Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Updated: How to Become a Contender

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Updated: How to Become a Contender

Atomitor
08.05.2013 , 09:30 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by glocklB View Post
War hero is not useless at all, I didn't compare it closely to pve stuff, but it's just insignificantly worse then partisan gear.

PS: useless gear is all obsolete pvp-gear below war hero, such as battlemaster, recruit, centurion, etc.
cheers for that i'll swap out any battlemaster stuff i have left and keep warhero then, hopefully by the time i get from 50-55 i'll have loads of stuff to spend
Proud founder of New A~ge Faith
can be found playing various Ato' **** toons

TechTheHic
08.05.2013 , 09:54 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by glocklB View Post
War hero is not useless at all, I didn't compare it closely to pve stuff, but it's just insignificantly worse then partisan gear.

PS: useless gear is all obsolete pvp-gear below war hero, such as battlemaster, recruit, centurion, etc.
Yeah. Probably need this right up there in the guide in bold. Seems that there is often confusion about older PvP gear for returning players. Just in general how anything prior to partisan that still has expertise in it fubars your stats.

ManiacDavis
08.05.2013 , 10:11 AM | #23
Thanks everyone for making this a sticky so quickly!!! I plan to add a resolve guide this weekend and hopefully an arena section once bioware gets around to releasing that dev post.
Man-iac - The Only Commando Left Standing
http://www.twitch.tv/rrmaniac

L-RANDLE
08.05.2013 , 10:32 AM | #24
Ray Tango approves this message..

Oh and Rambo is still a wussy...
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

RattyRattail
08.05.2013 , 02:03 PM | #25
Perhaps a note in the "1) Daillies, Commendations, and Valor" section as to the different requirements for the dailies at 55 and sub 55. Sub 55 only requires 1 win or 2 losses. Also, no mention of the weekly quests in here. Sub 55 3 wins, @ 55 9 wins. I did see you make mention of it further down in the write-up, but possibly putting up top in the daily section might be a better place for it. Good write up btw
Makoan Legacy (Jedi Covenant)
JavŠn - 55 Sniper | Dhiya - 55 Shadow
CŠde - 55 Gunslinger | Nermall - 55 Assassin

CrygonFreeze
08.05.2013 , 09:30 PM | #26
Very well done, sir.

/bow
Just call me Mr. Miller

KillaDeuce
08.31.2013 , 01:51 PM | #27
So was that a no thanks about adding my thread in there?
Situational Awareness: improve your Unranked WZ experience
Charric - sniper - POT5 / Bastion
Verbšl - PT - POT5 / Bastion

ManiacDavis
08.31.2013 , 06:17 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by KillaDeuce View Post
So was that a no thanks about adding my thread in there?
I've been very busy with school and am in the process of updating this thread for the release of 2.4. I was going to add your stuff with my 2.4 updates on Oct. 1st with the release of 2.4. I am definitely still interested!!!

Also, if anyone has any cool tutorial videos of the new arenas, I'd love to add them. Let me know.
Man-iac - The Only Commando Left Standing
http://www.twitch.tv/rrmaniac

KillaDeuce
09.01.2013 , 12:14 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by ManiacDavis View Post
I've been very busy with school and am in the process of updating this thread for the release of 2.4. I was going to add your stuff with my 2.4 updates on Oct. 1st with the release of 2.4. I am definitely still interested!!!

Also, if anyone has any cool tutorial videos of the new arenas, I'd love to add them. Let me know.
Ok, sounds good.
Situational Awareness: improve your Unranked WZ experience
Charric - sniper - POT5 / Bastion
Verbšl - PT - POT5 / Bastion

Cunobelin
09.06.2013 , 07:32 PM | #30
And what do we get once we complete all of this? Oh yes....nothing. It is STILL just a game, people.