. Changing a difficulty and finding a different way to kill something are two totally different things. Pretty much the entire raiding community, except for yourselves of coarse (that speaks volumes), voiced their opinion that turning a boss fight difficulty down to get by it nullifies credit for future kills. Not participating in the next progression race just shows your raids lack of confidence in itself to compete for the world firsts.
People who post on the forums are not "the entire raiding community," I assure you. The forum population is miniscule compared to the number of people running ops, and the player base at large.

I will note you entirely ignored where I dissected your position and showed you to be a hypocrite.

Quote:
If you were intellectually consistent you would realize that the bosses were intended to be killed in the order in which they were placed in the instance.
Except I don't take your position on the ranking system, so I am perfectly intellectually consistent. You should think that out a little more.
<Death and Taxes>

IrishChu
08.21.2013 , 07:53 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by JDotter View Post
This gon be good.

brb popcorn
This thread has delivered!
Braedenz - 55 Gunslinger - Prophecy of the Five