Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Voidstar 2nd door is becoming impassable

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Voidstar 2nd door is becoming impassable

Ditolus
07.20.2013 , 01:30 AM | #1
in my experience, the only games where a team gets through the second door in voicdstar is simply when one team is pretty awful. in matches where the 2 teams are both good, its hopless for either side to get through the second door. i think something has to be done to make it a little harder to defend that part of the zone.

maybe do what was done to the first door with the fence that was added. that would make it harder to float between the 2 doors and make it slightly harder to defend.

BarronWasteland
07.20.2013 , 01:32 AM | #2
Not tonight on the Bastion its not, with stealth bomb planters it is easy. In just one match we saw 3 stealth bomb plants and 1 stealth bomb defuse.

I wish BioWare would take the hacking in PVP seriously. Its ruining the game.
Barron Wasteland
/__R_e_d___D_r_a_g_o_n___P_l_a_t_o_o_n__\

- The most interesting man in the Universe. -

Gren-Aluren
07.20.2013 , 01:55 AM | #3
The last two doors are the easiest doors. As soon as the first door explodes a quick class (Like Sniper or Scoundrel) can get to the console and activate the bridge while the rest of the team keeps the enemies at bay in the choke points (AoE Knockbacks, AoE CCs) and when the bridge activates the mobile person can run his *** to the opposite door. It works flawlessly if you avoid killing too many people at this stage as it will leave less people to defend the doors.

Quote: Originally Posted by BarronWasteland View Post
Not tonight on the Bastion its not, with stealth bomb planters it is easy. In just one match we saw 3 stealth bomb plants and 1 stealth bomb defuse.

I see this often. Is this a bug from a delay in loading the player coming out of stealth or are people using some kind of exploit? This bug been around since launch.

DarthMaulUK
07.20.2013 , 04:04 AM | #4
Depends on the team. You can soon team if you're with a bunch of muppets if they focus on just killing instead of the objectives, or wont shield against incoming whilst someone plants. I had this today, so I just quit the warzone. No point wasting time with a bunch of loons
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.

Yeochins
07.20.2013 , 05:19 AM | #5

That speaks to the lack of skill on Bastion.

If your team is very good at PvP, then no team should get past the first doors.

If your team is good at PvP, then nobody should get past the second doors.

mulzii
07.20.2013 , 05:43 AM | #6
the problem you are seeing here is that there is an influx of the fotm OP/scoundrel healer in WZs these days. Always 2+ in each WZ. Unless you have a well coordinated attack to separate/kill the cross-heals, capture a node is next to impossible with 2+ ops around. And the wzs with nodes next to the rez like VS feels this more than others, as even focusing/killing one OP healer and targetting the second, the 1st one will be out of the rez by the time you could burn the second.

Cretinus
07.20.2013 , 06:05 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by mulzii View Post
the problem you are seeing here is that there is an influx of the fotm OP/scoundrel healer in WZs these days. Always 2+ in each WZ. Unless you have a well coordinated attack to separate/kill the cross-heals, capture a node is next to impossible with 2+ ops around. And the wzs with nodes next to the rez like VS feels this more than others, as even focusing/killing one OP healer and targetting the second, the 1st one will be out of the rez by the time you could burn the second.
You forgot the two tanks guarding the op/scoundrel healers. Probably because they hadn't start the WZ as tanks, but as DPS. You probably didn't notice that they respecced to tanks for the deffing part.

Op/scoundrel healers + healer/tank combos + respecc during WZs make PvP as exciting as watching paint dry.

Honestly, this is the only MMO I know where heal and protection (specially when carried by respeccs) are strong enough to ensure to 100% that even a very good enemy team will not reach one single objective.
Cretinus again! What a great post!

Asturias
07.20.2013 , 01:50 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ditolus View Post
in my experience, the only games where a team gets through the second door in voicdstar is simply when one team is pretty awful. in matches where the 2 teams are both good, its hopless for either side to get through the second door. i think something has to be done to make it a little harder to defend that part of the zone.

maybe do what was done to the first door with the fence that was added. that would make it harder to float between the 2 doors and make it slightly harder to defend.
DPS lacks really bad in this game were as the TANK/HEAL has been boosted and guess who plays those classes if its not PVEers. So does that tell you anything and not to mention Bolster only works for one group of people and you guessed it PVEers.

BioWARE says "Thanks for playing PvPers but we like our PVEers more so here is a exclusive middle finger from us to you /cheers".
Jung Ma RP-PvP server
Asturias (Main) Mercenary Fross Juggernaut (Alt)
Rhinus (Alt) Sith Assassin Bastion PvP Server
"Credits is what gets me motivated".

Keese
07.20.2013 , 02:01 PM | #9

I dont think this is an exploit so much as the game isnt loading the stealther breaking stealth to plant fast enough. Ive run into this issue too.

I think its just a poor coding issue on the client side thats causing the Stealthers not to show up right away in the middle of a fight. Seems to me the more abilities going off around me ( IE Combat Log spam ) the less the client can keep up with it and render it on your screen.

unixbomber
07.20.2013 , 05:00 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Asturias View Post
DPS lacks really bad in this game
i lol'd