Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Potential Solution For Warzone Quitting

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Potential Solution For Warzone Quitting

Khan-doh-hh's Avatar


Khan-doh-hh
07.20.2013 , 04:48 PM | #1
This post isn't about why being able to quit wz's is good or bad. There are valid reasons for both sides.

IMO we need something that allows us to quit wz's, but in a way that abuse is minimalized. Not sure if this idea has been brought up before or if it would be easy to implement.

Solution: Cooldown on "que ability" that gets progressively longer each time you quit a wz in a 24 hour period (resets with dailies). Disconnects don't count (actually should be allowed back for ranked). Having 5 freebies before the cooldowns start might keep more people happy.

Feel free to choose your own values

1st Leave = Free!
2nd = 5 - 10 min (or until that wz is complete)
3rd = 10 - 20 min
4th = 20 - 30 min

The main worry here would be que times for everyone getting longer or people leaving the game (which applies to everything). Please let me know what you think and if anything is wrong with what I have said!
K'xx

unixbomber's Avatar


unixbomber
07.20.2013 , 04:51 PM | #2
What could possibly go wrong?

OpeningToEndgame's Avatar


OpeningToEndgame
07.20.2013 , 04:56 PM | #3
I like the people who leave. Try to re-queue and then get put back in the same Warzone.

I remember losing one time because the Imps were doing nothing but bickering with one another. I complained in general chat. The other Imperial team flamed me. I left the match. Requeued and got on the winning team. I did my best to try and make them lose for flaming me, but it didn't work. Lol

yourlordmoses's Avatar


yourlordmoses
07.20.2013 , 05:03 PM | #4
I like the 2nd leave penalty maybe use that until you hit like 5 then put a cooldown on the que it would avoid starving the que of players as much

MidichIorian's Avatar


MidichIorian
07.20.2013 , 05:36 PM | #5
Give the ones who are a staying a bonus instead, those are the ones suffering.

Example: For every guy who enters and quits you'll get an extra + 50 % added to your earned comms.

Risk of exploits: Low. There's no guarantee that whoever you told to queue and then quit, for the sake of you getting extra comms, will end up in your game (give or take games at 5AM when the chance is somewhat greater). Nor will it benefit the quitter unless you take turns. In relation to the time it would take to put this in system people would be better off playing in a normal fashion.
Nor do I think that the the bonus for staying would change the quitter's behaviour. The quitters arent sitting there thinking "hmm should I leave and screw my team mates. Oh well, atleast they'll get extra comms", they simply leave.
AFK'ing? This would only affect the second potential quitter on a team, after that someone has already quit, or els it would be the same as now. I don't see people AFK'ing for comms now so I don't think that would change much.

Khan-doh-hh's Avatar


Khan-doh-hh
07.20.2013 , 05:52 PM | #6
Quote:
Give the ones who are a staying a bonus instead, those are the ones suffering.
People getting put in matches that have already started are suffering too, especially when that causes chain quitting. Buffing the experience of those of are staying is nice compensation, but it doesn't give the people quitting any reason to not do so. I think it would be hard to come up with good rewards that keep quitters objective minded. It seems a gradual penalty is the best way to single out the repeat offenders. Most of the community still thinks it is acceptable to rage quit every once in a while.
K'xx

Stoofa's Avatar


Stoofa
07.20.2013 , 06:24 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Khan-doh-hh View Post
Disconnects don't count (actually should be allowed back for ranked). Having 5 freebies before the cooldowns start might keep more people happy.
So what you are saying is that rather than doing Right-Click>Quit WZ I'll instead need to quickly yank the cable to my switch until I disconnect and then reconnect straight back in?

MidichIorian's Avatar


MidichIorian
07.20.2013 , 06:26 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Khan-doh-hh View Post
People getting put in matches that have already started are suffering too, especially when that causes chain quitting. Buffing the experience of those of are staying is nice compensation, but it doesn't give the people quitting any reason to not do so. I think it would be hard to come up with good rewards that keep quitters objective minded. It seems a gradual penalty is the best way to single out the repeat offenders. Most of the community still thinks it is acceptable to rage quit every once in a while.
Ok how about this, instead of giving them a warzone lockout let's make it so that they cant earn warzone comms in the following game. That way it wouldnt affect queue times. And let's be honest, most people are somewhat interested in the comms.

Khan-doh-hh's Avatar


Khan-doh-hh
07.20.2013 , 06:35 PM | #9
Quote:
instead of giving them a warzone lockout let's make it so that they cant earn warzone comms in the following game.
I'm not sure what the total repercussions from this would be. It is an interesting idea. But in this way you punish the people who don't quit often or had a good reason that time (assuming no other control mechanism is in place).
K'xx

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
07.20.2013 , 06:40 PM | #10
Until they give me the option to select "do not join games in progress" like they do for the group finder, I say 100% no to a quitter debuff. Also, maps. I;m at the point where I just flat out refuse to play voidstar and will leave immediately unless I am grouped with friends.