Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Plz make tankasins not suck

mmjarec
08.18.2013 , 11:43 AM | #1
Compared to the other tanks they are a joke yet you give a dps class named assassin a tank spec that is half arsed and continually avoid buffing their crap tank tree that is only decent for pvp or give them any survivability in dps spec that isnt even anything other than the worst dps out of any class

Theres nothing better than being an assassin that slowly tanks someone to death

kirorx
08.18.2013 , 11:48 AM | #2
Take out that stupid Holocrons spinning around my character animation while we are on the topic

Dark ward looked fine before now I don't even use my sin tank
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

Cripplers
08.18.2013 , 11:52 AM | #3
Inb4lrn2play
Pewpew

mmjarec
08.18.2013 , 12:37 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Cripplers View Post
Inb4lrn2play
Its not a matter of l2p its a matter of the fact anything a sin can do other classes can do it better thus theres really nothing unique about them or reason to play them.
Dps. Nope
Stealth. Nope
Tanking. Nope

So really why are they even there they have 0 usefulness

Cripplers
08.18.2013 , 12:39 PM | #5
I'll bite.

Lrn2play
Pewpew

Drudenfusz
08.18.2013 , 01:09 PM | #6
Guess the assissin tank must be not the mirrow class of the shadow tank, because even after all the nerfs my class had over the time, I still don't think it is bad... sure would BioWare buff my class I wouldn't complain, but I am fine that we are not the favour of the month class and that I have actually to know how to play and not just faceroll everyone.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

evodude
08.18.2013 , 01:12 PM | #7
As a healer ive never had a problem healing a assassin tank or any tank class, i have had problems healing ppl who cant play there class right though

mmjarec
08.18.2013 , 01:41 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by evodude View Post
As a healer ive never had a problem healing a assassin tank or any tank class, i have had problems healing ppl who cant play there class right though
I never said it was a problem tanking i can tank fine too it is just not as good as other tanks they are more spikey and have fewer tank role beneficial things to do. Why tank with a sin when a jug can do the same easier and with less hp lost. It matters in harder encounters like ops i think that their trees should be on par with other classes trees of the same thing. A light armor dps that is worse dps than a medium armor dps makes no sense just cuz you see a big maul spike doesnt mean good dps. Their survivability is crap in dps spec and in tank spec their dps is crap and tanking is subpar so what is the benefit of a sin more squish less dmg. Sign me up

evodude
08.18.2013 , 02:09 PM | #9
why should i heal on my sorc when i can heal better on my operative? why should i dps on my merc when i can dps better on my maruader?

i enjoy all roles for what they can do an i play all roles for what they can give, i'll say it more clearly, our guild MT is a assassin and i have never ever had a problem healing it ever, because the person in control knows how to play the character.

I've tried to heal assassins where the person in control just cant play the character an that is when problems begin, but again the same can be said for any tank, the problem is probably more likely the assassin is not as forgivable to the person in control or to the healers when not played right

Eshmael
08.18.2013 , 02:13 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Cripplers View Post
I'll bite.

Lrn2play
+1

We are raiding with 2 shadows NiM and thats absolutely perfect.
Kiting with speed, vanish at the right time, and other things you can avoid some essential mechanics. Thats what the shadow makes better then every other tankclass.
The "Esh" Legacy - LVL 690