Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Treasure Hunting] Impeccable Yellow/Orange Crystals are for what?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Treasure Hunting] Impeccable Yellow/Orange Crystals are for what?

Aeruhl
07.30.2013 , 06:49 PM | #1
I'm finding these things in Secure Crates from seeker droid digs. I have never seen one from actual Treasure Hunting, though they would fit that crew skill by logic.

Can someone please tell me what they are used for? I am unable to find information anywhere online. They must serve some purpose or they wouldn't exist.

Is there a new tier of crafted color crystals on the way? If so what will become of special cartel crystals and rare crystal schematics learned from RE?

Bioware, an answer from the horses mouth would be particularly appreciated.

Please and thank you.

AshlaBoga
07.30.2013 , 08:44 PM | #2
I think they're used for the highest level of dye modules.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Doug_Gibson
07.30.2013 , 09:15 PM | #3
I got a yellow in a mob drop the other day doing the Gree. I'm maxed artifce & dont see a dye that uses them.

Aeruhl
07.30.2013 , 10:44 PM | #4
^^ Same. And there are no new schematics from artifice trainer.

Grayseven
07.31.2013 , 09:55 AM | #5
IIRC, these were in the same boat as Perfect Carbonic Crystals in that they were added to the game but not used for anything.

That being said, I've seen some posts saying they will be usable for Artifice Schematics related to 2.3 or the Bounty Contract thing.

I've been holding on to them until I hear something definitive from a Dev or find a use for them the BCW or 2.3.
"50 Grades of Shae", a heart-warming novel about a Mandalorian that delivers beat-downs and assigns grades to her victims.

Ryluk_Shouja
08.02.2013 , 11:00 AM | #6
Are they a grade six mat or a grade nine? Because I know that (at least pre-2.0, I haven't checked since as I already have the schematics) you could buy schematics for yellow and orange crystals. I don't remember the name of he crystals, though, and they are a common drop off of grade 6 crystal missions.

If they are grade 9, as a maxed artifice I have never seen a use for G9 colour crystals.

Doug_Gibson
08.02.2013 , 05:48 PM | #7
They're grade 9

Yamiro
08.03.2013 , 01:01 PM | #8
I got a fair share of these crystals from seeker droid myself and tried to do some research to find their purpose, but like the OP I didn't have much luck.

If they are part of the new crafting recepies, would that mean they would drop from the old missions? Or would they be gathered from the strange crystals in the new daily area? Anyone has any thoughts on that?

B o u n t y H u n t e r