Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are warzones just a fotm fest???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Are warzones just a fotm fest???

unixbomber
07.20.2013 , 03:08 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Shakhaar View Post
Is it bad for PvPers? It depends really - of course its dull to see squads of healing Operatives/Scoundrels in every WZ, but in general fighting them comes down to what it always does: are they a good player? Are you a good player? A bad player playing a FOTM class isnt that much of a threat to a good player playing a not so FOTM class.

As said above, before jumping to the gun and claiming a class is too strong, perhaps it is best to revise ones own playstyle. Why is it best? Well for one, learning to play your class will give you the edge in all PvP encounters, not just "my class vs class X". Secondly, you wont have to wait indefinitely for when and if BioWare tweak class balance in your favor.
I like you.

Vaerah
07.20.2013 , 03:35 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by pyromaniatic View Post
people still whine about rage spec? BW if you actually read the forums.. please make sure you take the advice from the experienced...
Some classes stack like a charm. Nothing uglier than getting 4-5 healed smashers carving craters all over the map.

Another EA MMO found a solution to that: beyond a certain number, the damage done by multiple of same class using the same skill(s) gets discarded.

Leafy_Bug
07.20.2013 , 03:38 AM | #23
Ah, the eternal L2p argument and you are a baddie routine. Yeah we all need to L2P when you go into a warzone with your sage healer, maxed out expertise, you face, 3 smashers, 2 snipers, 1 jugg tank, 2 operative healers. You go in there, the first menage a smash is on you, all dishing 8k per hit. You pop the barrier cos you lost 27k of your hp from all fo them. You are there with a tad of hp, barrier goes off, 10k vicious slash. You go back with your team, sniper hits you for 6k, jugg uses force push, jug leaps, 8k smash, second jugg leaps, smash, 8k takedown from snipers. Life expectacy 3s tops. Your Guardian tank has been marked, you have been marked, you go back in, the damage on both of you is so much that you either send two three heals to your guardian tank or you heals once yourself before you die.

Conclusion? You take 1 million damage, the 3 juggs do 1.4 million dmg each and the two snipers do 900k each. This was a warzone I did recently on TOFN and I can say one thing for all you gurus S T F U with your L2P and you are a baddie. Damage is out of control on FOTM classes. 10k viciious slash on full expertise people? I don't even think expertise works.So go back to WoW or whatever MMO under you rock came from and say there L2P or that class balancing is fine.

So after that warzone, I vendored this PoS Conqueror gear BioWare has given me as it clearly does not work if I am hit like that. I will PVP from now on in my BIS Underworld on all my toons. No point in farming gear just to die in 3 seconds.

Monterone
07.20.2013 , 05:08 AM | #24
Yep, it's all agents and warriors. OP heals, sniper dps and smashers of both classes. Why would you bring anything else?
Sominette . Saminette
Wrath of Xedrix

mulzii
07.20.2013 , 05:50 AM | #25
I'm not seeing smashers as much as pre-2.0, pre 55 and 55 wzs (non ranked of course). Every wz seems to have 2+ op healers, snipers and sorc/sages. Maybe 1 or two of the other classes, but these are the big three fotm atm.

skotish
07.20.2013 , 09:05 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Leafy_Bug View Post
Ah, the eternal L2p argument and you are a baddie routine. Yeah we all need to L2P when you go into a warzone with your sage healer, maxed out expertise, you face, 3 smashers, 2 snipers, 1 jugg tank, 2 operative healers. You go in there, the first menage a smash is on you, all dishing 8k per hit. You pop the barrier cos you lost 27k of your hp from all fo them. You are there with a tad of hp, barrier goes off, 10k vicious slash. You go back with your team, sniper hits you for 6k, jugg uses force push, jug leaps, 8k smash, second jugg leaps, smash, 8k takedown from snipers. Life expectacy 3s tops. Your Guardian tank has been marked, you have been marked, you go back in, the damage on both of you is so much that you either send two three heals to your guardian tank or you heals once yourself before you die.

Conclusion? You take 1 million damage, the 3 juggs do 1.4 million dmg each and the two snipers do 900k each. This was a warzone I did recently on TOFN and I can say one thing for all you gurus S T F U with your L2P and you are a baddie. Damage is out of control on FOTM classes. 10k viciious slash on full expertise people? I don't even think expertise works.So go back to WoW or whatever MMO under you rock came from and say there L2P or that class balancing is fine.

So after that warzone, I vendored this PoS Conqueror gear BioWare has given me as it clearly does not work if I am hit like that. I will PVP from now on in my BIS Underworld on all my toons. No point in farming gear just to die in 3 seconds.
Totally agree with you some of the forum warriors need too check themselves I mean they ain't devs they know sheeeite
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankenseuss View Post
Palpetine: "... Not from a TOR dev."
TOFN Farquar'hoffe/Val'korsin

Dismayven
07.20.2013 , 09:30 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by ScruffyWhite View Post
I swear every warzone I go into it's the same thing over and over again smashers, op healers, lolstab, snipers...are there any plans to fix this **** bioware calls balance or are we all meant to reroll just to compete with other classes?
Needed to vent :3
so you are saying you only play one high lvl character, u keep getting stomped in pvp and somehow it is somebody elses fault?

i play all 16 characters, i find if the chars have proper gear and know wut you are doing they are all effective. i have not played any of the chars and thought "gee this char sucks, no way it could be me. bioware must fix the game so that no matter what char i play i am the only OP person in the entire game and i can kill whole enemy team with a single basic attack."

this can be fixed with 3 simple steps

get better gear, learn to play, stop crying.

Vaerah
07.20.2013 , 09:33 AM | #28
I think I was in those WZs you have been in. Those synced smashers 1 shot everyone and everything, it was like 45 kills each and 7 digits damage vs 1-2 kills for the opponents at the end of each WZ. Very fun... for them.

TheronFett
07.20.2013 , 09:34 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by ScruffyWhite View Post
I swear every warzone I go into it's the same thing over and over again smashers, op healers, lolstab, snipers...are there any plans to fix this **** bioware calls balance or are we all meant to reroll just to compete with other classes?
Needed to vent :3
Everyone always rolls FOTM specs after "balancing". Marauders and Powertechs got a nerf, so you don't see much of them anymore.

Dismayven
07.20.2013 , 09:34 AM | #30

if ur team gets wrecked that fast its cuz the entire team is worse than the enemy team. u cry about jugs, take a guardian, u cry bout maras take a sentinel, u cry bout snipers take a gunslinger.

wow amazing thats a 4 man team with a tank, melee/aoe dps, ranged dps and your healer.
both factions have the mirrors of every advanced class with the exact same skills, just different names and animations. u guys just mad cuz u dont win 100% of the time.

LOL
ROFL
HAHA
LMAO
ROFLMFAO