Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why people think healers are Op

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why people think healers are Op

General_Aldo
07.18.2013 , 05:24 PM | #1
The real reason why people think healer are OP right now is because a majority of healers now are operatve/scound or sage/sorc. Now, in order for healing to be returned to a manageable state, operative/scound and sage/sorc needs to be on par with a minimally buffed Mando/Merc healer. This will fix the current healer friendly state in pvp, and things will be able to die in ranked once more.

(This is coming from someone who plays Commando medic)
Bornsteller - Combat Medic
King of PUGS - The Bastion http://www.twitch.tv/general_aldo
"The last commando healer"
Has officially given up on the Republic

ace_boogie
07.18.2013 , 05:53 PM | #2
People think they're OP because they think they should be able to be a solo healer killing hero.
K'seńa

Kerensk
07.18.2013 , 05:57 PM | #3
You shouldn't be able to solo kill. But 1 good DPS should be able to stalemate 1 good healer. Right now Operative healers can spend 1/3 ofthe time on self heals and 2/3 on team heals whole being focused.

Just nerf the currently buffed self heals so they are the same as healing a teammate and it should be enough.
The Harbinger, Piett Legacy
“It's an older quote but it checks out. I was about to clear it. ”

nitroyoshi
07.18.2013 , 06:00 PM | #4
its too easy
Jedi Covenant: ✮Ootar✮ | Ootaria | Lunarios | Heliara | Ootard | Uutar
The Bastion: ✮Photar✮ | Ootar | Ootard
Mostly Harmless | white girl problems
The Azoterra Legacy

foxmob
07.18.2013 , 06:18 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ace_boogie View Post
People think they're OP because they think they should be able to be a solo healer killing hero.
why kill the op when you can squeeze a little juice for free?

...yeah. gotta work on that one....
meh
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

darthruff
07.18.2013 , 06:26 PM | #6
The real problem is 2 of the 3 classes that are built to destroy healers are perceived as nerfed so very few play them. I melt Operative healers with my mara & my vanguard... and those are the 2 classes, with assassins as the 3rd, that really put pressure on me when I'm healing on my operative.
Ipo

General_Aldo
07.18.2013 , 06:35 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ace_boogie View Post
The only healer broken is Operative/Scoundrel. They need to be brought to Commando/Mercenary level
Bornsteller - Combat Medic
King of PUGS - The Bastion http://www.twitch.tv/general_aldo
"The last commando healer"
Has officially given up on the Republic

kweassa
07.18.2013 , 10:29 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by General_Aldo View Post
The only healer broken is Operative/Scoundrel. They need to be brought to Commando/Mercenary level
Scoundrel/Ops are fine. Not any more difficult to counter than any other healer.

What's really difficult, is not the healers, but breaking through the enemy team effort to guard their healer. You can't do that alone, nor only with just a few DPS classes. You need the whole team to break it, because the whole enemy team is protecting.
"90% of PvP complaints come from people that are thoroughly unqualified to comment about anything in the first place. Stop assuming that you are a good player, then an answer will come; why you die so often, why you are CCd so often, and why you complain about healers so often - You're simply a bad player. Harsh truth."

KamujinKravshera
07.18.2013 , 11:10 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by kweassa View Post
Scoundrel/Ops are fine. Not any more difficult to counter than any other healer.

What's really difficult, is not the healers, but breaking through the enemy team effort to guard their healer. You can't do that alone, nor only with just a few DPS classes. You need the whole team to break it, because the whole enemy team is protecting.
Do you even PvP? The whole team is protecting? No, of course they are not. Some of the team is on defense and some is on offense trying to, you know, kill the other team, disrupt their healers, and maybe even capture objectives.
I'm paper. Rock is fine. Nerf scissors!

Kamujin - Sage/Sorc Healer - Pot5

Raansu
07.18.2013 , 11:38 PM | #10
You know how you fix operative healers? You make them use their damn energy. I almost always have 3 stacks of upper hand when I roll healer and I can practically throw out hots and emergency medpack all day long and never run out of energy (one is free the other costs practically nothing.) 90% of the time I don't even bother to look at my energy bar when I spec healing because I simply do not have to. Make the class actually have to pay attention to energy management and force them to actually use it and they become a more reasonable healing spec and not the EZ mode that they currently are.