Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why people think healers are Op

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why people think healers are Op

General_Aldo
07.18.2013 , 11:54 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by kweassa View Post
Scoundrel/Ops are fine. Not any more difficult to counter than any other healer.

What's really difficult, is not the healers, but breaking through the enemy team effort to guard their healer. You can't do that alone, nor only with just a few DPS classes. You need the whole team to break it, because the whole enemy team is protecting.
You obviously play an operative/scoundrel healer and don't want to get nerfed so you actually have to use skill when playing
Bornsteller - Combat Medic
King of PUGS
http://www.twitch.tv/general_aldo
"The last commando healer"

Regentlord
07.19.2013 , 01:59 AM | #12
I think healers aren't that OP at healing/not being able to kill by themselves. The problem comes from guard making it impossible to burst them.

Brunner_Venda
07.19.2013 , 02:00 AM | #13
Zoidberg says, "Your PVP is bad, and you should feel bad."

AlrikFassbauer
07.19.2013 , 02:24 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ace_boogie View Post
People think they're OP because they think they should be able to be a solo healer killing hero.
Which works in the low levels very well, regarding the Sage.
My Sage gets killed in low-level PvP very often.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Cretinus
07.19.2013 , 02:25 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by General_Aldo View Post
The real reason why people think healer are OP right now is because a majority of healers now are operatve/scound or sage/sorc. Now, in order for healing to be returned to a manageable state, operative/scound and sage/sorc needs to be on par with a minimally buffed Mando/Merc healer. This will fix the current healer friendly state in pvp, and things will be able to die in ranked once more.
In other words:
You play mando/merc healer and you want a buff for your class. In return you offer a nerf to the healing classes that you don't play.

Great post.

Hey! I play DPS sorc. Why not buff DPS sorc and nerf marauders in return? Overall DPS would remain the same!
nerf operatives

kweassa
07.19.2013 , 03:46 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by KamujinKravshera View Post
Do you even PvP? The whole team is protecting? No, of course they are not. Some of the team is on defense and some is on offense trying to, you know, kill the other team, disrupt their healers, and maybe even capture objectives.
At any given time a healer situated in a good performing team is protected by:

(1) guard
(2) taunt (which may originate from the guarder, or sub-tanks nearby, even some DPS)
(3) cross healers
(4) peelers
(5) support classes/others nearby

The numbers range between 3 to 7 (the whole team!) players that try to keep the healer alive. Ever see how good tanks and DPS constantly switch targets and move around the battlefield to cover their healer in trouble? Ever see how a friendly sage/sorc nearby knocks back someone off from the healer and CCs it to buy time? Even DPS spec sorc/sages spamming heals to keep someone up?

Seems you have no idea how the actual dynamics of team tactics revolve, and change around the healer. I can imagine why people like you just have to contend that healers are OP. Nice nifty way to hide one's own suckage, ain't it?

L2P dude.
"90% of PvP complaints come from people that are thoroughly unqualified to comment about anything in the first place. Stop assuming that you are a good player, then an answer will come; why you die so often, why you are CCd so often, and why you complain about healers so often - You're simply a bad player. Harsh truth."

kweassa
07.19.2013 , 04:00 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by General_Aldo View Post
You obviously play an operative/scoundrel healer and don't want to get nerfed so you actually have to use skill when playing
I have a SCRAPPER scoundrel that hunts light armored sorc healers or medium armored Ops healers for a living, and regularly sends them to the respawn if in case they aren't protected by their teammates. If I fail in killing them, I at least make it sure that they hurt so much while being attacked, that all they can do is run all around the combat zone spamming heals at themselves, and even draws in other healers to cross-heal them, pulling two healers off the immediate fight and help my team bring the rest of the not-healed enemies down.

The only times I fail in bringing down, or seriously neutering healers, and makes me feel that they are Op, is when they are guarded by a tank, someone taunts me so I don't even get 1/3rd of my normal damage in, as well as some DPS marauder or sniper with a sharp awareness notices me and starts hurting me to peel me off.

