Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Cybertech] Elite CZ-127 and Elite CZ-144 Droid Gear

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Cybertech] Elite CZ-127 and Elite CZ-144 Droid Gear

Benfynyn
08.20.2013 , 09:10 AM | #1
In General Discussion we've been talking about the new droid schematics bought with the Czerka rep. Here's the thread.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=673087

Specifically, how the stats on the pieces are significantly less than those of Arkanian pieces despite the fact that the droid gear carries the same armor rating as Kell Dragon pieces.

I'm posting this here so that hopefully the BW/EA team that is responsible for crafting can comment as to whether or not this is working as intended or an oversight/bug that will be later fixed.
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

After some investigation, it appears that there was some miscommunication between teams and this patch note was not intended to be included in this last patch.

Screaming_Ziva
08.20.2013 , 09:38 AM | #2
Another question would be why are there identical schematics with different names?

Elite CZ-127 Primary Core
Core
+141 Aim
+141 Endurance
+101 Power
+86 Surge

Elite CZ-127 Secondary Core
Core
+141 Aim
+141 Endurance
+101 Power
+86 Surge

Makes no sense.

Benfynyn
08.20.2013 , 09:50 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
Another question would be why are there identical schematics with different names?

Elite CZ-127 Primary Core
Core
+141 Aim
+141 Endurance
+101 Power
+86 Surge

Elite CZ-127 Secondary Core
Core
+141 Aim
+141 Endurance
+101 Power
+86 Surge

Makes no sense.
Well, I'm not sure I want to buy these just to test it out but I think it might mean that you cannot equip 2 primary cores but instead one of each. I'm hoping we can get some comments from them to clarify these issues.

Right now, they are clearly a bad buy. Which is unfortunate.

After some investigation, it appears that there was some miscommunication between teams and this patch note was not intended to be included in this last patch.

Arlon_Nabarlly
08.20.2013 , 10:52 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Benfynyn View Post
Well, I'm not sure I want to buy these just to test it out but I think it might mean that you cannot equip 2 primary cores but instead one of each. I'm hoping we can get some comments from them to clarify these issues.

Right now, they are clearly a bad buy. Which is unfortunate.
I don't think this is correct. I thought they did this with a previous set where there were 2 identical pieces named primary and secondary and you could have two primaries and two secondaries. I think it's just another sign that droid gear was very poorly thought out and needs a major rework.
Support Legacy Wide Datacrons
It's a secret to everybody:
54 68 65 20 31 34 31 20 31 35 36 20 31 36 33 20 31 36 37 20 31 34 35 20 31 36 32 20 69 73 20 30 30 31 31 30 31 30 30 30 30 31 31 30 30 31 30

Benfynyn
08.20.2013 , 11:13 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
I don't think this is correct. I thought they did this with a previous set where there were 2 identical pieces named primary and secondary and you could have two primaries and two secondaries. I think it's just another sign that droid gear was very poorly thought out and needs a major rework.
Sigh. Of course you're probably right on that. Just sloppy work in general. I was looking at the older droid gear, the new stuff that came out with Makeb, and the two tiers they introduced with CZ-198 and it seems like it's following its own progression model.

TopAceOfEarth
08.27.2013 , 12:59 PM | #6
I too am very disappointed by the Elite CZ-127, i bought all the schematics and made them, but the stats are only marginal better (except for armor rating) then the purple 66 armor, mods and enhancements I had crafted.

I feel like BW cheated me out of a million credits + 8* 8 Beryllius and 8 Isotobe 5, not counted the Augmentation kits used
Hal'cyon Legacy
Dark Side? I've been there, do your worst!

Refer a Friend Code

Benfynyn
08.29.2013 , 09:25 AM | #7
Still hoping for a comment from BW/EA as to whether or not these stats are an error or working as intended. To reiterate; these droids parts have the Armor rating associated with Kell Dragon gear but stats that are worse than Arkanian and that's arguably an error.

With all the gold posts over the last few days it would be nice to see some love for Crew Skills and specifically in this case the Cybertechs.

Sindariel
08.29.2013 , 06:14 PM | #8
Those new Droid pieces are so bad that no one wants to buy them.
They currently cost less than 400k on the GTN on my server., when the materials alone are worth 350k.
And they don't sell!
People won't even trade them for mats. It's "not worth", they say...

morfius
08.30.2013 , 06:25 AM | #9
Anti-droid movement score again.
CT is just collateral damage.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

Andyjhaley
09.01.2013 , 06:01 AM | #10
Quote:
Ye, good luck with that!