Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Arena Report


Savej's Avatar


Savej
08.19.2013 , 12:14 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by TheCourier- View Post
Most SWTOR players hate marauders, that is part of why there are so many "nerf smash QQ" threads on the forums. If annihilation was massively buffed, then marauder would have two viable specs. Right now, the only viable spec for marauder is rage. The only viable spec for operative for ranked right now is medicine. That is part of the reason that so many marauders are rage spec and so many operatives are medicine spec. Until annihilation gets buffed (carnage is fine for PVE, but carnage does not work for PVP because there are too many stuns in PVP) there will be a ton of rage specced players. Rage is the only marauder spec that is relatively unaffected by stuns. Annihilation is actually worse than pyrotech powertech is right now.
I don't think it's "most players", but yeah, the crybabies looking for something to squeal/troll about will pick them first nowadays. Most of them stopped for a month or two after 2.0 when the spec was nerfed, but now they're back again. Short of a class redesign, the basic complaint isn't going anywhere. Carnage is a very good spec for pvp (and arenas) right now - I'll definitely be using it on one of my chars at least.

Xinika's Avatar


Xinika
08.19.2013 , 12:32 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
Indeed. Carnage is my absolute favorite Marauder spec for PvP.
Carnage is selectively effective. Smash is universally effective.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

Laforet's Avatar


Laforet
08.19.2013 , 12:33 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
Carnage is selectively effective. Smash is universally effective.
More like "carnage is a powerful situational spec with clear strengths and weaknesses that requires a chosing a particular coherent playstile to not make it look weak".

And smash is just "yolo swag".
Believer - Seer - Fatman - RETIRED

Some people once said i was arrogant. The state of sorc healing throught RotHC taught me humility. Bioware made me a better person.

Evolixe's Avatar


Evolixe
08.19.2013 , 12:34 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Laforet View Post
More like "carnage is a powerful situational spec with clear strengths and weaknesses that requires a chosing a particular coherent playstile to not make it look weak".

And smash is just "yolo swag".
Perfect analogy. I love you.
Evolixe [ToFN/The Harbinger] Exilove
PvE AMR - Livestream - PvP AMR - BiS PvP Mad/Bal - BiS PvP Dec/Infi
Quote:
Open yourself to suggestions from others.
There is so much to be learned from other people no matter how good you are.

Xinika's Avatar


Xinika
08.19.2013 , 12:38 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Laforet View Post
More like "carnage is a powerful situational spec with clear strengths and weaknesses that requires a chosing a particular coherent playstile to not make it look weak".

And smash is just "yolo swag".
This post made me smile irl.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

Shadow-scale's Avatar


Shadow-scale
08.19.2013 , 03:04 PM | #46
Don't nerf my smash bro

Tankqull's Avatar


Tankqull
08.19.2013 , 03:27 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadow-scale View Post
Don't nerf my smash bro
have no fear, the may nerf smash but will buff ragespec in the same step.

CmdrCD's Avatar


CmdrCD
08.19.2013 , 04:35 PM | #48
"Jugg Tank is mandatory, although VG can substitute this spot with almost complete efficiency. Shadow tanks are absolutely horrible and their PvE issues are actually shining in Arena more than before. But this also brings up the other issue: How exactly would you tone down Juggernauts to make the other two tanks more applicable? Or should we just buff the other two? (Especially Assassin) By default, Juggernauts in their design are superior in tanking, so how would you make the others comparable?"


I got an easy fix for this one.
Force pull becomes a base skill for assassins (Deception needs it more than tank anyways) and the vacant talent becomes replaced by a talent with an awesome name that decreases the soak dmg from guard by 20%. (number can be higher/lower, was just writing down what seemed to be reasonable at first thought).
Turrican 55 Assassin

POT5 PVP

Evolixe's Avatar


Evolixe
08.19.2013 , 04:45 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by CmdrCD View Post
"Jugg Tank is mandatory, although VG can substitute this spot with almost complete efficiency. Shadow tanks are absolutely horrible and their PvE issues are actually shining in Arena more than before. But this also brings up the other issue: How exactly would you tone down Juggernauts to make the other two tanks more applicable? Or should we just buff the other two? (Especially Assassin) By default, Juggernauts in their design are superior in tanking, so how would you make the others comparable?"


I got an easy fix for this one.
Force pull becomes a base skill for assassins (Deception needs it more than tank anyways) and the vacant talent becomes replaced by a talent with an awesome name that decreases the soak dmg from guard by 20%. (number can be higher/lower, was just writing down what seemed to be reasonable at first thought).
I think pull on all specs would be a little OP. Atleast without having to sacrifice anything for it. And to be completely honest with you.. what do we really need it for? Aside from huttball I really don't see any reason whatsoever.
Evolixe [ToFN/The Harbinger] Exilove
PvE AMR - Livestream - PvP AMR - BiS PvP Mad/Bal - BiS PvP Dec/Infi
Quote:
Open yourself to suggestions from others.
There is so much to be learned from other people no matter how good you are.

waterboytkd's Avatar


waterboytkd
08.19.2013 , 05:00 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Laforet View Post
More like "carnage is a powerful situational spec with clear strengths and weaknesses that requires a chosing a particular coherent playstile to not make it look weak".

And smash is just "yolo swag".
Nice.