Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Arena Report

anwg
08.21.2013 , 09:42 AM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by ObiWanJabroni View Post
Regarding smash:

Just curious, because I'm seeing a lot of opinions that could lead me to believe either..

When people are calling for smash to be nerfed, do you mean Marauder smash or are you including Jugg in there as well? Its my opinion that Guardian/Jugg isn't nearly as bad as Mara/Sent, mostly because of the defensive cooldowns/group utility the Mara brings to the table. The situational tanking is nice, but its hardly exclusive to the class. The positioning is really good on the Jugg/Guardian, but it really takes skill to make it as useful as it can be.

Only reason I bring this up is because considering what I've saw in the past, every time they gut a spec to fix it they usually break the shared spec for the other advanced class. I just don't want another PT/Merc situation on our hands.
Actually I think Jug smash is almost balanced, damage is a bit over the top but the class is pretty squishy once saber ward is gone.

Smash marauder is way too over the top. Which is why I think ravager should be switched with decimate, so the squishier class gets compensated with better damage.

Xinika
08.21.2013 , 11:22 AM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by anwg View Post
Actually I think Jug smash is almost balanced, damage is a bit over the top but the class is pretty squishy once saber ward is gone.

Smash marauder is way too over the top. Which is why I think ravager should be switched with decimate, so the squishier class gets compensated with better damage.
This is what I don't get. The difference between Jugg / Mara smash is almost night and day. Jugg smash performs like it should - high burst, high risk. Mara smash performs like... godmode.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

SgtDukes
08.21.2013 , 12:15 PM | #133
And so begins the balancing dance I dreaded with the introduction of Arena style pvp.

Xinika
08.21.2013 , 12:47 PM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by SgtDukes View Post
And so begins the balancing dance I dreaded with the introduction of Arena style pvp.
The balance is not awful but the irks are still there. Godcomp can be defeated, dongcleave can be defeated. Operative healers can be killed. There just needs to be some slight adjustments such as tune ups and tune downs on certain specs.
Assassin Representative
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

SgtDukes
08.21.2013 , 01:32 PM | #135
I understand small adjustments.

I am just too much of a cynic to believe the adjustments will be handled proportionally.

Xinika
08.21.2013 , 01:48 PM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by SgtDukes View Post
I understand small adjustments.

I am just too much of a cynic to believe the adjustments will be handled proportionally.
Understandable.
Assassin Representative
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

Alizaro
08.21.2013 , 03:13 PM | #137
Warrior here. Awaiting suggestions for our imminent nerf. So if I'm reading correctly marauder most specifically "smash" marauders need a nerf and op heals need a nerf.

I'm honestly surprised to hear people say smash jug is bearable but marauder is not. I personally feel the taunts, knockback and reflect make the juggernaut superior to the marauder . I personally canned the marauder a few months back.

So since this is a not so thinly disguised nerf post what would the masses suggest we do about it? I do see a bit of irony, this request coming from the class rep of what has "arguably" been the dominant pvp class since launch.
Prophecy of the Five

Dark Force Rising (Témper, Shaddo, Tempermental, Alizar) 375 vr

Evolixe
08.21.2013 , 03:22 PM | #138
It's because you can actually kill a juggernaut without having to try 5 times over before actually even being able to succeed.
Evolixe [ToFN/PoT5] Exilove
PvE AMR - Livestream - PvP AMR - BiS PvP Mad/Bal - BiS PvP Dec/Infi
Quote:
Open yourself to suggestions from others.
There is so much to be learned from other people no matter how good you are.

xContex
08.21.2013 , 03:53 PM | #139
2x Mara 1x Jugg 1x Op isn't the best comp. It is the easiest comp to be competitive. It isn't the best. When I was fooling around with different comps I steam rolled them with 1x Mara 1x Sin DPS 1x Op 1x Jugg.

Honestly if they kept 2.4 the way it is currently I simply cannot WAIT for it to go live. All those believers in 2x smash will have a rude awakening.
Scyn Azadeh Inspra
The Sovereign Legacy

PhatMcMuffins
08.21.2013 , 04:36 PM | #140
Run op heals without 2 smashers against op heals with 2 smashers. Op heals isn't the problem. 2 aoe mezzes with 7-10k aoe attacks are the problem. Merc healing needs a buff and sorcs need a better defensive cd or something to add survivability to the heals tree (maybe something that increases damage reduction or armor rating. or maybe a proc'd defensive buff attached to a something)

and on op heals being easy to play. Its easy to be average, but not everyone is Scold or Hood-rat.

Sounds like an op healer getting defensive right? Well mind you I also play merc and commando heals along with other classes.

Troll away.

Wakalord for president
<Tihaaroholics>
Qarum - Deal-with'it - Dazkkum - Palpatíne - Eight-six