Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card."

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
"We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card."
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Morpurgo
12.21.2011 , 02:46 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by D6-R8 View Post
Hi all,

If you are using a credit card to try to subscribe to Star Wars: The Old Republic but with no success then please try again by using a different web browser, ideally the latest version of Internet Explorer. Please also make sure to clear the cookies before entering your credit card data.

If the issue is still occurring, we would appreciate it if you could try the steps here to see if it resolves your issue.

Thank you for your patience, and we look forward to seeing you in Star Wars: The Old Republic!
This doesnt help nothing, I cleared all cookies, used latest IE and still exactly same result.
Cake is a lie, there is only pie. Through pie, I gain calories.
Through calories, I gain bodyfat. Through bodyfat, I gain weight.
Through weight, my social life is broken.
The Thighmaster shall free me.

TalonImhotep
12.21.2011 , 07:20 PM | #22
Actually, I contacted my bank today about this. They see declined charges for $1.00(verification hold). They explained to me its because the payee is out of the country. Unfortunately, I have no idea which country they are in. From what I understand you have to get the entire country added to your 'happy list' for your bank. (and you have to make sure to tell them its permanent otherwise they will only approve it for the first billing cycle as if it were a one time transaction.)

Please advise,
Talon

Master_Nate
12.21.2011 , 08:07 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by sooney View Post
This may be of help or not i had this issue when i first setup my card,

first for most online stuff i set to Visa that's it, here i had to change to visa Delta (for debit card)

after i had set that i hadn't realized it also reset the flaming expiry date once i realized i reset that and it went thru hope that may help?
Worked for me as well. Thanks for the tip.

Darth_Victus
12.21.2011 , 08:28 PM | #24
This is the same issue I am having as well.

Using an American Express that I used to pre order the game with.

RaidenOmega
12.25.2011 , 01:11 AM | #25
The rep's advice helped me none. I hope it does indeed help some of you, however, the advice about changing Visa to Visa Delta for debit users finally worked okay for me. I can access the game now.

Simcity
12.26.2011 , 02:17 AM | #26
Has anyone figured out how to get around this yet? (besides PayPal, which is not an option due to past security leaks of my account.. those scruffy nerf herders)

Same issue a lot of people have had:

Credit Card works one minute, then doesn't. (We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card. Please load a different one.) I have tried an American Express, a Visa and a Mastercard.

A speedy reply would be much appreciated, the look on my kid's face is extremely depressing.

Laevena
12.26.2011 , 03:21 AM | #27 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings,

Firstly when this issue happens with a credit/debit card you are sure is working, we would recommend checking the informations of the credit/debit card and the account you are trying to add a subscription to. You may need to edit the informations in your account in order to match the ones of the card.

Laevena | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Kidanarchist
12.27.2011 , 08:02 PM | #28
Changing to Visa delta Worked for me too. .......why couldn't the reps i talked to and stayed on hold with for 20+ hours figure this out?!?!? wasted a lot of my game time as well.

Pengwynd
12.27.2011 , 08:23 PM | #29
I had to resort to using paypal, and it worked. Changing to Visa Delta didn't help anything for me.

Simcity
12.28.2011 , 04:38 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by E8-P0 View Post
Greetings,

Firstly when this issue happens with a credit/debit card you are sure is working, we would recommend cheking the informations of the credit/debit card and the account you are trying to add a subscription to. You may need to edit the informations in your account in order to match the ones of the card.

Thanks for your reply, the information I have been trying to enter for the past 3 days is correct and matches perfectly to the account information and credit card information (address, name, all that good stuff).. Still no luck.