Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Send two healers to their pylon -> they'll need 6 people for capping.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Send two healers to their pylon -> they'll need 6 people for capping.

Cretinus's Avatar


Cretinus
07.20.2013 , 11:26 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterBLASTERpl View Post
If you've 6 DerPS in your team... Yea, it's going to be painful.
This is the most absurd argument when it comes to healers who try to avoid the incoming nerfs.
It would only be valid if all healers were great players, then you could argue that 2 good healers managed to outplay 6 DPS bads.
But fact is that 2 bad healers manage to keep 6 bad DPS from capping, and 2 good healers also manage to keep 6 good DPS from capping.
Resuming, 2 healers manage to keep 6 DPS of the same skill lvl from capping.

This is a matter of very, very, very poor balance, not a matter of l2p.
nerf operatives

Arunas's Avatar


Arunas
07.20.2013 , 11:30 AM | #12
The most important issue with cross healing is that countering it is way more difficult than executing it. There is no need for any coordination for cross-healing and you can even use CCs to assist if you see that your healer buddy is in a bind. A bit similar with tank-healer combo.

Now if you are DPS then without coordination its very difficult in this situation, as it relies a lot of what kind of utility skills like push you have and you have no way of knowing if your teammate has his skills on cool-down so unfortunately in pug games you need brute force by numbers/FOTM to deal with this.

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
07.20.2013 , 11:45 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghost_Spectre View Post
For the Derp masters, that is what they want. They can't stand not having large number of kills on the scoreboard and the comms that go with it!
I despise smashers -- more because every idiot with a glow stick plays it than because it's "op" -- but reducing effective healing, particularly for a class that suffers none of the disadvantages of other classes in its role, will benefit everyone. yes, healing numbers will drop and dps numbers will rise. guess what? reg matches SHOULD NOT stalemate at mid or first doors. I realize that these are map concerns, but even with the same maps, REGS were not stalemating like this pre- 2.0. healing is too effective.

every rated game I watch is a vstar determined by kills, a long stalemate in NC, a CW won w/o anyone capping mid until the losing team takes a gamble. rated matches were always more stalematey. now they're ridiculously so, and the evidence is even more obvious in regs.
Krackerjäck VG | Krackerjak PT | Krackcommando | Deinon Merc | other stuff on Jedi Covenant.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

MasterBLASTERpl's Avatar


MasterBLASTERpl
07.20.2013 , 12:17 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Cretinus View Post
But fact is that 2 bad healers manage to keep 6 bad DPS from capping, and 2 good healers also manage to keep 6 good DPS from capping.
(...)
This is a matter of very, very, very poor balance, not a matter of l2p.
Healing is now a bit OP, but this what you're describing is just a L2P issue.

I have 3 healers (sage/sorc) and there is no way I can survive encounter with 3 dps without guard/taunt - no way. If you can not kill with 6 dps 2 healers it means you are just bad and no nerf will change that, becouse you're not using interrupt, shatter shots and stuns (or use it when opp healer has a full resolve bar). Period.

I can say many bad things right now about healing in this game from healer, dps and tank perspective but definitely not a one when you can't kill with 3 dps one healer that isn't guarded, it's a shame really. Quoting some classic: 'Your dps skills are bad, and you should feel bad'.

Carter_Mathis's Avatar


Carter_Mathis
07.20.2013 , 12:24 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Cretinus View Post
Yeah, sure. There's no issue with healers in PvP, it's all a matter of l2p. The fact that everybody and his mum is playing a healer, preferably an operative, is a pure coincidence.
Then why do teams with 2 operative healers lose nodes.......
Vasyel- Prime Defense- Scoundrel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Guardian, Vanguard, Sentinel, Marauder

Capt_Beers's Avatar


Capt_Beers
07.20.2013 , 01:08 PM | #16
I get melted on my Mando against 2 good DPS.

I would imagine the situation the OP is describing is no one using CC properly or interrupts. Just going for damage not realizing all their damage is being healed through. With probably 3 morons trying to cap at once getting interrupted by the healers AoE while 3 hopelessly spam their free attack on the healers
<FREE UGLY> - POT5 - <SUPER BADS>
Keith-Stone 55 Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration | | Key'th 55 Advanced Prototype

TonyDragonflame's Avatar


TonyDragonflame
07.20.2013 , 02:02 PM | #17
There enough 3 good dps to shut down 2 healers - 3 snipers, 2 smashers and 1 sniper or 3 smashers.
May the Force be with you!
Vigilance vr 100 | Scrapper vr 91 | Focus vr 91 | Assault vr 88 | Infiltration v 82 | Sharpshooter v 73
Manhunter 110+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

Asturias's Avatar


Asturias
07.20.2013 , 02:07 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Cretinus View Post
As easy as that. Two cross healing healers can interrupt capping and the other team will need at least 6 for killing them.

Bolster is a joke.
Correction but yeah I agree with you 100% but you know what, Bolster eliminates your argument because it can be as simple as you need to learn to play or maybe those players don't know how to counter two healers.

Bolster is the fix to all for PvP here. It suppose to make things balanced but does it really???

Its nothing but a pure simple scape goat for the DEVs to the real issues this game needs fixing on the PvP side.
Jung Ma RP-PvP server
Asturias (Main) Mercenary Fross Juggernaut (Alt)
Rhinus (Alt) Sith Assassin Bastion PvP Server
"Credits is what gets me motivated".

TheCourier-'s Avatar


TheCourier-
07.20.2013 , 02:48 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
I get melted on my Mando against 2 good DPS.

I would imagine the situation the OP is describing is no one using CC properly or interrupts. Just going for damage not realizing all their damage is being healed through. With probably 3 morons trying to cap at once getting interrupted by the healers AoE while 3 hopelessly spam their free attack on the healers
Commando can get interrupted easily. Operative does not use a lot of channeled heals.
Multiple characters on Pot5

Capt_Beers's Avatar


Capt_Beers
07.20.2013 , 03:11 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TheCourier- View Post
Commando can get interrupted easily. Operative does not use a lot of channeled heals.
If 6 DPS can't out damage 1 Op (the one they are focusing should be stun locked) the DPS are bad. No two ways about that. Emergency Med Pack heals for about 3k, 4 if you are lucky. If 6 DPS can't put out ~9k damage in 1.5 seconds that is beyond bad.

But like I said, 3 of them were probably trying to cap at once and the Op would throw out a grenade and interrupt them all. Then they would all probably try to do it again while the 2 Ops were out healing the 3 that were trying to kill them instead of CCing them for that short *** 6 sec cap time.
<FREE UGLY> - POT5 - <SUPER BADS>
Keith-Stone 55 Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration | | Key'th 55 Advanced Prototype