In that case I have no way to bring the enemy healer down, because my own F-ing teammates who were supposed to take on the enemy tank and draw in the attention of enemy peelers, have failed in doing their job, as well as our own healer who was supposed to keep me alive long enough to bring enemy healers down, failed in their job of keeping me alive -- which, again, also denotes a failure from the rest of the team to keep our healer alive.

So, no, I don't have a healer scoundrel I fear of getting nerfed.

What I fear is that ham-fisted terribads like you try to make it too easy to bring down healers, depriving me of all challenge, and bringing down the entire level gameplay for PvPers as a whole, allowing terribads reap the fruits of something they did not sow, or deserve, since obviously they never really studied or practiced something in earnest until they perfected it, succeeded it in actual combat, and feel the great satisfaction of achieving a difficult feat.

TL;DR

The reason I think the healers are fine, is because those who say they are OP is trying to dumb things down to their own suckage level -- but PvP is all about competency, practice, and determination as well as motivation to become better. When you meet something you can't bring down, you practice and hone your skills until you can. If you don't have that kind of grit, then you haven't got what it takes to really PvP.

And of course, those who give up, come to these boards, and take on the path of the losers. Whining as whiner could. *snicker*
"90% of PvP complaints come from people that are thoroughly unqualified to comment about anything in the first place. Stop assuming that you are a good player, then an answer will come; why you die so often, why you are CCd so often, and why you complain about healers so often - You're simply a bad player. Harsh truth."

Baalzamon
07.19.2013 , 04:12 AM | #18
Dont worry OP healers will get nerfed when 4vs4 arenas are coming, because no one will ever die with a Op healer+ tank in there team.

Cretinus
07.19.2013 , 04:13 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by kweassa View Post
I have a SCRAPPER scoundrel that hunts light armored sorc healers or medium armored Ops healers for a living, and regularly sends them to the respawn if in case they aren't protected by their teammates. If I fail in killing them, I at least make it sure that they hurt so much while being attacked, that all they can do is run all around the combat zone spamming heals at themselves, and even draws in other healers to cross-heal them, pulling two healers off the immediate fight and help my team bring the rest of the not-healed enemies down.

The only times I fail in bringing down, or seriously neutering healers, and makes me feel that they are Op, is when they are guarded by a tank, someone taunts me so I don't even get 1/3rd of my normal damage in, as well as some DPS marauder or sniper with a sharp awareness notices me and starts hurting me to peel me off.

In that case I have no way to bring the enemy healer down, because my own F-ing teammates who were supposed to take on the enemy tank and draw in the attention of enemy peelers, have failed in doing their job, as well as our own healer who was supposed to keep me alive long enough to bring enemy healers down, failed in their job of keeping me alive -- which, again, also denotes a failure from the rest of the team to keep our healer alive.
So basically, you're good, but the enemy team and your team mates are all bads? That's called a geocentric perception of oneself.
nerf operatives

Atramar
07.19.2013 , 04:15 AM | #20
bloody sorc/sage healers, cleansing slows from their selves and running out of my range every 20 seconds... always find sage/sorc healers harder to kill on my sin then operatives (I mean in a heat of battle, not if I find some guy 1vs1)... and if operative tries to roll (remember, slowed), I know he's desperate and dead. on other hand when I run my operative, it's funny how people trying to kill me... blowing all their goodies on first 6 seconds hoping to burst me down (I have cooldowns too,suckers)... using their cc breaker on that 4 sec stun just to get 8 second mezz or a grenade... if I use vanish same second they run far end to attack some one else, 4.5 seconds later I'm full hp and healing again from cover...

but what can you expect when people see sage/sorc they get tunnel vision and triy to kill him ignoring that little man (actually, my healer is body type 3) who is on his knee, letting him free cast what ever he wants...
it's even more funny to get merc as my guard partner, cause people tunnel vision mercenary cause they heard they suck and think of free kill..

learn to focus fire and atleast swap targets if you see an option to help some one out in killing one person faster.

Quote: Originally Posted by Baalzamon View Post
Dont worry OP healers will get nerfed when 4vs4 arenas are coming, because no one will ever die with a Op healer+ tank in there team.
actually mercs might be good healers for arenas if you drop 4x stealth idea. merc healer+PT guard (to pull enemy healer to smashers) + 2 jugg smashers - profit.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013