Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Inequality in CC immunity and objectives

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Inequality in CC immunity and objectives

AdmiralParmesan
07.20.2013 , 08:25 PM | #1
When the new ability barrier was added to sage/sorc it was considered unfair that they were able to hold the ball while immune to damage. Within this respect a common strategy to capture the huttball in rated is to use a sniper's entrench or an assassins shroud to make them immune to CC guaranteeing the ball capture. However how is this any different different than the sorc/sage barrier?

Its seems a class that is more survivable and equally mobile like assassin or a sniper's "covered escape" that makes the immune to cc/damage during the roll would be much more dangerous with the ball. Is this intentional? or perhaps an oversight?

Should entrench and shroud be nerfed to stay in line with other cc immune abilities?
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

Jenzali
07.20.2013 , 08:37 PM | #2
Because the Sniper can still be killed, while Force Barrier makes you completely immune to everything. Also, smoke canister will take them out of Entrench.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

AdmiralParmesan
07.20.2013 , 08:39 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
Because the Sniper can still be killed, while Force Barrier makes you completely immune to everything. Also, smoke canister will take them out of Entrench.
however you also can't move while in force barrier not to mention it is on a longer cooldown. Either way force shroud is still stronger than either choice

MidichIorian
07.20.2013 , 08:46 PM | #4
I think that sorcs/sages should atleast be able to hold the ball while using barrier. They can't move so it's not like it would be a free score, it would however be more in line with rolling/leaping/shroud with the ball. The only scenario in which it could be considered OP is in the event of a tie and with only seconds left on the clock.

Technohic
07.20.2013 , 08:55 PM | #5
Are you bringing up something people USED to whine about just to defend it based on other abilities? I think you should get a hobby.
Technohic - Sniper | Techno-Hic - Gunslinger | Cihonhcet - Scoundrel
Karnrage - Assassin | Egarnrak - Sage
Techen - Merc | Nehcet - Vanguard | Carnrage - Marauder | Egarnrac - Guardian
POT5

Zunayson
07.20.2013 , 08:55 PM | #6
because barrier makes you immune to damage, too.

Entrench does none of that, and Shroud is not a damage immunity in the slightest.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

JP_Legatus
07.20.2013 , 09:14 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Zunayson View Post
because barrier makes you immune to damage, too.

Entrench does none of that, and Shroud is not a damage immunity in the slightest.
Not to mention shroud doesn't even work.
Plaje - 55 Assassin Sorcheals - 55 Sorcerer
TheHulkk - 55 Juggernaut Riksa - 55 Marauder
Ophealing - 55 Operative Lolsniper - 55 Sniper
Overpoweredtech - 29 Powertech The Bastion http://www.twitch.tv/plajje

AdmiralParmesan
07.20.2013 , 09:18 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JP_Legatus View Post
Not to mention shroud doesn't even work.
Shroud hasn't been working completely correctly for a while. Regardless it still is a very powerful tool and when, if ever, it is fixed it will be even better.

AdmiralParmesan
07.20.2013 , 09:19 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
Are you bringing up something people USED to whine about just to defend it based on other abilities? I think you should get a hobby.
Maybe you should get a different hobby than telling people to get new hobbies

foxmob
07.21.2013 , 12:09 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
wow. really? you sure? I never knew that. I knew you could pull them out of cover. I"m actually shocked that there's even one (albeit rare) thing in this game that BW would create to harm a sniper's precious entrench. gawd, I hate that abil.
Krackerjäck VG | Krackerjak PT | Krackcommando | Deinon Merc | other stuff on Jedi Covenant.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.